• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andreas Isaksson

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzz

Stefano said:
lolz2ow.jpg

Heh..
he's freaking huge! i'm henry would kick ass though :lol:
p.s. back on to the topic, it would be awesome if we could sign him. Jens regardless of all his performances is getting old and for that reason alone is or atleast will need to be replaced this season or at the very latest next. I would have hoped wenger would have rectified the goal keeping position this summer once and for all, let's hope he does.

Paden

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,665524,00.html

Aftonbladet is the one who reported it this time and it says it should stand in the daily mirror yesterday. I haven´t found it there so it must be a wish or a guess again from Aftonbladet.

A couple of weeks it was the other swedish newspaper Expressen who said he would come for us. I would really love it but when it stands in Aftonbladet, it´s just untrue...

chachacallis

http://www.myfootballnews.co.uk/feed_ne ... ory=211966

Arsenal are eyeing Rennes goalkeeper Andreas Isaksson.
Gunners boss Arsène Wenger is targeting the Sweden international as a replacement for Stuart Taylor, who signed for Aston Villa yesterday.

Isaksson has won 28 full caps and has the quality Wenger wants as he looks for a long-term successor to take over from Jens Lehmann. Rennes rate the Swede in the £4 million class.

Army of Me

Established Member
i have never seen this guy play, but i hear good things about him - how would you guys rate him next to Cech... cos let's face it, thats the quality we should be going for, and if he's as good as or better than Cech then 4mil is a snip and he should be bought.

Army of Me

Established Member
"but he's quite good for his age"

mmmmmm, so do you think we should buy him, when and where did you see him play?

asajoseph

Established Member
Pha2er, if nothing else most will have seen him at Euro 2004 and in the qualifiers for this tournament, even if they don't recall him specifically.

Gunner8

pha2er said:
"but he's quite good for his age"

mmmmmm, so do you think we should buy him, when and where did you see him play?
I'm french and i can see all matches of Ligue 1 on Tv so i had some occasions to see him;)
Yes i think we should sign him to be a #1 bis for next year before being our starting goalie.
Evrybody blame Lehman but i think it would be a lack of respect of puting him on the bench for his last season.He have to play to convince Klinsman for the WC06.
He give us the FaCup, a lot of persons forget things very quick.

brianfrance

Established Member
If we sign Isaakson, and Lehmann is having another bad time (like when arsène felt almunia would be a better option..) then Isaakson won't be Almunia. He'll definitely keep the #1 !

Paden

Isaksson and Cech were the best keepers in Euro 2004. He has a great potential and will be top 10 in the future. His play with his feet isnt to good but everything else is top class. I believe he can be as good as Cech and Isaksson is in the new generation of goalkeepers. No more old **** like Warmuz, Lehmann (ok, not **** maybe..) etc....

SAKURABA

Lehman is good but Isaksson will be better sooner than later...he looked sharp at euro... but lacked confidence in penalty..

Ratinho

Established Member
kin4ever said:
kaids said:
he looks a bit short to me

...199... short? yea~ right! :lol:

I believe that was a joke from Kaids.

I've seen him play a few times, and he has a presence about him like Cech. Not as good, that's a given, but he's pretty damn good

A

Anonymous

im back, sorry about the spellings of should and see :wink:

and i didn't know about that 606 post, i honestly could say i received those exact words from a text message!!!

having said that, signing him would be great...

siddharth

Isaksson is a good keeper no doubt. But what puzzles me is why manure didn't make a move for him when he's supposedly available for a reasonable fee of around 5m. Instead they signed Van Der Saar. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom