• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Are we the worst run football club in the league?

Are we the worst run football club amongst the top 6 clubs?

• Yes

• No

• We're about the right level

Results are only viewable after voting.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I've just said this another thread but I want to emphasise the point. There's no doubt we're badly run in so many respects, but there are still things to be very proud of about this club.

We've given debuts to 7 players so far this season. That's in addition to academy products Wilshere, Iwobi and AMN already in the squad.

No-one else is going to give us credit for this, so we have to give it ourselves.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I've just said this another thread but I want to emphasise the point. There's no doubt we're badly run in so many respects, but there are still things to be very proud of about this club.

We've given debuts to 7 players so far this season. That's in addition to academy products Wilshere, Iwobi and AMN already in the squad.

No-one else is going to give us credit for this, so we have to give it ourselves.
When I read this in the matchday thread, I thought okay fine, that is true. But putting it here is just taking the piss. What the Fvck does that achieve? Half of those players will be gone in a few years time. Either because they will become frustrated with the positions Wenger shoehorns them into, or becuase of the lack of playing time behind some muppet like Coq, Theo or Elneny.
Also, Wilshere has been better but still has everything to prove. What has he achieved? Was slow last night too. I hope it comes right for him though.
Iwobi, while a great player is nowhere when compared to other players on his age already in the league.
AMN looks great but we don't really know until he gets a run in the league.

Giving 7 players a debut in a season is not testimony to a well run club. Half the championship do this all the time.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
When I read this in the matchday thread, I thought okay fine, that is true. But putting it here is just taking the piss. What the Fvck does that achieve? Half of those players will be gone in a few years time. Either because they will become frustrated with the positions Wenger shoehorns them into, or becuase of the lack of playing time behind some muppet like Coq, Theo or Elneny.
Also, Wilshere has been better but still has everything to prove. What has he achieved? Was slow last night too. I hope it comes right for him though.
Iwobi, while a great player is nowhere when compared to other players on his age already in the league.
AMN looks great but we don't really know until he gets a run in the league.

Giving 7 players a debut in a season is not testimony to a well run club. Half the championship do this all the time.

Firstly, modify your tone.

Second, there are different interpretations of what constitutes a well run club and they can co-exist at the same time. Is it one that lifts trophies? One that funds its own spending? One that brings its academy players through to the first team? One that retains a connection to the local community?

Football is primarily about winning and lifting trophies, but that's not all it's about. Chelsea have won trophies, but we recognise the caveat that they have an absurd loan army and haven't brought through an academy player since John Terry. This rightly diminishes them in our eyes. City will probably win the league this year, but we will also acknowledge the vast amount they've spent in doing so.

As much as I hate them, if Sp**s were to win the league as opposed to City, those would be 2 different achievements and recognised as such. Sp**s have developed their academy players, and now that some of them have come good they're getting a lot of praise for it, rightly so.

Perhaps you just have a different interpretation of football, that's fine. Other clubs also play their youth, but few of those clubs are competing at the top of the league with the pressure that comes with that. It takes a certain amount of integrity and belief in what a football club should be to give youth a chance even under pressure.

So yes, that comment does belong in this thread. In many ways we're a badly run club, but not in every way.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
If you don't give a chance to anyone, no-one will make it. The more chances you give, the more likelihood that someone will make it.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Second, there are different interpretations of what constitutes a well run club and they can co-exist at the same time. Is it one that lifts trophies? One that funds its own spending? One that brings its academy players through to the first team? One that retains a connection to the local community?

Football is primarily about winning and lifting trophies, but that's not all it's about. Chelsea have won trophies, but we recognise the caveat that they have an absurd loan army and haven't brought through an academy player since John Terry. This rightly diminishes them in our eyes. City will probably win the league this year, but we will also acknowledge the vast amount they've spent in doing so.

As much as I hate them, if Sp**s were to win the league as opposed to City, those would be 2 different achievements and recognised as such. Sp**s have developed their academy players, and now that some of them have come good they're getting a lot of praise for it, rightly so.

Perhaps you just have a different interpretation of football, that's fine. Other clubs also play their youth, but few of those clubs are competing at the top of the league with the pressure that comes with that. It takes a certain amount of integrity and belief in what a football club should be to give youth a chance even under pressure.

So yes, that comment does belong in this thread. In many ways we're a badly run club, but not in every way.
There's a very good reason for the below.... It isn't an achievement....
"No-one else is going to give us credit for this, so we have to give it ourselves."

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Manchester City top Soccerex Football Finance 100 ahead of Arsenal, PSG

Runaway Premier League leaders Manchester City are packing more financial power than any other club in world football, according to a new study.

The Soccerex Football Finance 100, which ranks the world's top teams based on both their playing and fixed assets, money in the bank, owner potential investment and debt, was published on Wednesday.

City, who have dropped just four points in the league this season, lead the way ahead of Arsenal with English clubs dominating the top 10. Tottenham are fifth on the list ahead of seventh-placed Manchester United, with Chelsea in ninth.

According to the study, Arsenal have £766 million worth of fixed assets -- following their move from Highbury to the Emirates Stadium -- more than any other club in world football, while only Manchester United have more money in the bank (£307m) than Arsenal's £300m.

The north London club also have the lowest net debt (£8m) of any other team from England, with Chelsea's £800m recorded as the largest of clubs in the top 100.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/english-...rex-football-finance-100-ahead-of-arsenal-psg

Goonerozil33

Well said. It is a shame that if we have not won the league then it is a failure is the prevailing sentiment.

KROENKE SUCKS

I’d say we’re the only club that rewards players/managers who have failed.

What about our CEO? He has been getting us fantastic sponsorship deals? Some people like to make it all about Wenger. Although now its magically become Wenger/the players.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
What about our CEO? He has been getting us fantastic sponsorship deals? Some people like to make it all about Wenger. Although now its magically become Wenger/the players.
Gazidis got us the Puma deal which made it possible to sign Mesut Özil and Alexis Sanchez only for Wenger to fail win the league against Leicester City and end up in the Europa League. Gazidis has pushed for a new director of football and got it done. Gazidis has always maintained that Arsène has a lot (more) money to spend only for Wenger to find it hard to find better players than he already had. Our CEO has done fine, it’s the football that we play on the pitch that bothers me and that is ALL on Wenger.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It's not even close to being the best run 'business' so to speak.

Look at what
- Hoarding cash;
- Shambolic treatment of player contracts;
- Laughable use of wage bill on sub par players

Has done to us. I mean we almost failed the PL short term cost controls because our wage bill had become so bloated :lol:

We held in excess of 200M GBP in the bank at one stage when 75M would have bought you Mesut Özil AND Gonzalo Higuain, now that's the fee for Virgil ****ing Van Djik :lol:

So yeah, we're an awfully run 'business'

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
It's not even close to being the best run 'business' so to speak.

Look at what
- Hoarding cash;
- Shambolic treatment of player contracts;
- Laughable use of wage bill on sub par players

Has done to us. I mean we almost failed the PL short term cost controls because our wage bill had become so bloated :lol:

We held in excess of 200M GBP in the bank at one stage when 75M would have bought you Mesut Özil AND Gonzalo Higuain, now that's the fee for Virgil ****ing Van Djik :lol:

So yeah, we're an awfully run 'business'
Goes to show what I know about business! The square root of **** all :lol:

Aren't we quite profitable from the owners pov though. That's mainly what I meant.

KROENKE SUCKS

Gazidis got us the Puma deal which made it possible to sign Mesut Özil and Alexis Sanchez only for Wenger to fail win the league against Leicester City and end up in the Europa League. Gazidis has pushed for a new director of football and got it done. Gazidis has always maintained that Arséne has a lot (more) money to spend only for Wenger to find it hard to find better players than he already had. Our CEO has done fine, it’s the football that we play on the pitch that bothers me and that is ALL on Wenger.

The Puma deal was outdated within two years. Yes it got us Özil and Sanchez but only because Wenger convinced Özil to turn down a superior deal from PSG. Gazidis also ****ed up the Schneiderlin and Kante deal, which would have allowed us to play Coquelin as a proper ball winning DM, failed to sign Mkhitaryan, Mahrez and Lemar, which is why we are forced play Iwobi as a starter in the 4-2-3-1, failed to sign Vardy and got us Perez instead, failed to get Khedira, only to lose him to Juventus on a free a year later preventing us from playing Ramsey and Khedira box to box, which was made worse by the breaking down Arteta, which was temporarily halted by Santi's switch to dlp, before he broke down which is why we lost to ****ing Leicester City in the first place (and we weren't the only club to fail to beat them by the way, people spending a lot more failed as well, so this shouldn't be used as a stick to beat Wenger, wonder what Wenger could do if he had the kind of money those other clubs did.

Hes also let the contracts of several of our major players run down, which is why we are in such disarray. Liverpool are in a strong position with Coutinho because they resigned him quickly while we've been negotiating with Özil and Sanchez forever. Yet we have tonnes in the bank, so we could be more adventurous with our wage and transfer negotiation. We just don't want to be. Im hoping its just Gazidis bean counting ways and that Sanellhi/Mislintat/Fahmy will change things. Glad we are sacking Law, it shows the club accepts that he hasn't done his job well.

Imagine what we would have got for Ox if he wasn't in the last year or what we potentially could have gotten for Sanchez? Imagine the players we could have gotten for that sum. Both Lemar and Mbappe atleast.

KROENKE SUCKS

Yeah, we make profit due to the TV deal and our huge ticket prices, not because we have some brilliant management

Depends how you look at it, some owners might like the fact that we aren't too adventurous with our transfer and wage budget while still being profitable and building up our cash reserves, they could easily get some cheap loans by using such a financially healthy asset as collateral to finance their other investments. Just saying.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom