• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Vs Manchester City Take 2 PL Sky 7 45 1/3/2018

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
No way could we have predicted Russian and oil money coming into PL when we decided to build the stadium, definitely changed the landscape of football and put us in a much more difficult position.. But it was the right decision at the time, and even with hindsight it's still the right decision.
The wrong decision was for Dein to be kicked out and Kronke be allowed to take over the club without a clear investment strategy and commitment.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
The difference is one team well drilled the other is not even bothered to defend that why city winning the title easily and we 6th embarrassingly 30 points behind
)m sure we are going to set a record this year.

wenger out, things have changed way too much in world football
a new brain, a one bold enough to really adapt to modern football without llosing our identity.

TheEconomist

Established Member
If City were much better than they were on Sunday, and the result was the same as Sunday, does that mean we also played much better ?

You guys need to stop being so negative and see the positives...

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The wrong decision was for Dein to be kicked out and Kronke be allowed to take over the club without a clear investment strategy and commitment.

Didn't Dein also facilitate bringing the Kroenke to the table in the first place? Remember I read something along the lines.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Didn't Dein also facilitate bringing the Kroenke to the table in the first place? Remember I read something along the lines.
You are right sir and you win the prize. But his idea was that Kronke should be one more shareholder, not a sole owner. He also brought Usmanov in.

OSBK

Established Member
No way could we have predicted Russian and oil money coming into PL when we decided to build the stadium, definitely changed the landscape of football and put us in a much more difficult position.. But it was the right decision at the time, and even with hindsight it's still the right decision.

Sorry pal but the money men were already snapping up teams. Abramovich bought chelsea in 2003 I believe and he paid 60million for the club. Veron moved for 28mill in 2001/ ferdinand 29mill 2002/rooney 25mill 2004/ then in europe 45mill for buffon. Cannot tell me they couldnt see money or big transfers coming.

These people at the top of arsenal should know how football is going to change, jose predicts whats going to happen so how hard can it be.

But you have a point, if a sheik buys us then we have a great stadium ready to go. Its just a shame the fans have had to sit through years or rubbish to pay for it.

The club has been poorly run and managed for some time now, how can teams get it so right and we get it so wrong.

c00lguy

Not sure what good Dein would've done.
We've spent a lot of money but a lot of it has been on the wrong players.

Besides that, there is a talented group of players (as well as an average group) who're clearly not playing for the manager.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Oil money ****ed Wenger and just about every Sp**s and Liverpool manager. In fact it's ruined the EPL.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

You're indeed right, at the time it was right thing to do and it still is. But the feeling of detachment persists nevertheless. At one point during the 2nd half I was staring blankly at my computer screen as black shirts passed the ball around in endless triangles, and I just saw a near empty stadium, the electronic hoardings advertising something in Mandarin and a 0-3 scoreline at home to Man City. It vaguely felt like a dystopian vision of the future Arsenal fans might have had 20 years ago.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Sorry pal but the money men were already snapping up teams. Abramovich bought chelsea in 2003 I believe and he paid 60million for the club. Veron moved for 28mill in 2001/ ferdinand 29mill 2002/rooney 25mill 2004/ then in europe 45mill for buffon. Cannot tell me they couldnt see money or big transfers coming..

The idea to build a new stadium started in 97, by 2000 we had already started working on the project, long before "the money men".

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Sorry pal but the money men were already snapping up teams. Abramovich bought chelsea in 2003 I believe and he paid 60million for the club. Veron moved for 28mill in 2001/ ferdinand 29mill 2002/rooney 25mill 2004/ then in europe 45mill for buffon. Cannot tell me they couldnt see money or big transfers coming.

These people at the top of arsenal should know how football is going to change, jose predicts whats going to happen so how hard can it be.

But you have a point, if a sheik buys us then we have a great stadium ready to go. Its just a shame the fans have had to sit through years or rubbish to pay for it.

The club has been poorly run and managed for some time now, how can teams get it so right and we get it so wrong.
Arsenal's decision to leave Highbury was taken in 1999. The idea of moving to a bigger stadium was precisely so we could compete financially. The big television money hadn't kicked in yet. Abramovich, the first billionaire owner, bought Chelsea as you point out, four years after the decision was taken.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
@blaze_of_glory loves that quote as well
well the thing is that we are not doing "the same" anymore, we no longer have a young and interesting team. We have a lot of grown up players going around, and correct me if Im wrong our model used to be very different.

I get that young talent is hard to find expensive and a big gamble, so we moved to a more "secure" way of constructing our sheet.

Nowadays we dont have a lot of young players around and from the ones that we do have you can only say that 1 player is really promising and you can be positve that he is going to have at least an interesting career , thats Bellerin.
Even Iwobi looks like a weird choice, i like him but you feel that you are missing something everytime you watch him, he he can connect and is good in tiny spaces but i mean, do i see brillance in him? no, not yet.

Something else has changed and it is our reclutance to bend a bit, to be flexible.
We have our way and our style but sooner or latter we would have to bend more and adapt to the players instead of the other way around.
Now we have a lot of players that are about fast movements and fast transitions, more modern players if you llike. This is just my opinion but we no longer have the sheet to play the way Arsène so strictly wants to play.
We can bend more, be more secure, more in your face, more pressing, have a more secure ajnd down to earth midfield. We can do much more than what we are doing.
that never happened before.

he has changed a lot, always trying to survive, and hats off to that, but its no longer working unfortunaly.

Reactions: A_G

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Not sure what good Dein would've done.
We've spent a lot of money but a lot of it has been on the wrong players.

Besides that, there is a talented group of players (as well as an average group) who're clearly not playing for the manager.
Dein was very good at organising transfers. He had a much better commercial brain than Gazidis. He got n well with Wenger to the point he could also tell him where to get off. For all I know he also has a cultured left foot.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Not sure why people are discussing Highbury. It's gone, we're at the Emirates, you can't turn back time.

c00lguy

Dein was very good at organising transfers. He had a much better commercial brain than Gazidis. He got n well with Wenger to the point he could also tell him where to get off. For all I know he also has a cultured left foot.

Probably. Doesn't excuse the fact that we spent over £70m on Xhaka and Mustafi. That's spending money on the wrong players, so it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom