• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Vs Manchester City Take 2 PL Sky 7 45 1/3/2018

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not necessarily, he did have a big influence on transfers when he was around. We'll never know.
In Dien time was different the market was not crazy as today in old market players like xhaka and mustafi would cost 10M maximum

OSBK

Established Member
Arsenal's decision to leave Highbury was taken in 1999. The idea of moving to a bigger stadium was precisely so we could compete financially. The big television money hadn't kicked in yet. Abramovich, the first billionaire owner, bought Chelsea as you point out, four years after the decision was taken.

That just highlights it even more how bad the board messed it up. A idea, move so we could compete financially but all over europe clubs are getting taken over and transfer fees are getting bigger and bigger. Go have a look at the transfer fees in 1999, veiri went for £38 mill so basically the cost of xhaka.

It all comes down to right now, this very second are Sp**s/liverpool/chelsea/man utd and city in a much better state as us? Thats my point, thats my arguement with not you but the club, kronke,wenger these people who are making the key decisions for our club. I would love to sit down and say this, liverpool didnt move yet they won the cl twice, they dont have sheiks funding them and they did alright.

Kronke/wenger out

c00lguy

How do we, as fans, get Kroenke and Wenger out?

This club is run like a capitalist business, as long as it's making money nothing will change.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Probably. Doesn't excuse the fact that we spent over £70m on Xhaka and Mustafi. That's spending money on the wrong players, so it doesn't matter.
It's that I don't see what difference Dein would've made. We'd still have spent £70m+ on Xhaka and Mustafi.
Tbh, I don't think we would have spent that money on those players. The fans craving for success has made us spend big but not well. Dein would have backed Wenger to buy a cheaper but more suitable type of player. He was a real football man and in many ways as important as Pat Rice.

c00lguy

Tbh, I don't think we would have spent that money on those players. The fans craving for success has made us spend big but not well. Dein would have backed Wenger to buy a cheaper but more suitable type of player. He was a real football man and in many ways as important as Pat Rice.

I guess we'll never know. It's all spilled beans now. Dein is 74.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

This club is run like a capitalist business, as long as it's making money nothing will change.
Wenger's time is coming to an end.

Hard to see how we get Kronke out without wishing ruin on the club.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

If we keep doing what we doing even we'll struggle to get a lot of money by not qualify in CL

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We had the same number of shots and the same number of shots on target. But a what a difference in quality.

Yeah aubameyang still isn't ready yet, neither is Mkho and Ramsey doesn't get sharp until at least 5 games , so we just look crap .

c00lguy

This must be the lowest we've sunk this season. I expect us to go on a winning streak now.
... Surely it can't get worse.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not sure if boycotting games is the right thing to do, even though it's a very useful and visible way to voice displeasure. Going to a game is about showing you support a club, not just the players, the manager or the board. You can't just stay away from the club when you're unhappy with it and then go back when it's better. In that scenario you're not a supporter.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Not sure if boycotting games is the right thing to do, even though it's a very useful and visible way to voice displeasure. Going to a game is about showing you support a club, not just the players, the manager or the board. You can't just stay away from the club when you're unhappy with it and then go back when it's better. In that scenario you're not a supporter.

Short term disruption in a crisis situation for the greater long term good.

c00lguy

I disagree. Fans know that change is needed. Boycotting en masse is a good way to get change enforced. The fans are what's supposed to make the club and those running the club need to be reminded of that.
I think it would be the opposite. It'd show how deeply the fans care about the club.
It's similar to a customer outcry for any company really. Except most companies listen and respond to the customers. Those running Arsenal choose to ignore the fans and we shouldn't let that stand.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

How was the game? Honestly

Really wasn't that bad , but I thought quality of passing from the back from Chambers and Kolasinac let the side down but aside from that we played well , execution at the forward end was ****e as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom