• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I would have read the whole line up if it wasnt for Auba on the left being the first name there!
Its in the tactical imagination, Puffin Boy! Auba-Depay-Dybala constantly swapping places trying to confuse the opposition and also our midfielders so we resort to our fullbacks to make crosses after a million backward passes.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Teams asking too much money for their players in January it's normal and during the Covid crisis it'll get worse also we not heavy spenders in Jan no matter where we are in table

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
just a standard Jan for us now... we never gave Emery money in contention for CL & same with Arteta fresh into the club

why change when stranded midtable with a pretty questionable manager
even during Wenger era we really didn't spend in Jan teams don't usually take risks in Jan and over spend unless the player is available want to leave and team not asking for crazy amount like Utd with Fernandes for example.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Ødegaard 6 month loan and buy GK and that will be considered good window. Ødegaard rarely been used and i'm sure he'll look to move even on loan. players like Buendia won't be happening this window we make a mistake to not buy him for 15-20M in summer now his price is doubled Salamon is pretty young and it's likely will happen in summer too. adding players like Isco or Eriksen on loan would be pretty useless may as well just use Willian as number 10 and save money because the performance won't be different.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
even during Wenger era we really didn't spend in Jan teams don't usually take risks in Jan and over spend unless the player is available want to leave and team not asking for crazy amount like Utd with Fernandes for example.

But isn't covid changing things a bit ?
Lyon will still be tight on money and probably sell for the same price as they would've in the summer, and I dont think they'd lower their price in the following one.

If Aouar isn't fuzzed about joining us now, he probably would neither in the summer and also leaves a question mark for us, whether he should be the target.

Buendia will probably be a similar price in the summer too + the worth he'd have to improve the outcome of our current season might be worth most of his fee anyways.

The big ones, like Grealish dont seem doable, anyways, no matter what.

I dont see that big guy coming in in the summer - dont even have another name on my lips.

D

Dial Square 1886

ALEXANDER ISAK IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!!!!!

Very interesting you should say this.

Was just wondering about this guy the other day.

I haven't seen him enough to really form an opinion, but little bits have made me take notice.

D

Dial Square 1886

Someone I mentioned previously. I believe he is the current top scorer in English football and one who would give us a presence in the box. He scores goals and just because he is in the championship doesn't mean that he isn't good enough for us.

In fact, it means that he almost certainly IS good enough for us :)

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

ALEXANDER ISAK IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!!!!!
Care to expand this line of thinking? He’d be a backup CF and cost more than we’d get from selling Nketiah. Think he has a higher ceiling for sure and is a more complete player but don’t really see it tbh and I’d love to have a countryman in the club

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Perfect. Id rather go after the main AM in the summer.

I'll stick by what I said previously. We will sign Dybala, Grealish or Sabitzer.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Care to expand this line of thinking? He’d be a backup CF and cost more than we’d get from selling Nketiah. Think he has a higher ceiling for sure and is a more complete player but don’t really see it tbh and I’d love to have a countryman in the club
He seems pretty well rounded in terms of technical ability, height, agility and overall game. He is at a very decent age with a lot of room to grow. We don't have a player like that and if he hits top form he'll be out of our league so before that happens we should get to him. The other thing is Auba is likely to be declining, Laca is on his way out, Nketiah is not it and we don't really have any hope of getting a really well rounded striker anytime soon. Also the market is absolutely dreadful in terms of strikers. Isak looks pretty much like the only player with possibly becoming a line leading striker for us with a lot of potential to work around.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Very interesting you should say this.

Was just wondering about this guy the other day.

I haven't seen him enough to really form an opinion, but little bits have made me take notice.
Yeah, he looks like the most attainable interesting option out there really. Such a horrible time to find worthwhile forwards.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Ep3RgEvWMAARqGJ

Hopefully he’s an Nketiah replacement in the summer rather than a Lacazette one. Lacazette has to be replaced with better quality imo.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

I'll stick by what I said previously. We will sign Dybala, Grealish or Sabitzer.
I can see Dybala landing at PSG with Poch unfortunately. Doubt we could afford Dybala or Grealish in reality.

Very much like the idea of Ødegaard though and he is attainable.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sabitzer isn't an attacking midfielder and Dybala is one of the most inconsistent players in the world (there's a reason Juve have tried to get rid of him for the past couple of summers).

Grealish is the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom