<

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by DanDare, Feb 3, 2020.

?

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

1. Partey

68.5%
  2. Aouar

31.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

Because people still remember him running us ragged.....in some pre season friendly a while ago.

Seems a shadow of the player he was before his injury.

2. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

We don't have enough depth at RW with only Pepe, Willian, Nelson and Saka capable of playing to a good level there.

His injury record is also attractive to the club, while there is a belief that Chelsea would be open to selling one of their biggest talents to a local rival at a marginal fee.

3. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

This is the most boring transfer window I can remember.

No sales, no purchases, no interesting rumours. What is there there? There's nothing there.

4. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

You're acting if nothing has happened :lol:

5. WhatAFC

WhatAFC Well-Known Member

Goal or assist every 90 mins in the league & CL 3 seasons ago.
    Goal or assist every 130 mins in the league & CL over the last 3 years, even with his injuries, being out of favour & basically hated in Madrid.

You do talk some rubbish.

roz and say yes like this.
  6. HairSprayGooners

3 seasons ago :lol::lol::lol:

Özil was brilliant 3 seasons ago, shall we give him a run out because he's world class?

7. WhatAFC

You literally said Bale’s been trash for 3 seasons, not me. Just calling out your trash posting.

Joker.

roz and say yes like this.
  8. HairSprayGooners

He has been trash because he has hardly played ffs and also been injured :lol: did you bump your head today?

9. MD3 Gunner

MD3 Gunner All Deals Off

Everyone saying we should not use the pandemic as an excuse because of Sp**s spending. You guys seem to forget Tottenham reported record high profits for between 2016 and 2019 and also earned lots of money by playing in the UCL final and not spent a single penny in 2018 while Arsenal in that entire period reported big losses. Tottenham, despite their spending this summer and loans from external sources, are in a much better position than us financially

10. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

They've got 800m + of debt ?
    We don't have that, we just have a 200m debt with Kroenke, no?

Wrighty4eva likes this.
  11. MD3 Gunner

MD3 Gunner All Deals Off

Then why aren’t activating Parteys RC ??

12. Dj_sds -

Dj_sds - Well-Known Member

Trying to negotiate more favourable conditions?

13. MD3 Gunner

MD3 Gunner All Deals Off

If it bites us back then we would not have any benefits

14. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Ahem summer of 2015 would beg to differ

MD3 Gunner likes this.
  15. Vibra

Vibra Well-Known Member

I was personally outraged so that's something interesting, right now we don't even have that

say yes likes this.
  16. WhatAFC

He’s had major problems with club politics, missed an average of 12 games a season through injury. Zidane doesn’t like him for whatever reason, that’s the big issue here. Not his quality.

The quality of your posts on the other hand, is an issue.

17. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Zidane and Madrid fans don't like Bale due to him producing poor peformances often and deemed not to be good enough.

British fan and media won't accept it though as hes a media darlin.

Artisan likes this.
  18. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

If we got Partey or Aouar or both it'll be the best window in quite a long freaking time. I'm just wondering if we got one of them, replaced Kola with a LB for the summer to wait till January for another midfielder I'd be ecstatic.

Ceballos-Xhaka-Partey/Aouar is a decent midfield to get by for a few months. We got Willock, ESR, Willian and Elneny for back up.

We've gotten two top end CB talents in which was as important as sorting out midfield.

mpower2540 likes this.
  19. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Hopefully ESR recovers from that injury soon, I'm really intrigued to see how involved Arteta wants him to be. So far we don't know if he's getting sent on loan, playing a bit-part role or being given serious minutes like Saka.

lufere7 and L3T5 PL4Y like this.
  20. mpower2540

mpower2540 Well-Known Member

Agree with this, tbh I just like that we’re seemingly going after the players that fix issues in the team. Previous windows I got the sense that there wasn’t much plan and if an opportunity arose for a talent we’d do it, otherwise we were happy to just stick with what we had.
    It’ll be dissatisfying if we miss out on them (I’m pretty confident we’ll get at least one of them in) but the team actually feels like it’s on the up. Been a while since I’ve thought that.

L3T5 PL4Y likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.