• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethie

RockyRocastle said:
Ive always thought I would never boo an Arsenal player whilst they are wearing the shirt, as it does the team no good at all.

But if, IF Cole stays at Arsenal I will certainly be making an exception, and with plenty of venom aswell.

even at the expense of distracting him and possibly costing us a match? and wouldn't that be a classic case of cutting your nose...

Jkreffer

Established Member
I cannot see how booing him will do any good. We don't have to sing his name anymore but surely booing can only make his performances worse. We don't have to like him but for the good of the team we have to support and encourage to get the best for Arsenal.

asajoseph

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
RockyRocastle said:
Ive always thought I would never boo an Arsenal player whilst they are wearing the shirt, as it does the team no good at all.

But if, IF Cole stays at Arsenal I will certainly be making an exception, and with plenty of venom aswell.

as a regular at highbury, and soon to be emirates, would you continue to boo the player for the rest of his career here? let's say, if only for the sake of the argument, he stays at arsenal for at least the next 2-3 years. will you still boo him? i'm just asking.

For me, it's hard to answer that question. After all, there's a lot that will have to happen for Cole to stay for another few seasons - he won't just slink off, disappear, and make no more noise for the next two years.

If he gets booed, it'll be interesting to see how he reacts, as well as the rest of the players.

asajoseph

Established Member
Jkreffer said:
I cannot see how booing him will do any good. We don't have to sing his name anymore but surely booing can only make his performances worse. We don't have to like him but for the good of the team we have to support and encourage to get the best for Arsenal.

It might make him realise more clearly what he's done though - which could then lead to an apology.

Who knows - it'll be interesting to see what happens if he ever runs out at the Emirates in an arsenal shirt.

Jkreffer

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Jkreffer said:

It might make him realise more clearly what he's done though - which could then lead to an apology.

Who knows - it'll be interesting to see what happens if he ever runs out at the Emirates in an arsenal shirt.

Maybe. To be honest though from what we know of his attitude through this whole scenario, he will probably see it as him being victimised again and fail to see what he has done.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
bethie said:
RockyRocastle said:

even at the expense of distracting him and possibly costing us a match? and wouldn't that be a classic case of cutting your nose...

second that, he should get the praise or the slag he deserves on the basis on his performance on the pitch. He has been a c*nt no doubt but there are probably some thngs other plaeyrs has done without our knowledge

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
asajoseph said:
kel varnsen said:
RockyRocastle said:

as a regular at highbury, and soon to be emirates, would you continue to boo the player for the rest of his career here? let's say, if only for the sake of the argument, he stays at arsenal for at least the next 2-3 years. will you still boo him? i'm just asking.

For me, it's hard to answer that question. After all, there's a lot that will have to happen for Cole to stay for another few seasons - he won't just slink off, disappear, and make no more noise for the next two years.

If he gets booed, it'll be interesting to see how he reacts, as well as the rest of the players.

i can acctually see the other players sticking by him agaisnt the fans. After all Henry and Cesc wanted him to stay and thwey msut want him to be settled and playing to his best

asajoseph

Established Member
Jkreffer said:
asajoseph said:
Jkreffer said:

Maybe. To be honest though from what we know of his attitude through this whole scenario, he will probably see it as him being victimised again and fail to see what he has done.

The little turd will probably try to take us all to court ;)

asajoseph

Established Member
YeahBee said:
asajoseph said:
kel varnsen said:
RockyRocastle said:

i can acctually see the other players sticking by him agaisnt the fans. After all Henry and Cesc wanted him to stay and thwey msut want him to be settled and playing to his best

That would be what I would expect - but even so, I can't imagine even he could be brass-necked enough to wonder why people had turned on him. The players will stick by him, but I reckon he'd make some kind of statement fairly quickly.

All speculation, of course.

cesc18

YeahBee said:
bethie said:
RockyRocastle said:

second that, he should get the praise or the slag he deserves on the basis on his performance on the pitch. He has been a c*nt no doubt but there are probably some thngs other plaeyrs has done without our knowledge

but i think it s going to be difficult for most fans to be that objective
though i would agree that booing him may not help anybody especially the rest of the team
not that i dont think he deserves to be boooed :twisted:

Jkreffer

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Jkreffer said:
asajoseph said:
Jkreffer said:

Or write a chapter in his book naming and shaming all the fans who publicly "hung him out to dry". :D

RockyRocastle

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
RockyRocastle said:

I wouldnt boo him for 2-3 years no, I wouldnt waste the energy.

I would do it the once, the next time he plays for us simply to let him know how I and 10,000 others feel and to release some of the hatred I have built up for him.

It may not be the best idea and may have a negative effect, but the **** deserves everything he gets and cannot expect to simply walk back into the team and everything be forgotten.

After that, and if he stays and I see him giving 100% for the cause I may slowly begin to forgive him - although I can never fully forgive him and will NEVER EVER cheer or sing his name again.

But I am still sure he will end up at the Russian circus in the next few days.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
kel varnsen said:
RockyRocastle said:

I wouldnt boo him for 2-3 years no, I wouldnt waste the energy.

I would do it the once, the next time he plays for us simply to let him know how I and 10,000 others feel and to release some of the hatred I have built up for him.

It may not be the best idea and may have a negative effect, but the c**t deserves everything he gets and cannot expect to simply walk back into the team and everything be forgotten.

After that, and if he stays and I see him giving 100% for the cause I may slowly begin to forgive him - although I can never fully forgive him and will NEVER EVER cheer or sing his name again.

But I am still sure he will end up at the Russian circus in the next few days.

Pretty much what I will do.

But likewise I still can't see him still being with us a few days after tonight's friendly.

bobbydazzler

if cole does stay i don't think any fans will boo him at the emirates. Wenger would let him rot in the reserves and sell him in january to madrid. Cole has got no chance of playing for arsenal again. He has been disloyal to the club and neither wenger nor DD will forgive him for that.

Ratinho

Established Member
Yeah, if Cole stays, it'll be for two years and a much larger signing on fee and wage in a couple of years time, and no money for us.

Wonderful.

He's made it clear he doesn't want to play fro us and money is the deciding factor. Yeah, i'd rather he did leave actually.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Jkreffer said:
asajoseph said:
Jkreffer said:
asajoseph said:
Jkreffer said:

Or write a chapter in his book naming and shaming all the fans who publicly "hung him out to dry". :D

Watch out rocky you may well be sued :wink: But as long as they can't give you the supina(have no idea how to spell this) So whenever someone ask you your name refuse to answer and run like Forrest Gump

karl

Judging by the reviews of his current book on amazon he might have to "write" a new one! Ha Ha.

bobbydazzler

karl said:
Judging by the reviews of his current book on amazon he might have to "write" a new one! Ha Ha.

good to here. The little git can write about how he and his new chelsea teamates and how they earn more then him. :lol:

Lukazan

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Jkreffer said:

I doubt it.

From this situation, and general snippets I've seen of Cole's off the pitch life style, he comes across as an incredibly arrogant bugger who wouldn't admit to being in the wrong or apologise even if it wasn't blatantly obvious that he was or should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom