• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamble

weelip said:
Oh and sever all ties with Barnett too.

He's definitely got to part with that turd of an agent if he's to continue with Arsenal.

I really think though that we should be looking to sell him on to make an example of him.

I know it's been discussed to death this summer but perhaps he can now wake up and realise that in fact it's Chelsea who are not all they're made up to be in this.

They're unwilling to pay £25m for the best LB in the world but are willing to spunk that money on players half as good who will sit on the bench. Who's really being hung out to dry Ash?

Reyes no.11

quattro said:
reyes' "value" has not been reduced. the "value" is what the seller and buyer will agree on and i doubt we are going to lower ours any time soon with that contract he just recently signed. if they want him bad enough they will come get him. all we need do is wait.

same with chelski. we do have the edge here. if they want him, come here and get him. as for us, we will buy someone with or without selling IF wenger has deemed a target viable. i dont think the question of incoming transfer is at all dependent on whether cole and reyes are sold. its a question of whether wenger wants to actually buy anybody.

yeah man, reyes just sign a long contract. so what? the whole team hates him. espeically adebayor and henry. you think he can stay and perform and keep team morale up after all his antics?

Reyes is smarter than you think. he did all this on purpose to force arsenals hand. he knows we can't afford to have both him and cole in the reserves.

Eezyprogress

Reyes no.11 said:
quattro said:
reyes' "value" has not been reduced. the "value" is what the seller and buyer will agree on and i doubt we are going to lower ours any time soon with that contract he just recently signed. if they want him bad enough they will come get him. all we need do is wait.

same with chelski. we do have the edge here. if they want him, come here and get him. as for us, we will buy someone with or without selling IF wenger has deemed a target viable. i dont think the question of incoming transfer is at all dependent on whether cole and reyes are sold. its a question of whether wenger wants to actually buy anybody.

yeah man, reyes just sign a long contract. so what? the whole team hates him. espeically adebayor and henry. you think he can stay and perform and keep team morale up after all his antics?

Reyes is smarter than you think. he did all this on purpose to force arsenals hand. he knows we can't afford to have both him and cole in the reserves.

Reyes no.11, Obviously a fan, (that's o.k) BUT

The whole team hates him ? - What is the basis of this?

Stay and perform - This is questionable as his level of performance has been inconsistent, whilst he has been here.

Smart? - That is not exactly rocket science.

My friend respect you as I do all Gooners, but sometimes if we thought before we spoke ...........

Can it be that you have overlooked the possibility that unless Real meet our valuation, he goes nowhere? Orr are you one of those that believe that Real are brassic?

Very old saying "always say no to someone who wants something, as pride alone will make them more determined to get it".

Do you think that Real can be seen to not be able to afford Reyes?

I hope that you have a new user-name ready!

Raghav89

Reyes no.11 said:
asajoseph said:
Reyes no.11 said:
Cole will definately go to Chelsea!!!!! it will happen on the last day of the transfer market. So arsenal can't use to the cash to buy any new reruits. By the time its christmas when arsenal can, chelsea would have won the league again by then. Why chelsea in such a hurry to bid 25 mill? they got till 30th august remember. and they know arsenal will accept that bid once they make it. so they have the upper hand here to toy with arsenal and try bluff them for 16 mill.

As for Reyes, adebayor told him to piss off back to spain. thats just knocked a couple of mill of his price. why are some arsenal players so dumb

More pertinently, one might ask why some Arsenal fans are so dumb?

dude, your the dumbass. why don't you think for once before you speak? how can reyes possibly stay at arsenal now if people in the squad are telling him to piss off? if reyes still has the backing of the squad, he would still play for arsenal. but now, even team members are telling him to piss off. So real madrid will bring that up and say now members of the team dont' even want him, so if you keep him, how can he still play with the team? cause arsenal are saying he still got 5 year contract. so we just gonna sit him in reserves? very nice

it's not smart to call a moderator a dumbass.

asajoseph

Established Member
Meh, I'm not going to ban anyone for disagreeing with me (tempting as it sometimes is ;) ).

Anyhow, Reyes no.11 missed a few rather obvious points (some of which EezyProgress has already been kind enough to clear up.

1 - What makes you think that Arsenal will sill be prepared to sell Cole on the last day of the transfer window? Why wold we land ourselves in so much trouble like that? For the sake of it? Arsène has effectively said as much, when he set Cole a deadline - of course I don't believe everything the guy says, or that that deadline matters much, but he obviously understands that £25million on the last day of the transfer window isn't much use other than to accrue interest.

2 - Secondly, what makes you think Adebayor has any impact at all on Reyes' transfer price? Negotiations will happen between the two clubs, not through the press (much as Real try). If they turn up tomorrow and lower their offer because of what Ade said in the press, Dein will simply tell them to piss off back to spain.

Reyes no.11

Eezyprogress [Trainee] wrote:

Reyes no.11, Obviously a fan, (that's o.k) BUT

dude, hes an arsenal player. of course im a fan. im a fan of every player. i only have his name because hes rubbish and i want him to do better.

The whole team hates him ? - What is the basis of this?

i got no basis on this, however im assuming with all his antics lately, hes lost alot of respect from team members. as adebayor has shown. its not secret henry doesn't mix with him. see henry in the press beggin him to stay like with Cole?

Stay and perform - This is questionable as his level of performance has been inconsistent, whilst he has been here.

dude, whats your qualifications for performance? he led assists, got 6 goals. did i say performance had to be of henry standard? im saying hows he meant to stay and perform to his own standards when hes done whats hes done.

Smart? - That is not exactly rocket science.

did i say he was a rocket scientist? what is dumb about what reyes is doing? he knows what he wants and hes doing what he needs to do.

My friend respect you as I do all Gooners, but sometimes if we thought before we spoke ...........

Really? i think your standard of thinking still not 'hard enough'

Can it be that you have overlooked the possibility that unless Real meet our valuation, he goes nowhere? Orr are you one of those that believe that Real are brassic?

Very old saying "always say no to someone who wants something, as pride alone will make them more determined to get it".

Do you think that Real can be seen to not be able to afford Reyes?

I hope that you have a new user-name ready![/quote]

i hope you get an education

Reyes no.11

asajoseph, so your trying to tell me that arsenal will not sell Cole for 25 mill on the last day of the transfer window and rather him rot in the reserves for 2 years?

remember, cole wasn't even in squad photograph. And you think it will just accrue interest? i actually think it will cut interest by paying off some of the stadium???

asajoseph

Established Member
asajoseph, so your trying to tell me that arsenal will not sell Cole for 25 mill on the last day of the transfer window and rather him rot in the reserves for 2 years?

That's distinctly possible. You'e already pointed out why it could be damaging for the club - I'm certain that Wenger and Dein understand the difficulties that it could cause, and yes, if it means that we don't have time to do anything with the money, it might well mean that we turn it down..

remember, cole wasn't even in squad photograph.

I do remember - Dein and Wenger might have some patching up to do, but I believe the players at least would probably welcome him back.

And you think it will just accrue interest? i actually think it will cut interest by paying off some of the stadium???

Depends on the terms of the loan, and any over-payments we're entitled to make.

Generally though, I believe that transfer funds and debt repayment cash is kept separate - but that's a matter for Arsenal's accountants.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I think Wenger might end up using this in the media war against Maureen-theho later, saying things along the lines of "we refuse to be bullied by the evil empire of football" The same goes for Reyes but I question his motivation to perform more then I uestion Cole's. He will still perform to our excpectations I reckon. He has a solid place for England to defend.

bethie

YeahBee said:
The same goes for Reyes but I question his motivation to perform more then I uestion Cole's. He will still perform to our excpectations I reckon. He has a solid place for England to defend.

And Reyes don't in the Spanish squad?

:lol:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
bethie said:
YeahBee said:
The same goes for Reyes but I question his motivation to perform more then I uestion Cole's. He will still perform to our excpectations I reckon. He has a solid place for England to defend.

And Reyes don't in the Spanish squad?

Reyes is not a starter for Spain and haven't been playing as long as Cole, infact one of Reyes reasons for changing teams is that he want one. Cole national team status wouldn't change if he moved to Chelski where he would be a starter aswell. Reyes has had problems with consistancy with us and sufferd in a foreign country and I feel that he would be great in Spain and therefor cementing his place in the national team. The funny thing is that he will probably play LM for both real and Spain. His workrate will be even more visable in real because he will use 99% of it attacking as to with us when he has to help out the defence, look at real latest offensive winger Figo he never tracked back

cesc18

YeahBee said:
Reyes is not a starter for Spain and haven't been playing as long as Cole
true and as much as i slag off cole if he ends up staying i think he will still play well and i dont think the same cant be said of reyes it will affect his game

bethie

YeahBee said:
Reyes is not a starter for Spain and haven't been playing as long as Cole

Right...
and you think he wants to play like **** knowing that Madrid will drop him as a potential target like the proverbial hot potato.

Dude, hated as they might be, give them some credit for being professionals. Dumb as both of them undoubtly are, they are NOT THAT DUMB.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Not by purpose, I don't slag him of like that but he hasn't got the strongest mind IMO and the presssure of his family, the real thing and probably other will affect him IMO.

Ps
I was busy cutting and pasting so that is why my arguments drags behind

kel varnsen

Established Member
i've changed my mind; i want cole to stay now. a month ago, or so, i would have wanted him gone, but now i don't think there is any time to sign a decent replacement and we need quality players more than money right now. same goes for reyes as well. unless there are top quality replacements joining us soon, i want both to stay. they might be a **** and a *****, respectively, but the club's succes on the pitch is what matters. keep them and see what happens, then take a new look at the situation again in january...

AGooner

I think we are missing the big picture with regard to the whole Ca$hley Cole affair. In my opinion, Ashley Cole is just a small fish in an ocean full of problems being caused by one man’s total disregard for the long term good of the game. That man is Roman Abramovich with his continued delusional, selfish, megalomaniacal approach to football.

Let’s look at Chelsea's business plan:
- Build a fan base in the USA and become the biggest football club in the World.
- Build an academy with more home-grown players
- Expand Stamford Bridge to 55,000 or find alternative site
- Break Even by the year 2009/10
- Reduce staff costs

And now consider their (reported) actual current situation:
- £140m loss (2006)
- Highest wage bill in the World for a football club (Shevchenko, Ballack, Terry, Lampard all on 100K plus a week, as well as the likes of Drogba, Essien, Joe Cole et al not far off). Other staff on inflated salaries i.e. Arneson (??), Mouriniho (£5m/yr) and Kenyon (£1.7/yr)
- 13,000 supporters at the Charity Shield.

The problem for the top football clubs is that their players will increasingly use Chelsea as a benchmark (or bargaining tool) to re-negociate their contracts. It has happened already with the likes of Liverpool having had no choice but to offer Gerrard a vastly improved contract to stop him from going to Chelsea. What happens if Sisoko becomes the next Patrick Vieira, he is going to say “I want the same money as Gerrard”, and so will their next best player and so on and so forth. Also, Ashley Cole eventually signed a contract extension for 10K a week more than he had originally asked for, following the Chelsea tapping up affair.

Now look at the players that leave Chelsea, (Duff, Crespo, Veron, etc)
the transfer fee involved would suggest that they retain their inflated wages.

The simple truth is that Chelsea are unlikely to break-even while RA is around. He has, in the last four years, invested in excess of £500m or an average of £125m a year in Chelsea. The scary thought, is that, considering he is reported to be worth £10bn, he can sit on his as* and earn £500m a year on bank deposit interest alone, so £125m a year is chump change for him, whereas for us in the real world it is an absolute fortune.

Abramovich and football is like “oil and water”

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Ive always thought I would never boo an Arsenal player whilst they are wearing the shirt, as it does the team no good at all.

But if, IF Cole stays at Arsenal I will certainly be making an exception, and with plenty of venom aswell.

kel varnsen

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Ive always thought I would never boo an Arsenal player whilst they are wearing the shirt, as it does the team no good at all.

But if, IF Cole stays at Arsenal I will certainly be making an exception, and with plenty of venom aswell.

as a regular at highbury, and soon to be emirates, would you continue to boo the player for the rest of his career here? let's say, if only for the sake of the argument, he stays at arsenal for at least the next 2-3 years. will you still boo him? i'm just asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom