• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dublingunner

Established Member
Yeah fair enough, good points. I guess he did keep up the saga by going through the courts mainly because he did feel it was unfair not to be allowed talk to other clubs, and yeah he had acted professionally up until the end of the WC.

But the main aim of the comments directed at Arsenal since then is to publicise his "auto"biography, which is çuntish to say the least. And now that he realises his dream may not come true he's trying to save face with this latest bullshiit.

I don't like that, I don't think it's professional.

sabret00the

Established Member
drthorne1 said:
"You Dont like Henry as a person" Any reason for that ?
the way he is on the pitch, i just can't stand his attitude when i watch him, even in post match interviews, the way he's such a control freak and how his idealology of football is the law at Arsenal.

More so which makes me dislike him is the way the fans and staff are in regards to him, giving him his own way, constantly hailing him the best in the world despite never in the past 10 years being considered so by his peers. the fact our system is built around him and he's such a selfish player, it just disgusts me.

And before anyone mentions his assist record to counter my selfish thing, please...don't. i watched an episode of Charmed once where everyone had to do something selfless and the first person that failed in the situation was the girl that jumped into the bit to save everyone else, because ultimately it was about how she was seen to make the sacrifice as opposed to the action of the sacrifice itself. It's like Henry, couldn't even get a ****ing clear shot on goal yesterday and when he was in front of goal never wanted to shoot and yet he took THREE ****ing free-kicks all of which went pair shaped, why not think to yourself, Robin's having a better match than me, he's good at these, i'll let him take the shot.

I would prefer him to be a Bergkamp type player, he worked to bring out the best in his peers where as Henry works for the memories and accolades, like we scored the best goal or i remember when i scored a goal after 90 passes, even i made this perfect pass when i could've scored and my buddy scored. how about just playing football and not making the assist you want or that brings the most praise but one your partner will want no matter how ugly the goal is?

Honestly i have enough Henry issues to fill a notepad, but i'll always cheer his Arsenal goals and wish him the best in an Arsenal shirt.

Y2k10000

I want cole to stay. Period.

We've already seen what happens without him.

Yea, Clichy is good but not good enough.

Let him say and do whatever he wants but if he is still here after Sep 1, he'd better start performing

Or Else....

sabret00the

Established Member
dublingunner said:
Yeah fair enough, good points. I guess he did keep up the saga by going through the courts mainly because he did feel it was unfair not to be allowed talk to other clubs, and yeah he had acted professionally up until the end of the WC.

But the main aim of the comments directed at Arsenal since then is to publicise his "auto"biography, which is çuntish to say the least. And now that he realises his dream may not come true he's trying to save face with this latest bullshiit.

What dreams that? he signed an agreement to write a book and allow it to be serialised in the paper, the reason being because a reporter from the Sun wrote the book for him or whatever title they choose to give the dude.

The fact he never came out and said he wanted to leave is what the fans fail to recognise. And while his reasons for speaking to Chelsea were lame, they were born in anger and that's plain as day. van Persie's last set of actions born in anger got him a yellow, it's the same sorta thing, cause and effect.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
The thing is that Cole is one of the few players we have got an insight into how they are as moral beings. There are probably some players who are absolute d*ckheads in private and towards other people, and if that interfears with how they play then we have got an issue. But Cole can still do a good if not great job.

If the other players don't have a problem with him then let him play. And Wenger don't won't him gone 100% then he would have taken a cheaper offer already

I am glad that more affairs like his tapping up hasn't surfaced because lets face it they occur more then we want to know. Even Arsenal are probably not on a moral highground tbh. Even thou in a legal grey zone we aproached cesc and Merida without Barca's consent. I read somewhere that one of the dutch kids got approached by our scout after a game aswell.

vanderguy

Sabret you are talking crap, henry is not a control freak,unlike you.Henry is the best striker in europe atleast for 4 seasons so stop taliking crap.

sabret00the

Established Member
vanderguy said:
Sabret you are talking crap, henry is not a control freak,unlike you.Henry is the best striker in europe atleast for 4 seasons so stop taliking crap.
Maybe, who knows, but it's based less speculation than all this Cole hate.

dos1986

Established Member
vanderguy said:
Cole has let the team down a big time,i hope not to see him in an arsenal shirt anymore :wink:

Exactly get rid of him as everbody can be replaced no matter how good they are at there job they can be replaced

gibson

people dont seem to grasp the fact that theres no point in playing a player who doesnt want to be at the club. how is that better than playing flamini at left back instead of hoyte?

if the rumours that he wants to stay are true has nobody asked himself why it said "for another season"? because chelsea wont cough up the cash and cole is getting scared that the move wont happen. so instead hes saying oh ill stay after all but ill feck off next season instead.

as i said in another thread im amazed that people think cole can have a future at arsenal

qs

Established Member
sabret00the said:
dublingunner said:

What dreams that? he signed an agreement to write a book and allow it to be serialised in the paper, the reason being because a reporter from the Sun wrote the book for him or whatever title they choose to give the dude.

The fact he never came out and said he wanted to leave is what the fans fail to recognise. And while his reasons for speaking to Chelsea were lame, they were born in anger and that's plain as day. van Persie's last set of actions born in anger got him a yellow, it's the same sorta thing, cause and effect.

You cant compare an instant expolsion of frustration on the pitch to conspiring to meat our main rivals unlawfully.

Cole wrote things about the club in his book that are disrespectful. He allowed them be published in the Sun in the middle of his transfer saga which is even worse.

You can spin it like a top all day long but how you can defend Cole and slate Henry on the same page is beyond me.

Jim/Green

Researchers have revealed that the size and shape of a person's lips determines their personality. Ashley Cole's large mouth and full lips suggest he is an expressive and emotional man with expensive tastes. Wayne Rooney's small mouth and thin lips show independence and a strong will. (Star)

:)

AGooner

sabret00the said:
drthorne1 said:
"You Dont like Henry as a person" Any reason for that ?
the way he is on the pitch, i just can't stand his attitude when i watch him, even in post match interviews, the way he's such a control freak and how his idealology of football is the law at Arsenal.

More so which makes me dislike him is the way the fans and staff are in regards to him, giving him his own way, constantly hailing him the best in the world despite never in the past 10 years being considered so by his peers. the fact our system is built around him and he's such a selfish player, it just disgusts me.

Where do you get this rubbish? Yeh sometimes Henry seems a bit arrogant, but that is what happens to someone who has been that good for such a long time. When he's match fit you won't be able to get away with those comments.

The simple truth is that Henry has been an absolute revelation for our club, I think at the same time he realises that Arsenal has been an absolute revelation for him too. The EPL just wouldn't be the same without him. Last season and the one before, there was a time where we were in danger of being a one man team.

Yeh, he earns a fortune but at the moment (in my opinion) he earns every penny.

henry79

I just have a feeling that cole wont leave,and we will be stuck with a distabilised player.Maybe that was chelsea's plan in the first place.

gallas wont come either they dont want to sell him and he can rot in the reserve for all they care and besides they have already bought belarouz as a replacement.

wenger said cole is not in his plans, if thats the case he should buy a replacement for him

awooga83

Established Member
If people can't see that the recent backtracking from Cole and an the comment to the fans etc is just Cole preparing the ground should the Chelsea deal not go through which looks more and more likely.

He has been out of order with the club and made no apology for it and the only reason he has tried to butter up some fans now is to ensure that should he stay it won't be as bad as it perhaps appeared to him it might be. Its all calculated moves and only makes me despise him more.

gibson

awooga83 said:
If people can't see that the recent backtracking from Cole and an the comment to the fans etc is just Cole preparing the ground should the Chelsea deal not go through which looks more and more likely.

He has been out of order with the club and made no apology for it and the only reason he has tried to butter up some fans now is to ensure that should he stay it won't be as bad as it perhaps appeared to him it might be. Its all calculated moves and only makes me despise him more.
qft

otfgoon

Established Member
sabret00the said:
dublingunner said:

So telling the club you want to leave is fine as long as you come out in public and lie about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom