<

Ashley Cole (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by beaney, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaz

shaz New Member

erm.. so i take it you havent kept upto date with the latest transfer news then?

2. Zico

Zico New Member Elite

Grampus, you're spot on. But your comments also lead us to another discussion. I suspect that the Cole saga could be responsible for the lack of new senior signings at Arsenal this summer apart from Rosicky. Once Cole is sold, Wenger will know that he needs at least a (combo) left back and any other spaces he identified before. If the possibility exists to squeeze Gallas or Bridge out of Chelsea then it would've been unwise to be buying Davies at 8 -10 million. Once Cole is gone, I think Wenger will spend only half of the Chelski money and save the other half for a January signing.

3. Meatwad

Meatwad New Member

Did Taiwo have a ridiculous growth spurt at 21 years old or something? How did he get from 5'10" to 6'3".

4. Grampus_Eight

Grampus_Eight New Member Trusted

No Quincy didn't get an award. Messi = golden ball. Mikel = silver ball. Taiwo = bronze ball. Quincy did probably deserve something though. For me, he was after Messi, the outstanding player of the tournament. But he certainly didn't get an award.

"The three best from Holland '05: Nigeria's Taye Taiwo, Argentina's Lio Messi and Nigeria's John Obi Mikel.
    (FIFA.com)"

Here's some photographic evidence in case you're still not convinced:

http://access.fifa.com/images/cms/fifa/messi_co.jpg

http://access.fifa.com/en/article/0,4151,116743,00.html

"In Utrecht on 2 July 2005, Messi's brilliance brought down a Nigerian outfit that was loaded with talent. Though the future of playmaker John Obi Mikel is still to be sorted, team-mate and left back Taye Taiwo has been excelling as a starter with club side Olympique Marseilles in France. In addition to wonderful defensive abilities and overwhelming brawn, his ability on set pieces and thunderous left foot have him a favourite with the sometimes-fickle Stade Velodrome faithful in the south of France."[/img]

5. Nickáó

Nickáó New Member

Hate to say this but it's about time Ash got on his bike. This whole episode is really pissing me off, and if he's gonna go then bloody get rid of him so I don't have to see all these crappy repetitive news stories .

6. dos1986

dos1986 New Member

He is NOT 6'3 but he is much more than the 5'10 which is quoted all over the net,to me he looks about 6,1 which is quite tall for a left back

7. kamikaze80

kamikaze80 New Member Elite

taiwo's very athletic, and not bad on the ball. i'd like him for the right price considering traore is 2 years away and clichy has lingering injury concerns.

8. AFCFan4Ever

AFCFan4Ever New Member

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... Fener+move

It looks like Roberto Carlos is going to Fenerbache....which would be PERFECT for us. The bidding war between Madrid and Chelsea will start and who knows what will get offered, hopefully RM offer up Baptista to us.

9. Goonergirl

Goonergirl New Member

That's great for us, instead of selling to Chelsea and strengthing them we could offer Cole to Real Madrid for hopefully a large sum.

10. Grampus_Eight

Good news indeed. While I think Cole will still head off to Chelski, this should take the transfer fee closer to the £25-30M range. Roman doesn't like to loose and he'll pay to win this one, especially after missing out on Zambrotta and Cannavaro.

A trip onto one of Abramovich's yachts, maybe the biggest one with the hidden submarine, will do a lot more for Cashley and Tweedy. Mourinho is waiting on him out in LA.

I don't think Capello will want to spend all that much on Cashley. I don't even know how highly he and the new regime rate Ash. Don't forget that Capello likes his own guys. And while Madrid might likely offer Baptista in a deal, I'm not sure I'd want the Beast unless he was re-converted to striker.

11. Grampus_Eight

12. Meatwad

Meatwad New Member

yeah I just went to OM's website and they list him at 6 feet.

http://www.om.net/index.php?pid=108001&lng=en

That looks about right especially with that pic that Grampus posted with him standing next to Messi and Obi.

And yes 6 feet is great size for a fullback.

13. Ziontrain

Ziontrain New Member

14. Grampus_Eight

Nice post. What paper is this from?

15. otfgoon

otfgoon New Member

News of the World.

16. gunnerturk

gunnerturk New Member

Some Turkish papers are writing similar articles about Roberto Carlos signing for Fenerbahce. However they quote Marca, hence smells big bullshit.

17. Marca are Real's mouthpiece.

If they are running with these stories about Carlos then they are most likely to be true.

It's only when they run stories about other teams players that you have to turn your bullshit detector on.

18. Sol man

Sol man New Member

It is only right that Chelsea pay an inflated amount as it was partly their fault that we are about to loose our left back.

19. bethie

bethie New Member

funny, i thought i heard that same sentiment few years back when we sold anelka and overmarcs.

the money given to us didn't exactly buy back what we lost. it GAVE us something else NEW altogether.

just thinking about what we CAN buy with those money makes me giddy. (esp. looking at Gramp8's likely signing with 20 million or more!)
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.