• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Real are definitely in the market for a left-back, now that Roberto Carlos is on his way. Capello must be really pissed off that he failed to sign Zambrotta. Other then Cole, I can't think of anyone else good enough for Real.

longrufus

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Real are definitely in the market for a left-back, now that Roberto Carlos is on his way. Capello must be really pissed off that he failed to sign Zambrotta. Other then Cole, I can't think of anyone else good enough for Real.

Exactly right, Real will definatly be bidding for Cole, but their involvement will not drive the price up in my opinion. To be honest i cant see them going much higher than the £16m mark, and will not go above £20m.

Their involvement will force Chelsea to pay up though, they can no longer try and push the price down, as they would risk losing the player to Real.

With Reyes apparently wanting to head to Real, we could have some serious money heading our way. I just hope Wenger puts it to good use, Ribery and M.Diarra preferably, and a CB(Meira).

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
IF Cole and Reyes both leave then I prey that Wenger already has some deals lined up. Fergie's had his finger on the trigger for a while and his transfer activity started the moment van Nistelrooy was sold. I hope Wenger does the same.

lagos

Established Member
just thought i'd add my two cents

I have seen john obi play in a number of games before the last ANC. he is AWESOME! he dominates the midfield area like an army general even at his age. It came as no surprise to me that chelsea and manu were fighting each other over him. I rate him with the likes of messi fabregas as the best young players in their positions in the world! I was dissapointed and jealous that we weren't in the bidding for him. considering that arsenal is probably Nigeria's second "national team" it would have been nice to see him in an Arsenal shirt.

If you've seen him play you'll know his performance at the ANC was by his standards average (yet he still won the silver ball), but i put that down to the fact that he wasn't match fit because while the contract dispute was going on fifa decreed that he wasn't allowed to play foy lynn oslo so he had been out of action for quite a while. i say this because there have been a number of comments about him being unproven

Think PV4 in his hey days. if only the arsenal had gotten him!

Taye taiwo is a different story, going forward he is very good, powerful shot, electric pace etc. but at times (actually too often) he forgets he's a defender, but I suppose he can only improve but still he would be a good and relatively cheap buy

lagos

Established Member
by the way little known fact: his real name is john Michael obi. the bungling idiots at the nigerian FA made an error on his fifa registration and he came to be known as john Obi Mikel

thegame24

Established Member
id rather we sold cole to chelsea cause that way we can get 30 million
if we sell to any othre club the price is 16 million

Savaloisav

Chelsea wont pay 30 million for Cole. Paying that for a full back is rediculous and they are not THAT desperate. Im hoping some cash and a swap Deal for Gallas

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Why would Gallas be involved in a swap deal, firstly if he had wanted to join us and we would have wanted him we would have bought out his contract. Secondly he wants to move away from Chelski because he doesn't want to play LB

Buhry

Established Member

lagosgooner said:
just thought i'd add my two cents

I have seen john obi play in a number of games before the last ANC. he is AWESOME! he dominates the midfield area like an army general even at his age. It came as no surprise to me that chelsea and manu were fighting each other over him. I rate him with the likes of messi fabregas as the best young players in their positions in the world! I was dissapointed and jealous that we weren't in the bidding for him. considering that arsenal is probably Nigeria's second "national team" it would have been nice to see him in an Arsenal shirt.

If you've seen him play you'll know his performance at the ANC was by his standards average (yet he still won the silver ball), but i put that down to the fact that he wasn't match fit because while the contract dispute was going on fifa decreed that he wasn't allowed to play foy lynn oslo so he had been out of action for quite a while. i say this because there have been a number of comments about him being unproven

Think PV4 in his hey days. if only the arsenal had gotten him!

Taye taiwo is a different story, going forward he is very good, powerful shot, electric pace etc. but at times (actually too often) he forgets he's a defender, but I suppose he can only improve but still he would be a good and relatively cheap buy

Just wondering.. When did you see him play before the african nations cup? Surely it must have been the youth world cup? because he didn't exactly set the world on fire while playing for lyn..

Meatwad

Real price: 16-20 mil
Chelsea price: 25-30 mil

I actually want him to go to Chelsea because Moaninho will stifle him. Real would probably allow him to play similar to Arsenal. It would also be extra sweet if he's a failure in the same city. Finally, it would bother me more if Real knocked us out of the Champions League with him than if he won the league with Chelsea (something they've done without him).

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
lagosgooner said:
by the way little known fact: his real name is john Michael obi. the bungling idiots at the nigerian FA made an error on his fifa registration and he came to be known as john Obi Mikel

D'Oh!

Here's one back at you. When Sulzeer Cambell signed on for the spuds as a kid he was known as 'Sul' but the guy filling the form got it wrong and put Sol. Apparently his mother wasn't best pleased.

qs

Established Member
Meatwad said:
Real price: 16-20 mil
Chelsea price: 25-30 mil

I actually want him to go to Chelsea because Moaninho will stifle him. Real would probably allow him to play similar to Arsenal. It would also be extra sweet if he's a failure in the same city. Finally, it would bother me more if Real knocked us out of the Champions League with him than if he won the league with Chelsea (something they've done without him).

Id rather he didnt go to Chelsea because theyre pretty much gaurateed to win the league where as Real will have a hard time if theyre to win

longrufus

Established Member
asajoseph said:
16 million to Real includes the added bonus of Cole not playing for our league rivals, on the other hand...

Indeed...

However it also means he wont be playing against us, when we can give him abuse. I wouldnt go as far as the barca fans, one threw a pigs head at Figo....

...Maybe something smaller, like a rats head :lol:

Grampus_Eight

longrufus said:
asajoseph said:
16 million to Real includes the added bonus of Cole not playing for our league rivals, on the other hand...

Indeed...

However it also means he wont be playing against us, when we can give him abuse. I wouldnt go as far as the barca fans, one threw a pigs head at Figo....

...Maybe something smaller, like a rats head :lol:

Hah! Unfortunately, I have the feeling it may be mobile phones though. That would be very low class and dangerous though. For his own safety, I hope it's limited to Top-Up cards. That might be too dangerous as well; have you ever seen people who throw cards as weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom