Barcelona vs Arsenal | August 4th | KO: 19:00 BST | Joan Gamper Trophy

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Aug 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Martinelli Ceballos and Guendouzi at 2nd half needed

Taylor Gang Gunners likes this.
  2. Jackie_Treehorn

Jackie_Treehorn Well-Known Member

Not a bad first half at all. Great assist from Mesut and clinical finish from Auba.

The young guys look good, aside from poor Willock being fooled by Rakitic. I think Nelson’s making his case for some real playing time on the left side of the attack. Proud of AMN learning every game while being played out of position.

Divided_Pie and Iceman10 like this.
  3. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Mesut already equalling his assist record from last season and we haven't even started yet. :drool::drool:

4. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Same old problem with Xhaka, he does well when he has time to pick a pass, but messes up constantly under pressure.

5. TheIceman85

TheIceman85 Well-Known Member

Agree on Miki. Looks like we need someone who can receive the ball from deep, turn and drive into the space. Hopefully Pepe will bring that. Miki can only turn and look for a pass which isn’t always on.

Geofranco likes this.
  6. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Something that you really have to give Emery credit for, for all his other controverse decisions, is that he showed with Guen that he isn't afraid or reluctant to play a kid, if he sees something special with him. Let's hope Willock has become this season's Guendouzi for Emery.

7. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Chambers probably has half the no. of mistakes per game as Mustafi. Not ideal but still better than nothing. If we can't get a CB, Chambers has to be the one playing ahead of him till Holding comes back

8. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

Yeah Ok....Özil and Mhki starting together.

9. yousif_arsenal

Anything less than 20 assists playing with pepe laca auba should be unacceptable

Jackie_Treehorn likes this.
  10. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

Mkhitaryan and Xhaka holding this team back from reaching another level.

Not surprised by both of their performances. Need to bin both.

North5 likes this.
  11. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

Mkhitaryan and Xhaka have been nothing but liabilities the first half you would think they were the youth players.

12. yousif_arsenal

Özil can start he still have the quality mkhi won't be starting anynore with pepe is here

13. Divided_Pie

Divided_Pie Well-Known Member

The good news is that Pepe will replace Mkhi, and hopefully Nelson will be above him as well.

The bad news is that Emery will persist with Xhaka as his captain and first name on the team sheet until it gets him fired.

Xhaka slows down our attack, so many wasted runs and aborted counters. Sure, he keeps the ball moving and executes within the framework, but usually this leads to nothing other than maybe a gift turnover to the opposition. Then without the ball Xhaka cannot cover any space at all, he ball watches instead of tracking runners, and he offers the 1v1 defense of a traffic cone.

14. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

We don't trade in the UK. We say swap.

If Leno is going to be the POTY for us, I think that will be a bad sign. We have too much bloody great attacking talent for our Goal Keeper to be player of the season.

15. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Haven’t seen anything from Allison that suggests he’s even worth 70M.

He just seems a good well rounded keeper that’s good on the ball. Think our boy Leno is up there with the best of em.

OnlyOne likes this.
  16. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

I'm in love with that first half from Willock. We actually look like we have a physical presence in midfield who can do both sides of the game just as well.

Barca should've given Paco Alcacer more game time instead of shelling out for Griezmann.

17. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Good point, Griezmann looks a rubbish, bad first touch and all.

18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Willock > Guendouzi

Geofranco likes this.
  19. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

I’d love to see Torreira for Xhaka and Martinelli for Mkhitaryan.

Reiss Auba Mart​

Needed

20. Geofranco

Geofranco Well-Known Member

I think Nelson has played pretty well besides that poor back pass. He is really working hard defensively and has shown he has the technical ability required for this level. The other things will come with time. Just be patient with him, he is still only 19.

MutableEarth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.