• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin Sesko

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
You know who was managing Arsenal back then. The said players former manager who was not only the greatest manager of this club, but actually proven manager when it comes to developing youngsters

Wenger was proven in terms of developing young players at the top level in 1999? Nah.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
If it's 40m, it's worth gambling on it. There is literally no one out there, and I can stand Edi anymore

Sulosky

This is something I need to see happen. Last time I wanted transfer to happen this much was when we tried to get Ryan Babel (thank god we missed that bullet).

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Anelka as well was pre 99. Incredible comment.

If Wenger gets credit for Anelka and Weah then surely Arteta gets credit for developing Martinelli and Saka? Both players upped their end product massively under Arteta. Ødegaard too.

Not sure how you can have one of the youngest teams in the world and still label a manager as unable of nurturing talent, feels like an oxymoron.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
You showing your lack of football knowledge once again. You ever heard of George Weah
People act like Wenger was a nobody, he won league in France without the money of his biggest rivals. Wenger won Ligue 1 in a super competitive time for that league when Marseille was lifting the European cup in that period. It is insane because the British media didn’t know when him when he was hired doesn’t mean he didn’t make his mark

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
People act like Wenger was a nobody, he won league in France without the money of his biggest rivals. Wenger won Ligue 1 in a super competitive time for that league when Marseille was lifting the European cup in that period. It is insane because the British media didn’t know when him when he was hired doesn’t mean he didn’t make his mark

No idea if this was aimed at me but Wenger is literally one of the GOATs and absolutely dwarfs Arteta, not sure if I somehow indicated anything else. Only point was this narrative that young players simply go to die under Arteta is weird considering the development of Martinelli, Saka, Ødegaard and others.

It's not like Wenger made everyone a success, the amount of hyped prospects on here that turned out to become nothing is endless. That isn't an attack on Wenger, it's just football. But I remember when people hyped up Aneke, Afobe, Lansbury and others, and Wenger didn't get attacked for "killing them" like Arteta does with seemingly every prospect not breaking through currently.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I cant say I know much about this Sesko guy, but there seems to be a bit of an over reaction in here that the guy isnt a starter.

RB only signed Sesko this summer, they spent a bomb on Openda and have Werner who to be fair, is a consistent baller for RB.

Sesko is 20yrs old, fresh to Leipzig, 13 games played and 6 goals so far. I'm not saying we should go out and sign him, but he seems to doing well when you break it down.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
No idea if this was aimed at me but Wenger is literally one of the GOATs and absolutely dwarfs Arteta, not sure if I somehow indicated anything else. Only point was this narrative that young players simply go to die under Arteta is weird considering the development of Martinelli, Saka, Ødegaard and others.

It's not like Wenger made everyone a success, the amount of hyped prospects on here that turned out to become nothing is endless. That isn't an attack on Wenger, it's just football. But I remember when people hyped up Aneke, Afobe, Lansbury and others, and Wenger didn't get attacked for "killing them" like Arteta does with seemingly every prospect not breaking through currently.

No where do i say Wenger made everyone a success or his entire reign was perfect. You create these caricatures of me and my positions. He had his chamakhs and his Senderoses but the difference was they were even adjusted for inflation mostly not entirely cheap flops in 20 years. He was rolling the dice, by nature young prospects are hit and miss.

The problem with Mik is he can’t rate players. Everyone makes mistakes but he is terrible at it. Look he ignored every piece of data and track record of Kai to make this deal on some gut emotional impulse. He has a frightening track record of even badly rating his own players which is worse

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I cant say I know much about this Sesko guy, but there seems to be a bit of an over reaction in here that the guy isnt a starter.

RB only signed Sesko this summer, they spent a bomb on Openda and have Werner who to be fair, is a consistent baller for RB.

Sesko is 20yrs old, fresh to Leipzig, 13 games played and 6 goals so far. I'm not saying we should go out and sign him, but he seems to doing well when you break it down.

He's been doing very well whenever he's played from what I can gather, yeah. His goal contributions per 90 are very good and he's producing consistently for his national team as well.

All very good at just 20 years old.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
No where do a say Wenger made everyone a success or his entire reign was perfect. You create these caricatures of me and my positions. He had his Chamakh’s but the difference was they were even adjusted for inflation mostly not entirely cheap flops in 20 years. He was rolling the dice, by nature young prospects are hit and miss.

I didn't say you did, Rasmi initially said he didn't want Sesko because he couldn't even start for RBL, and I just pointed out your greatest ever player couldn't get into the starting XI before joining Arsenal either.

The point was both are very young players and not getting into a starting XI isn't necessarily a clear indicator of the player's talent, but rather the circumstances they find themselves in.

I only brought up Wenger because Rasmi did, that's all. Wasn't aimed at you, and I didn't mean to put words in your mouth.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is a big talent for sure. But just like Hojlund I think a huge move is a bit too early for him. I feel the same way about Ferguson another big talent that people in here were saying spend big on him. Let these kids get more experience in a stable environment before moving to huge clubs

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If Wenger gets credit for Anelka and Weah then surely Arteta gets credit for developing Martinelli and Saka? Both players upped their end product massively under Arteta. Ødegaard too.

Not sure how you can have one of the youngest teams in the world and still label a manager as unable of nurturing talent, feels like an oxymoron.

I haven't mentioned anything about Arteta here. Just found someone claiming Wenger couldn't nurture talent pre 99 as an unbelievable comment. Vieira, there's another one.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
He is a big talent for sure. But just like Hojlund I think a huge move is a bit too early for him. I feel the same way about Ferguson another big talent that people in here were saying spend big on him. Let these kids get more experience in a stable environment before moving to huge clubs

£40m isn't big though? Your point would be fair if we're talking Højlund money but £40m for a player of Sesko's talent is worth a gamble, especially in a market where strikers are borderline non-existent.

Think of it this way, would you rather have Toney for £65m or gamble for something potentially much greater with Sesko at £40m? I think both answers are valid, but I personally would be much more excited in the upside of Sesko rather than the guaranteed above-averageness of Toney.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

I will save you the trouble mate.

Everything good that happens with any recent Arsenal players, happens in spite of Farteta...while everything bad at the club is directly because of him.

Just like how Mikel won his only trophy here with Energy's squad ( even though Unai never wanted any of the players we signed, it was all Raul 😅 ) so it doesn't count 👍

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I haven't mentioned anything about Arteta here. Just found someone claiming Wenger couldn't nurture talent pre 99 as an unbelievable comment. Vieira, there's another one.

I didn't say that :lol: I said his justified famous track record of doing it wasn't exactly as established in 1999 as it ended up becoming later on. Those early Wenger teams had very experienced cores and were somewhat old.

There's a big difference between saying he could not and that he hadn't shown it to the extent we now know him for. Couldn't implies he tried and failed, which obviously wasn't the case and wasn't my point at all. It was simply a reply to Rasmi who once again was pessimistic as **** and very likely would've said "lol cant get into the Juve team" about Henry in 1999 if he was around, as he just did with Sesko.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

£40m isn't big though? Your point would be fair if we're talking Højlund money but £40m for a player of Sesko's talent is worth a gamble, especially in a market where strikers are borderline non-existent.

Think of it this way, would you rather have Toney for £65m or gamble for something potentially much greater with Sesko at £40m? I think both answers are valid, but I personally would be much more excited in the upside of Sesko rather than the guaranteed above-averageness of Toney.
I would not spend 65 million on Toney. But where is the 40 million pound coming from for Sesko? But even if it’s 40 million I honestly don’t think we can afford it unless we sell. The squad is bloated and we need to sell players. I actually like the players profile though. In the end it’s not much of a story and don’t think he would be available in January

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom