• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin Sesko

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Sure looks like it to me. Incredible.

Literally said he wasn't proven, as in, the body of work in doing so wasn't there. How is that incorrect? Not being proven isn't the same as not being able to. He was so early in his Arsenal career that he simply hadn't had the time to do it.

Genuinely don't see how that equates to me saying he couldn't do it. All I'm saying is time hadn't allowed his ability in that area to show itself truly yet. It's literally a compliment to his ability as he's maybe the best ever to nurture young talent to success, but at that specific time we're talking about a body of work consisting of like 2-3 players at the top level.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I would not spend 65 million on Toney. But where is the 40 million pound coming from for Sesko? But even if it’s 40 million I honestly don’t think we can afford it unless we sell. The squad is bloated and we need to sell players. I actually like the players profile though. In the end it’s not much of a story and don’t think he would be available in January

The £40m is the quoted valuation from RBL original post.

I'd probably offload Nelson which could easily generate £25m or so given his age, nationality etc.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Saka and Martinelli were promising youngsters when Mikel took over in 2020, but nothing more...Gabby could easily have gone to the way of a Vela and not really made it despite his talent, while Saka was being debated as maybe better at fullback at that point...neither even had a full season in our first team before Arteta arrived ffs 😅

Of course Mikel has had an impact on them, he can also throw aside players a bit too quickly I am happy to admit that...but he has also proven (that when he likes a player) he can add to their game.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Literally said he wasn't proven, as in, the body of work in doing so wasn't there. How is that incorrect? Not being proven isn't the same as not being able to. He was so early in his Arsenal career that he simply hadn't had the time to do it.

Genuinely don't see how that equates to me saying he couldn't do it. All I'm saying is time hadn't allowed his ability in that area to show itself truly yet. It's literally a compliment to his ability as he's maybe the best ever to nurture young talent to success, but at that specific time we're talking about a body of work consisting of like 2-3 players at the top level.
Djorkaef, Petit, Thuram have you heard of these players? I really don’t think you are aware of Wengers work at Monaco and how he was actually known for developing young players and cheated out of league titles

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Djorkaef, Petit, Thuram have you heard of these players? I really don’t think you are aware of Wengers work at Monaco and how he was actually known for developing young players and cheated out of league titles

All part of France's first world cup winning squad too. It really was a baffling statement.

Black Noir

I cant say I know much about this Sesko guy, but there seems to be a bit of an over reaction in here that the guy isnt a starter.

RB only signed Sesko this summer, they spent a bomb on Openda and have Werner who to be fair, is a consistent baller for RB.

Sesko is 20yrs old, fresh to Leipzig, 13 games played and 6 goals so far. I'm not saying we should go out and sign him, but he seems to doing well when you break it down.
Openda has been fantastic. But you also have guys like Olmo , Simons. Who have a really good scoring record this season.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

So when you say Arteta can't nurture talent, we just completely ignore Saka, Martinelli, Ødegaard, Saliba and Gabriel etc?

I mean Wenger didn’t wake up one morning in 2000 with the sudden ability to develop talent. He got more out of players, young or older, that’s always been his strongest ability.

I didn't say he did, I'm genuinely only talking about time to build a body of work here. Literally stated Wenger is probably the best ever to nurture talent to success. I wouldn't have brought up Wenger if Rasmi didn't do it because I know how volatile it becomes on here (understandibly so) when he gets mentioned.

My point is being a doomer and saying young players don't develop under Arteta as a reason not to sign Sesko is just asinine when you pushed City in a title race last season with the youngest squad in the league and your current best players all developed under his tutorship except for Rice.

Arteta's record with young players is quite decent. Not being as good as Wenger's record isn't a bad thing given Wenger's unreal history of nurturing prospects to long term success, but considering how early Arteta is in his career, the record is objectively quite good so far.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Lol @Dokaka in his haste to big up Arteta has said something sacrilegious about the goat Wengz tut tut.

I think there’s value in recruiting an older head upfront anyways, all these Jackson’s and Holjunds aren’t doing enough for the big clubs they are at and this isn’t another modern trend Arteta needs to follow with Sesko.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Lol @Dokaka in his haste to big up Arteta has said something sacrilegious about the goat Wengz tut tut.
I swear I make this mistake at least once or twice per year and it always results in the same avalanche of abject rage that I somewhat understand but hate myself for inviting in the first place :lol:

Reckon I'll just make a rule from now on to not respond to anything Wenger related no matter the context. People just hyper-focus on the slightest hint of negativity towards him and all else falls to the wayside, which is fair given the immense love and appreciation for the man but obviously not something I can really fully understand, much less rationally argue with.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I swear I make this mistake at least once or twice per year and it always results in the same avalanche of abject rage that I somewhat understand but hate myself for inviting in the first place :lol:

Reckon I'll just make a rule from now on to not respond to anything Wenger related no matter the context. People just hyper-focus on the slightest hint of negativity towards him and all else falls to the wayside, which is fair given the immense love and appreciation for the man but obviously not something I can really fully understand, much less rationally argue with.

It would be easier to just admit you where talking bollocks, no need for all the other drivel.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
big-trouble-if-i-speak.gif

Let's play Aubamawang

Come on, guys. I know @Dokaka got his Wenger history wrong, but we do need to remember that he's not a fellow Gooner so it's unlikely he knows much about his time in France. If we hound him off the forum, we're no better than the jobless simpletons over on RedDecaf, BlueMoney or Fightingcocksuckers.

Bloodbather

Established Member

You're always going to get negative responses if you don't have the facts straight, mate. The backlash you received isn't really an emotional one, people just spotted that you're not that knowledgeable about Wenger's entire history as a manager because of the post below, which you can't get away with on an Arsenal forum:

Wenger was proven in terms of developing young players at the top level in 1999? Nah.

Nobody who is familiar with Wenger's work at Monaco and his early work at Arsenal would make this claim. It's as simple as that. The guy got hired to be Arsenal manager mainly on the back of his success with young players at Monaco in the first place.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Šeško would be a good signing btw, him not being super proven yet actually makes him a more viable transfer, otherwise you wouldn't be able to get him to agree to being a rotational player initially. It's still difficult though, he might just favor making a name for himself at Leipzig first and then moving to a bigger club as a surefire starter a la Haaland.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Nobody who is familiar with Wenger's work at Monaco and his early work at Arsenal would make this claim. It's as simple as that. The guy got hired to be Arsenal manager mainly on the back of his success with young players at Monaco in the first place.

I don't want to keep this going for the reasons I mentioned but the main thing here is that I simply don't consider Monaco "the top level", which is why I have this opinion. Whether that's right or wrong is another debate but I just wanted to point out that I'm aware of his history there, but when I said top level I specifically meant at the biggest clubs in the world.

As I said, his record in this area is unrivaled and at no point have I disagreed with his ability in that area, just on the timing of when it became an established quality - again - at the top level. Probably on me for not clarifying what I meant by top level because his work at Monaco obviously qualifies if you consider it top level yourself. Whether it is or isn't the top level is a debate probably not worth having in a Sesko thread.

Bit of a weird turn this took anyway as my point really wasn't meant to bash Wenger in any way but it was clearly perceived that way despite of it, so let's just close it here as we seemingly all agree on Wenger's ability in said area.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Šeško would be a good signing btw, him not being super proven yet actually makes him a more viable transfer, otherwise you wouldn't be able to get him to agree to being a rotational player initially. It's still difficult though, he might just favor making a name for himself at Leipzig first and then moving to a bigger club as a surefire starter a la Haaland.

That seems to be the situation with the current forward market. You need to get in early or face paying a fortune later down the line and have to compete with other clubs.

I'm of the opinion that €40mil really isnt that much these days in football so dont see it as that much of a risk.

However, I imagine the player would have to seriously push this forward though, I cant see why RB Leipzig would be willing to sell this early after his arrival and for just 40mil. He looks like one RB should be building to then sell further down the line for a lot more.

Diesel

Dont worry in 20 years u will feel the same way about Moyes.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom