• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin Sesko

SupersoakerArsene

Would loved if Arsenal bought him from Salzburg, but they didn't... Salzburg got a lot of potential players like Gourna (CDM), Gloukh (AM), but also guys like Solet, Kjaergaard, Konaté, & Sucic...

Think Sesko is a great option, but way to expensive. Doesn't play that much with two fast strikers like Werner & Openda in front of him...

Sell Nketiah. Get Sesko & a quick striker in like David.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Probably a decent option to replace Nketiah with if we can get a decent amount for him and make a -10m net loss on the switch at most. Really don’t think he’d be an upgrade, but he does have talent and time on his side.

Our issue isn’t primarily a personnel one.

Edit: Well, it is actually a personnel one, but not personnel as in players

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Probably a decent option to replace Nketiah with if we can get a decent amount for him and make a -10m net loss on the switch at most. Really don’t think he’d be an upgrade, but he does have talent and time on his side.

Our issue isn’t primarily a personnel one.

Edit: Well, it is actually a personnel one, but not personnel as in players

Agree with this, can get a clear upgrade for a similar price like the Mexican Harry Kane.

AeNwT

I’ve followed Sesko for around a season & feel I have a little bit of knowledge that could maybe help paint a picture of his prospects.

I’ve created a football database & posted on here accurately, previously when we were linked with Alexander Isaak.

In simple terms he’s a Complete forward in the making & an analytics dream. Height, speed, Ambipedal, physical, technique, flair (hate this term), confident, creative. All attributes he possesses.

Believe he’s won three league titles, couple as a starting Striker, albeit in Austria. Along with a couple cup competitions which is outstanding for a youngster. 85 Goals & Assists in 152 appearances, including subs. I’m intrigued by his assist numbers. He could operate as a false 9, learning

He wasn’t in Austria but he looks like he could become clinical. Obviously he’s young & lacks experience.

He was previously wanted by United & for good reason. In the right environment & system, his potential is sky high (which we possess). This is why he turned them down for RB Leipzig. 21 next May.

His hold up play would help alleviate pressure (potential injuries) & attention on Saka whilst allowing Martinelli to play like the natural Winger / Scorer that he is.

To simplify this, Imagine the options you’d have with a 6’4 Gabi Jesus. More pace & room to develop in the finishing department. I’d love to see him press alongside Ødegaard, whilst learning from everyone & especially Mikel. As others have mentioned Mikel is good at developing youngsters.

To put it into context out of Sesko, Toney, Ferguson, Haaland, Hojlund, Osimhen & Vlahovic. If given the option I’d take Sesko as he in due time he will be able to provide everything each of these players do & fit into an ever developing team.

Maybe we see him in the Summer but him not starting at this point isn’t a problem. It’s literally why he went to Leipzig so he can develop away from the big stage. I think maybe 60M would do it.

Also him not starting is the point of him going to Leipzig. I could imagine him contributing 25 Goals & 10 Assists at some point in all comps if we were to sign him.

With the emergence of Obi Martin at youth level. I know this is the type of striker we want on paper.

tbbosa

. But I remember when people hyped up Aneke, Afobe, Lansbury and others, and Wenger didn't get attacked for "killing them" like Arteta does with seemingly every prospect not breaking through currently.
This reminds me of ..Arturo Lupoli, David Bentley and Jeremie Aliadiere... whatever happened?

His flicks and style of play remind me of Goriud... I would stay away from Arsenal if I were him. If he comes here then he should just have his Jersey printed "Donkey" cos that's what Arsenal fans (including the ones raving for him here) will call him!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
His flicks and style of play remind me of Goriud... I would stay away from Arsenal if I were him. If he comes here then he should just have his Jersey printed "Donkey" cos that's what Arsenal fans (including the ones raving for him here) will call him!
Thoughts on this, @GoonerJeeves ?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
A guy called Thierry Henry did that on the left
Thierry is 6'2. There is no precedent for a 6'5 player successfully operating from the wing or even the half space at the top level. In fact, in recent memory the only 6'5 player who has been known for being able to run with the ball at all is young pre- 30 Zlatan. Most players at that height are clumsy butchers like Haaland.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Thierry is 6'2. There is no precedent for a 6'5 player successfully operating from the wing or even the half space at the top level. In fact, in recent memory the only 6'5 player who has been known for being able to run with the ball at all is young pre- 30 Zlatan. Most players at that height are clumsy butchers like Haaland.

Nicklas Bendtner enters the chat

ragnarock

A wild Mario Mandzukic at Bayern appears!

(In before the protests: he is 6’3)

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would bet some hack has seen he has 1 start at LW and concluded he can also play there.

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom