• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benoît Assou-Ekotto

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Assou-Ekotto

Tottenham fullback Benoit Assou-Ekotto is a shock target for Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger.

L'Equipe says Wenger has long rated Assou-Ekotto highly and believes his development this season has him now ready to handle the pressures of a top four club.

Only yesterday, Sp**s boss Harry Redknapp spoke of how impressed he's been by the ex-Lens defender's progress this season.

Despite the presence of Gael Clichy, Wenger is now weighing up a shock move for the youngster.

Cant see a strenght-adding in him though, with the progess of Gibbs.

NWgunner

Re: Assou-Ekotto

Agreed. Seems unlikely, he's not as good as Clichy, and Gibbs is progressing well.

Whats the source?

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot

Hmmm... :?

Not just Clichy or Gibbs for that position

Traore too...

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Maby Wenger will use Traore in a winger-role, who will know..

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Perhaps, but we can hardly go around bringing in players in positions of relative strength. Also, we don't need to load up on more ACN eligible players.

Lord Dula

Established Member

Gotta iirk some Sp**s fans reading that Wenger feels he can now handle the pressure of a top four club ;)

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Meh. I personally don't think Traore will amount to much at Arsenal either and I never rated him as a leftback but come on. Average? He's nineteen and began this season as a starter at a club that finished in the upper half of Premier League and won the FA Cup last season. He isn't average in any way.

kamikaze80

Established Member

heh and didnt he lose his starting spot and his team flirt with relegation this year? i think average is pretty appropriate - there are LMs better and worse than him.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
heh and didnt he lose his starting spot and his team flirt with relegation this year?
Yeah, but they weren't when he was a starter. He's nineteen. He was eighteen at the start of the campaign. Do you know how many nineteen year old players that have been considered regular starters in the league this season? Sure, he looks average right now if you compare him to players who are six or seven years older. It's definitely not average to play as much as he's done at that age though. He's a work in progress, not a finished product.

kamikaze80

Established Member

klaus, who's to say he's not just an early peaker? players careers arent automaticaly bell curves, you can't just project someone will be good just because theyre young. otherwise, jermaine pennant would be a superstar today.

i haven't seen anything from traore to suggest he'll ever be more than average at LM. his inability to learn how to defend as an LB means he'll never be above-average at his position.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
klaus, who's to say he's not just an early peaker? players careers arent automaticaly bell curves, you can't just project someone will be good just because theyre young.
Who says he is? You can't just project someone won't improve much because they're showing signs of promise at an early age. That's even more weird. I don't think that he'll amount to much either in the end, a least not at Arsenal. The point was that it isn't average to start regularly in the Premier League at eighteen though. If you can't give him the benefit of a doubt at that age when he's already at that level then what's the point?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

I am a firm believer of Traore. He has impressed me alot whenever he played and I do think he could be a good leftback/leftmid for us. But right now he needs to win Gibbs to be 2nd choice and its looking unlikely because he is weaker defensively.

ricky1985

Established Member

Benoit Assou-Ekotto?

OH. MY. GOD.

Not going to happen. I'll protest outside the training ground if it does.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom