• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I know Leno has been a great player for us, but you can't ignore the facts. He almost gifted a goal to Minamino today. He did the same last game and cost us a goal. He knocked out Luiz trying to claim a ball. Almost gifted a goal away against West Ham if not for Gabriel trying to claim a ball again. All this in the space of what? 5 GAMES!? WAKE UP. Yes, he is a world-class shot-stopper no doubt, but he's RIDDLED with mistakes.

Did you watch what save it was when the ball went to Minamino, which resulted us not conceding and in the end winning the game?

Such a one-handed jumping reaction save cannot be described as a gift.

New member, welcome. :facepalm:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He had a decent game and made some crucial saves. Saving the penalties was immense. My misgivings on his refusal to catch and palming the ball into the danger zone remain. He needs serious coaching in that area-maybe more than he does crosses.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Don't get me wrong, I think Leno is decent at build-up. He's very calm and risk averse which has it's benefits and weaknesses but it makes our build up very predictable.

And that's related how to the keeper exactly? He can only pass to open options. You want to see ****ing risky keeper passing? Look up what Tim Walter came up with at Kiel and Stuttgart luring pressing opponent strikers and creating ridiculous openings from the keeper to midfield, but that stuff comes at a massive price. Not even Bayern do that sort of stuff with Neuer at the back.

There's being predictable by not involving your goalie in build up, there's being sort of predictable by involving him in a rather safe way and then there's going gung ho. Build up is always sort of predictable but you beat that by being quick and intelligent and aware in your passing and movement, not by having your goalie go full on Pirlo in the box.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
@NieThePiet @Toby Andrl

Why are German keepers so good at shootouts?

Genuinely had no fear because he was in goal for the penalties.

Used to being shot at through multiple wars, became very flexible as a whole folk. Genetics, mate. That guy in the chit chat thread will tell you all about that. Blacks commit crime, Germans stop penalties.

Seriously, I don't know. I don't even know if the Germans actually are that good at keeping penalties. All I know is they are better than Cech.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Used to being shot at through multiple wars, became very flexible as a whole folk. Genetics, mate. That guy in the chit chat thread will tell you all about that. Blacks commit crime, Germans stop penalties.

Seriously, I don't know. I don't even know if the Germans actually are that good at keeping penalties. All I know is they are better than Cech.

Cech used to be good. Seems he lost his magical penalty stopping abilities as soon as he left Chelsea.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Because he was washed up. Sorted out by Chelsea, picked up by Arsenal.

Summer 2012...Cazorla
Summer 2013...Özil
Summer 2014...Sanchez

Summer 2015...

roy%20hodgson%20gif.gif

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

And this is the point that the Leno till I die merchants ( @Riou @El Granit-Coq @Macho ) dont seem to, or want to get.

Both keepers are great keepers, but we must not forget the standard set by Emi during his final spell with us. That is where Leno needs to be, consistently.
Not sure why your mentioning my name tbh I haven’t said anything. Supporting the clubs #1 keeper is nothing abnormal some of you should try it.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I criticism players because I hope they read these forums and see what I want them to improve on and I think they would be wise to take my advice because it would help. I always want the best for Arsenal players.
Is this serious? No one gives a **** what we are writing here besides us posting and maybe some opposition fans that come here to laugh at us when we just lost a game and go into meltdown mode. And I really prefer it like that. Imagine anyone taking even half of the rubbish posted here seriously? Think Leno can do a bit better than taking advice from the AM football brain trust...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom