• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Leno is one of our worst players in this season. He should keep it inside the club if he has anything bad to say about other players when he is worse.

Not sure I agree he is "one of our worst players in this season" - there is pretty stiff competition :lol:

I believe senior players should take responsibility, rather than hiding, or blaming the manager. I think his comments have merit.

Not sure I agree he is "one of our worst players in this season" - there is pretty stiff competition :lol:

I believe senior players should take responsibility, rather than hiding, or blaming the manager. I think his comments have merit.

Don't take me wrong, nobody rate our players as low as I do at the moment, I'm not even sure I rate them as human beings anymore. But Leno is just throwing stones here, he should keep it inside and fight Luiz about it in some dark corner at the Emirates.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don't take me wrong, nobody rate our players as low as I do at the moment, I'm not even sure I rate them as human beings anymore. But Leno is just throwing stones here, he should keep it inside and fight Luiz about it in some dark corner at the Emirates.

Leno fighting Luiz would be a Gísli Súrsson moment. Like Gisli they are foreigners in a new land.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

He hasn't said anything we didn't already know. We can all see the red cards and the poor manner of our performances.

Standard response from a senior player.

Reactions: Jae

shoot for the top

He hasn't said anything we didn't already know. We can all see the red cards and the poor manner of our performances.

Standard response from a senior player.

You don't throw your teammates under the bus. You deal with it inside the club. If a coworker went around telling others about your team's well-known poor performance, how would you feel? There is no need for that, it is unprofessional.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

hmm..nah the redcards and the manner of some of the losses were pretty stupid.

I don't mind one of the players condemning it, assuming he's including himself in that? If he's taken himself out of it then yeah I would agree with you @shoot for the top

shoot for the top

hmm..nah the redcards and the manner of some of the losses were pretty stupid.

I don't mind one of the players condemning it, assuming he's including himself in that? If he's taken himself out of it then yeah I would agree with you @shoot for the top

Then condemn it inside the dressing room. What is the point of telling the press something they already know? Put more pressure on your team? Cause disharmony? I don't see how this is constructive at all besides giving himself a sense of satisfaction.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't see a problem with this. He is pointing out things the players need to improve. In fact, had he been the captain, this is precisely the comments you would expect.

The pressure will always be on the manager, these comments shields the manager and puts the pressure back to the players to perform. Had the players downed tools, you'd never see this.

GDeep™

League is very weak
During the match it was interesting, he was shouting or swearing at someone for giving the ball or not running back etc, and Luiz was telling him to calm down.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He is not a top level goalkeeper. People might say he doesn't make mistakes and it's the goals that are scored are not saveable. I claim bullshit.

I just hate the way he plays out from the back. He has no energy. Martinez was always looking for the strikers to kick out too. Leno just passes a very slow looking pass to the fullbacks.

Guy just is too slow, and contributes to the slow tempo of the team. We need to move the ball quicker to player counter attacking football.

shoot for the top

He is not a top level goalkeeper. People might say he doesn't make mistakes and it's the goals that are scored are not saveable. I claim bullshit.

I just hate the way he plays out from the back. He has no energy. Martinez was always looking for the strikers to kick out too. Leno just passes a very slow looking pass to the fullbacks.

Guy just is too slow, and contributes to the slow tempo of the team. We need to move the ball quicker to player counter attacking football.

He isn't comfortable on the ball. Martinez would def be better for overall team play.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Another clean sheet for the superior keeper we let go in favor of this guy. :facepalm:

sdotzdot

Established Member
Great keeper, and great comments from him.

good to see one of our key players actually taking responsibility, and not hiding behind the (albeit terrible) manager.

Reactions: mma

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I am not well-versed in the technicalities of goal-keeping. But I have got this weird unsafe feeling that I felt with Cech too. Both seem to make so many saves but they always seem to make me nervous when I watch games and give away goals. I definitely felt lot more calmer when Martinez was our keeper. Maybe it's the positioning that prevents bad situations in the first place or communication with defenders. I can't clearly point out what it was. But I feel Martinez was the better choice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom