• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Talk of the Show

Stannis

It’s weird being in a situation when both our keepers have been saving us points

Can’t even remember the last time that happened, if it happened at all

nick gould

I just like pretty much everything about our goal keeper. So humble yet confident. I hope he stays free of injuries and be the World Cup goalie he was always destined to be.

Stannis

Does anyone miss Cech? Cause I certainly don't.
Let’s hope emery thinks the same

Balague is pretty reliable itk for us now, and he said that due to his PSG experiences, Emery was mindful of not immediately binning senior players, that’s why cech and Ramsey were given a run to begin with.

Having said that Cech’s always been a pro. If he he is happy to be the second keeper I can see the club giving him another contract

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Willing to forget him completely flopping around on the Ndidi header. Had some tough saves, and one brilliant one. His ability on the ball was also showing again.

Love him overall.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It’s weird being in a situation when both our keepers have been saving us points

Can’t even remember the last time that happened, if it happened at all
Only briefly during the 1998 double campaign when Seaman was out for a couple of months and a very young and an untested Alex Manninger stepped up and played like a monster. Still remember him at Old Trafford when we won with that Overmars goal.

Sadly that was easily the apex of his career. He never developed into a reliable number 1 for a top team.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He's doing a great job and has the reflexes that Cech no longer has. That's not meant to be anti Cech, he's done a great job this season but age is a fact, your reflexes and athleticism do decline. One save Leno made was to his left even though he was moving to his right when the shot was struck, that's tough to perform when you're the wrong side of 30, that's one reason why Leno has to keep his place. He's done very little wrong, he even kicks a moving ball and keeps it in play!

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He is doing well but if Ndidis goes in it`s a different story. That is one area where Cech is still considerably better, he commands his box very well.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He was in no mans land for Ndidi’s header. Other than that it was a solid performance. He’s a fantastic passer off both feet- his little right footed clip to Lichsteiner was lovely.

He needs to keep playing to understand fully what it’s like to be a keeper in the PL. The likes of De Gea and Courtois had teething problems- I fully expect an error or two.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
He was in no mans land for Ndidi’s header. Other than that it was a solid performance. He’s a fantastic passer off both feet- his little right footed clip to Lichsteiner was lovely.

He needs to keep playing to understand fully what it’s like to be a keeper in the PL. The likes of De Gea and Courtois had teething problems- I fully expect an error or two.
An error or two? Mate you're in for a storm. Leno is a keeper who is prone to some serious farts but that can be ironed out quite quickly (looking at Woj). He is going to make quite a few mistakes and laughable ones at that. Just have to have the patience to see it through. He will easily be top 5 GKs very soon.

Stannis

He has started off a lot better than I thought he would.

The cross against nidi and positioning in the freak kick in the cup are the only obvious shortcomings

Kepa and Allison had massive fees hence got the attention, but I reckon Leno has performed comparatively well

andeoch1

Can’t fault Lenonwith his performances since starting. Just watched the Leicester game again and when they hit the crossbar in the 60 min , it could have been a game changer. Leno just did not attach the ball with enough conviction, but we survived. He still deserves to start against Palace even though Czech has been in good form.

pikey2000

I've seen De Gea flap on many a corner for UTD yet he is still regarded as one of the best in the world and for as many corners as he flaps he saves UTD way more points with his shot stopping.

If Leno can improve his decision making on corners/set pieces by 50% then he'll be a top keeper.

Much depends on his mindset, i.e when he does make an error that costs us how does he deal with that, will he crumble Mignolet/Karius styleee or will he man up, recognise a bad performance and move on much like Cech has done in previous seasons.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Cech still starts ahead of him as of now for me, depending on how sharp he has come back from the injury of course. He has commanded so much safety so far this season. But Leno looks like he can produce that level as well.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

An error or two? Mate you're in for a storm. Leno is a keeper who is prone to some serious farts but that can be ironed out quite quickly (looking at Woj). He is going to make quite a few mistakes and laughable ones at that. Just have to have the patience to see it through. He will easily be top 5 GKs very soon.
After watching De Gea and Courtois in this league I think it’s pretty much accepted that 99% of keepers regardless of ability are going to make errors in this league.

It will be frustrating when it happens but just have to remind ourselves that it is normal, it’s how he bounces back from the mistake that is key.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
With Raúl Sanllehí announcing that Ramsey, Cech and Welbeck are free to leave in the summer, why on earth would we bring Cech back now to replace a much younger, more athletic keeper, who has done very little wrong since getting his chance? Answer, we wont! Cech will play vs Blackpool.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom