• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Talk of the Show

Wryer

Think that after the two first goals Leno simply had to come out. Not defending him as I think he needs to improve on crosses in general, but given how poorly Kos played the crosses I think he just felt he had to do it.

I believe. And I also think that was why he initially even wanted to charge out of the area to close out Long. He wanted to keep the weakened defense out of action, as far as possible. It was a understandable, albeit still costly "error".

pikey2000

De Gea makes mistakes, made a terrible one VS us, but can also make game changing saves, don't see Leno as too different, has a mistake in him but also has great shot stopping ability.

Alison at Liverpool, paid £millions for him, has made mistakes but his overall performances and some top saves overshadow this.

haven't watched Ederson / the Chelsea keeper too closely but suspect they will be similar.

Mistakes can be costly, and if there is no upside you have a problem, but Leno has an upside in his overall reflexes, shot stopping and ball playing, plus his age is such that he can improve in the weak areas at the very least.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

To get back into fourth, win the EUFA/FA cups he is definitely good enough, we can work with him.

Beyond that I have doubts, but hes the least of our worries as it stands. Would be sick if he progresses similarly to De Gea.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

To get back into fourth, win the EUFA/FA cups he is definitely good enough, we can work with him.

Beyond that I have doubts, but hes the least of our worries as it stands. Would be sick if he progresses similarly to De Gea.

I think it’s unlikely. For me De Gea regressed badly his first year at Utd, he struggled to adapt to a new league, culture and language.

He was very young when he made the move and additionally I’d argue he was already a world class keeper when he left Atletico. Of the last three young keepers we’ve had he’s slightly below Oblak but above Courtois which is ridiculously good.

I know Leno is young but I think it’s unrealistic to expect progress like that as DDG was a very unique case not the norm.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It’s very unlikely and not expecting a DeGea like trajectory, just saying it would be nice.

say yes

forum master baiter
His stock went up tonight I think.

Forgot how painful it is watching Cech with the ball at his feet.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
DvgB5jhXQAEUHjR.jpg:large

Jae

Couldn't see properly from the angle I was stood in the ground but to meme looked like he could have done better for their first goal?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Doesn't even make the German squad says Keown. My head says wait. My heart says he's not good enough. He has a reticent aura about him and I don't get a sense that he has a DDG trajectory. I wasn't a massive Woj fan but if he's as good as many say,maybe we can tempt him home....

scytheavatar

Established Member
Doesn't even make the German squad says Keown. My head says wait. My heart says he's not good enough. He has a reticent aura about him and I don't get a sense that he has a DDG trajectory. I wasn't a massive Woj fan but if he's as good as many say,maybe we can tempt him home....

He hasn't been as good as many say, he's still the same in Juve as he has been for us. Full of moments of brillance but always prone to dropping clangers. And would be a sidegrade from Leno at best.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He hasn't been as good as many say, he's still the same in Juve as he has been for us. Full of moments of brillance but always prone to dropping clangers. And would be a sidegrade from Leno at best.
Thanks for the info. So many made him sound like the second coming of Buffon.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Leno clearly is an average GK, who is very good with his feet. If there is any chance of landing Navas, we have to take it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Agreed Leno has made some errors so far but generally speaking, he's one of the strongest elements of our defence, its those around him that we need to focus on. Top CB, Top LB and better back up to Bellerin would make a huge difference. Monreal is getting on and while Kola is good going forward, he's not too good as a defender.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom