• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bobby Pires Poll

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 147
  • Views 4,472

What should we do about Bobby?

• Let him keep diving as he scores loads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get him sorted out with a warning

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Arnie

I have only seen him like 3 times. once in a cl match wen we were losing in the 98th min.

once wen wen we were about to lose to portsmouth and wen barry fergueson pushed him over. They can all be excused

Xanshin

I still can't believe the amount of people on here saying "shut up and leave Pires alone". She isn't attacking him, she's asking for your opinion on one side of his game that detracts from his obvious talents. She's not asking whether or not you think she should shut up.

Calling her names and saying she doesn't know what she's talking about is really stupid. She's got an opinion on Pires, and that he should stop diving, and she's being verbally abused by a bunch of idiots from the safety of their computer.

Pires Dives! It's a fact of life. I have many friends who support other teams, and much like most of you with RVN, refuse to accept he's a great player because of it. So, as SL is suggesting, if he stopped, he'd have much more respect wordwide and from opposing fans (like Thierr does).

You people seriously need to realise that if someone's opinion does not match yours, it does not automatically mean they're idiots, or that they don't know what they're talking about. Especially when you're the one's who's posts are ridiculed with bias.

That is all

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Xanshin said:
I still can't believe the amount of people on here saying "shut up and leave Pires alone". She isn't attacking him, she's asking for your opinion on one side of his game that detracts from his obvious talents. She's not asking whether or not you think she should shut up.

Calling her names and saying she doesn't know what she's talking about is really stupid. She's got an opinion on Pires, and that he should stop diving, and she's being verbally abused by a bunch of idiots from the safety of their computer.

Pires Dives! It's a fact of life. I have many friends who support other teams, and much like most of you with RVN, refuse to accept he's a great player because of it. So, as SL is suggesting, if he stopped, he'd have much more respect wordwide and from opposing fans (like Thierr does).

You people seriously need to realise that if someone's opinion does not match yours, it does not automatically mean they're idiots, or that they don't know what they're talking about. Especially when you're the one's who's posts are ridiculed with bias.

That is all

Well said that man. Pires being a fantastic player and his diving are two mutually exclusive concepts, he doesn't need to dive to be great, so how can you lot defend it? It doesn't matter that other teams do it, we are Arsenal and should not be doing it.

Adam

Established Member
It's important tp understand the complexities of it - it isn't just plain old 'diving'. It is winning your team possesion back when you have been hampered. I firmly believe that if Bobby will choose to run on and play a pass - he will because he has the talent.

You could say Maradona dived, and there were notable ones in the box - just as Pires has, but generally - he doesn't do it to cheat, but to claim posession once somebody has hurt the chances of his penetration.

kNiteMare

This thread is such a joke that it's funny. Whether a player dives and whether a player is great or not is 2 completely seperatable points, and you guys are talking like it's one. And IMO, Pires does dive, and some of those are 'not' because he is trying to protect his knee. True, some are, but some definitly are NOT.

slapz said:
He dived two or three times last season with only one being in the box which was against Pompey and that was debateable. However, we stunk against Pompey that day and were 1-0 down at the time so coulda lost that game. I dont give a monkey's if it's not right that he dived but if he hadnt gone down, we woulda lost and all this unbeaten run would never have happened. So let him dive if he wants to... thats like telling Patrick never to slide in for a tackle again...

... In conclusion, I reckon he should just play how he wants, dives and all without worrying about what people think of him

patrick42uk said:
diving is a part of the game that wont go away. if you are having a word with bobby about it, you would have to talk to every single player because everyone does it to an extent. i dont really care if he dives, as long as he keeps performing. and what a performance he gave yesterday. really took the game by the scruff of the neck.

pires does dive by the way. on some occassions it might have something to do with his injury, but there is intent on others. valencia and pompey spring to mind. but then henry did it against man utd, and vieira does it just as much as pires.

So? If everyone dives, does it mean you will dive as well? You will do absolutely anything just to achieve the end? Even if it's dishonourable? No matter what people say, i rather players play fairly and win it rather than playing unfairly to win it. Our team has the quality to win it fairly, so why sink as low as the other teams?

kNiteMare

and about the guys/girls thing. (sorry to the feminists) Isnt it just normal for a guy to be nice/respectful to a girl because it is the way it should be? Not because we want anything but because it is our duty? If you cant even show respect for a girl than i dont know what you are.

And on another note, the same shouldnt apply to just girl but any human being. Thus personally I find all these name calling and abusing on the forum is highly amusing. Cant imagine how you guys will be like iRL. extremely pathetic.

Aussie

Established Member
**** ME LOCK THIS THREAD

Diving bad
Bobby good
Even though he goes down easily
Would Like him to stop

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
The level of bias on this thread is astounding.

Going down to protect himself? haha, i would have thought you'd have less chance of injuring yourself by staying on your feet instead of dropping to the deck like a sack of spuds...

Pires dives. He also goes down under the slightest bit of contact all the time. This is nothing to do with protecting himself, it's to do with trying to win a free kick or penalty. It's playacting, trying to make the referee think that what happened is much worse than it really is.

Last season I recall Pires, Henry, Bergkamp and Vieira diving. None of them were as poor dives as Neville or Gudjohnsen's, but they were still dives. Every team has divers, and unfortunately that's not going to change.

Aussie

Established Member
He is pretty ****house at it as well. Each team he dives he just about brakes the high jump record.

Adam

Established Member
You have to understand why he does something, when he never used to do it before, and that is down to the aggressive approach he had in 01/02 and what Arsène talked about at the time.

When you understand it - it helps.

Of course it doesn't stop it, but it helps you to see that he is not a cheat.

slapz

patrick42uk said:
how do you suggest we stop diving exactly?

tell everyone that they have to stay on their feet at all times even if someone comes in from behind and blantantly takes them out? ;)

kutz

kNiteMare said:
and about the guys/girls thing. (sorry to the feminists) Isnt it just normal for a guy to be nice/respectful to a girl because it is the way it should be? Not because we want anything but because it is our duty? If you cant even show respect for a girl than i dont know what you are.

And on another note, the same shouldnt apply to just girl but any human being. Thus personally I find all these name calling and abusing on the forum is highly amusing.

Good call. Chivalry isn't dead, girls are just completely shocked when they find it. And respect for your fellow man could use a makeover as well...

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
He is a diver. By no means the only practicioner of it in English, let alone world football, but that's not the point.

A

Anonymous

kNiteMare said:
and about the guys/girls thing. (sorry to the feminists) Isnt it just normal for a guy to be nice/respectful to a girl because it is the way it should be? quote]

i aint lookin for respect or for ppl to agree with me just to be nice, loads of yas have been puttin in constructive posts - which is what i posted for but others seem to think its ok to call me names and so be it coz ur always gonna find ****s like that :lol: just wish something could be done about it ... yaskl for example .. 3 out of 5 posts he called me thick, implying that i was on drugs, said im a silly girl and stuff along those lines :) cant be good like

A

Anonymous

Scottish Lass said:
kNiteMare said:
and about the guys/girls thing. (sorry to the feminists) Isnt it just normal for a guy to be nice/respectful to a girl because it is the way it should be? quote]

i aint lookin for respect or for ppl to agree with me just to be nice, loads of yas have been puttin in constructive posts - which is what i posted for but others seem to think its ok to call me names and so be it coz ur always gonna find ****s like that :lol: just wish something could be done about it ... yaskl for example .. 3 out of 5 posts he called me thick, implying that i was on drugs, said im a silly girl and stuff along those lines :) cant be good like

Well if you are going to make posts like you did you should fully expect, and deserve to be called all the things you have done.

Pires doesnt deserve to play for Arsenal? What a load of bollocks.

Pires has dived whilst playing for Arsenal, but the idea that he takes a dive every time he steps onto a football pitch is just a myth. Likewise with Horseface, who is not a diver in my opinion, just a sly dirty ****.

He has taken three, maybe four real dives whilst playing for Arsenal, which are then blown up by the media, making people believe that he is a serial diver. Same hapened with Cole, but the idea he is a cheat is laughable.
Loads of footballers dive, Gerrard was booked for it last season, and dived whilst playing for England. So was Neville, who was booked for diving twice in a month. Scholes and Owen have also taken dives, but the fact that they are English, and English people NEVER dive or cheat do they, the media brush it under the carpet.

Vieira dives all the time, he is by far the worst at it in our team. But he is also very good at it and very clever in his use of it, hence it doenst really get picked up. He wins us countless numbers of free kicks. Adam summed it up in his first post - there is now an art to going down easily. It is now a part of football.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom