• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bobby Pires Poll

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 147
  • Views 4,469

What should we do about Bobby?

• Let him keep diving as he scores loads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get him sorted out with a warning

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kNiteMare

Sol, it is being blown up i agree, and i have always say that Pires is class and he is top three in my favourite current Arsenal players, but i did point that these are 2 seperate things and people still havnt realise that this is not what we are talking about.
Ture it is parts of football nowaday, but should we accept it as it is? It is part of an utopian ideal that everyfootballers play honourably fairly and i realise that, but you cannot help hoping that it may begins, and with your heros at your club.

Scottish Lass said:
i aint lookin for respect or for ppl to agree with me just to be nice, loads of yas have been puttin in constructive posts - which is what i posted for but others seem to think its ok to call me names and so be it coz ur always gonna find ****s like that just wish something could be done about it ... yaskl for example .. 3 out of 5 posts he called me thick, implying that i was on drugs, said im a silly girl and stuff along those lines cant be good like
SL, I do not mean agreeing with girls blindly (unless she is my girlfriend of course). I just means polite and respect as a person (in a general sense). If i do not agree with you (as i am now) I would just kindly say that i do not agree, instead of resorting to calling people names and demeaning people.

maybe time to close this thread? This is starting to remind me of the Edu/Gilberto arguments we had.

A

Anonymous

funny how you say this
yaskl for example .. 3 out of 5 posts he called me thick, implying that i was on drugs, said im a silly girl and stuff along those lines cant be good like

Scottish Lass said:
yaskl said:
i dont think you should go, firstly because i am sure there will be some men on here who wouldnt fogive me.
I get slagged off the whole time,becuase of my views, recently i got aload of abuse for daring compare Vieira with Gerrard( xcuse me for bring it up) it happens sometimes ppl disagree and sometime they agree with you, i am sure you have posted plenty stuff which has had ppl agreeing with you, you cant always expect ppl to go along with you point of view.

When you slag off one of our most respected players without just cause surely you should expect to get alittl eabuse, its all in good fun,cheer up

i guess so.. first time uve made some sense to me :roll: no doubt i dont mean half the s**t im sayin as u lot will kno wats happens at a certain time of the month but atm im still not happy with u lot for saying this is a stupid thread when all i was askin for is ur opinion on it

but forget that you agreed with me, and i did tell you not to leave when you threatened to.

A

Anonymous

the fact that i agreed with u that i cant expect ppl to go along with my point of view, this doesnt mean u can call me names, i make a silly joke about we'll put a 500 quid bet on about who dives most and u said "grow up" and im a "silly girl" any1 that reads it can tell that u were not kiddin on, again explainin my point of ppl taking it too far to resort to name calling ;) i'll see what i can get done about it :roll:

Mark

Established Member
This thread should really be locked. It's no longer an argument about Pires or diving, it's just about name calling and who said what about who. :?

jay-d

Established Member
Sol said:
Scottish Lass said:
kNiteMare said:
and about the guys/girls thing. (sorry to the feminists) Isnt it just normal for a guy to be nice/respectful to a girl because it is the way it should be? quote]

i aint lookin for respect or for ppl to agree with me just to be nice, loads of yas have been puttin in constructive posts - which is what i posted for but others seem to think its ok to call me names and so be it coz ur always gonna find ****s like that :lol: just wish something could be done about it ... yaskl for example .. 3 out of 5 posts he called me thick, implying that i was on drugs, said im a silly girl and stuff along those lines :) cant be good like

Well if you are going to make posts like you did you should fully expect, and deserve to be called all the things you have done.

Pires doesnt deserve to play for Arsenal? What a load of bollocks.

Totally agree, remember how Yaskl got slaughtered for his Gerrard/Vieira thread no one defended him then and everyone jumped on the bandwagon, now someone makes a thread a lot worse with blantently silly statements and she gets defended cause she flashes a bit of tits and ars on the forum every now and again, now thats sad. Personally i haven't posted an insult but i'm certainly not gonna defend her when someone else does!

A

Anonymous

jay-d said:
she gets defended cause she flashes a bit of tits and ars on the forum every now and again, now thats sad.

typical guy comment that has nothing better to say other than state the fact that im a girl who has flashed my tits and arse when relly i aint flashed my tits and u cant see my arse in the other pictures either :roll: im gonna try me hardest to make u regret saying that :D

Alexone234

he can fall over all he likes in my books. the issue with diving is two dimensional.

Players like Pires dive because he doesn't want to be fouled, while RVN dives to cheat.

Brazillians have always done this as a way to avoid being kicked by players in the Robbie Savage molde

johe

RvN used to dive, especially in the 02/03 season. Rob dives, but I feel his diving is more in the South-American style, where it's called a "proffesional fall". :lol:

Like Sol said, Vieira is by far the worst diver in our squad, and by far the best as well. No one is talking about Vieira diving because he is a midfield hardman and the press love to make head-to-heads between Keane and Pat, but they couldn't have him down as a diver if he was in a midfield battle with Keano. It just wouldn't fit the picture they've created. Pires on the other hand is a fancy-dan skill player from southern Europe, and we all know how the English press like them, don't we? :wink:

slapz

You lot moan about Pires diving and so forth.... have you guys seen Ivan Campo look for a foul? Its the funniest sight on a footy field

johe

slapz said:
You lot moan about Pires diving and so forth.... have you guys seen Ivan Campo look for a foul? Its the funniest sight on a footy field

Not quite as funny as Gary Neville trying the worst dive I've ever seen, then roll around kicking and hitting the ground screaming like some spoiled brat. :lol: That was against City in the FA cup I think.

Now that's a classic.

beanz

I'm really confused, :? I go away for a few days to watch the boys play & when I get back there's a 9 page topic that's taken me half an hour to read and I'm still no better off.
Maybe it was sitting in those coffee houses and inhaling the smoke from these weird cgarettes everyone seems to smoke out there :mrgreen: (they smell even stranger than Gauloise) or maybe it was those funny tasting mushrooms someone in a bar offered me (I could'nt get to sleep for ages afterwards)
Is this thread about "Le falling footballeur" or about the effects of PMT (trust me after 30 years of marriage, I know about this) :wink: I believe "Evening Primrose & Starflower Oil" is good for PMT, but I'm not sure if there's anything to stop the effects of gravity :mrgreen:

ModeratelyVacant

I think we all love Bobby, but he definitely goes down VERY easily sometimes. I think it's more a case of Bobby not actually being very good at "falling", unlike somebody like Beckham who would go down a lot more than Pires, but can do it convincingly.

nnaife

Pires is a very fair player, is never dirty or foul mouthed to the match officials or oppostion.

He's a model Professional.

He's also the most fouled football player in the EPL.

slapz

johe said:
slapz said:

Not quite as funny as Gary Neville trying the worst dive I've ever seen, then roll around kicking and hitting the ground screaming like some spoiled brat. :lol: That was against City in the FA cup I think.

Now that's a classic.

yeah, that and the following headbutt was quality

johe

slapz said:
johe said:
slapz said:

Now that's a classic.

yeah, that and the following headbutt was quality

I don't think he could match Duncan Ferguson's headbutt when he played in Scotland - I think he went to jail for like 3 months for it! :lol:

goonerling

Pires did an interview about 8 Arsenal mags back saying that his injury has made him anticipate the tackle and try to avoid it. He also said that that's why now he's probably the least injury prone of all the regular players. I don't think he tries to gain any unfair advantage. It's just him trying to protect himself.

The real crime here is him sharing shaving tips with AC3.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom