• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This article is very high on Saka at RW, comparing his output there as a teenager to Sancho and Mbappe, which is a bit much, but still. I really have no idea where he'll end up on the pitch. Seems a bit of a waste to have both Saka and Pepe rotating on the right instead of just playing together on either flank.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One mistake over good performances after good performance? We haven't been able to keep a clean sheet without him and also have one of best defensive records in the league.
And getting dominated aerially by Mane

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Player of the season is definitely up for debate, we've been so shocking that it's hard to give it to anyone really. Saka doesn't just get a pass for the last few months because Arteta has overplayed him. We could start handing out passes to many players then.

He'll win it because he's definitely one of our better players and is a big fan favourite but in terms of actually justifying it you'd struggle.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Player of the season is definitely up for debate, we've been so shocking that it's hard to give it to anyone really. Saka doesn't just get a pass for the last few months because Arteta has overplayed him. We could start handing out passes to many players then.

He'll win it because he's definitely one of our better players and is a big fan favourite but in terms of actually justifying it you'd struggle.
I'm leaning towards Laca. He's been one of the best forwards in the entire league this season.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
This article is very high on Saka at RW, comparing his output there as a teenager to Sancho and Mbappe, which is a bit much, but still. I really have no idea where he'll end up on the pitch. Seems a bit of a waste to have both Saka and Pepe rotating on the right instead of just playing together on either flank.

I wonder how much of him "going up a level" on the RW is actually due to the change of position rather than Saka just getting better because of his natural development. As has been said multiple times his skills are more suited to the left and I think he's just as good there at the very least.

Which also brings to question whether playing Pepe on the LW was what brought out the best of him versus him just getting play time which I think is the case. Like you said, rotating the 2 of them seems like a waste when that LW spot will be taken by someone who is not a natural there (Auba, ESR, Martinelli)

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Had more good performances this season than any player apart from Holding.

But he is white, English and balding so people will neglect this.
No he's bang average and should never be given the armband at The Arsenal again.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

Nobody on the team has been good for more than 3 months. Whether it was at the start, middle or end of the season.

I would give it to Saka cause when the attack looked completely stale before Smith-Rowe was inserted into the starting line-up against Chelsea, he looked the most dangerous and consistently worked very hard for the team.

Then when ESR came into the fold, Saka really started looking dangerous, especially on that RW position. I would say Ødegaard being brought into the team also affected Saka's form cause it took ESR away from the central positions, he was combining so well with Saka.

For whatever reason Laca was dropped and Auba put in as the starting CF, even though he was not in great form and is very limited at hold up play and linking up with the rest of the forwards. Even in the last two months, he has mostly been average, not a shambles like most of the so called veteran players on the team.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I'm leaning towards Laca. He's been one of the best forwards in the entire league this season.

Don't think he has had any impact. He had a stretch of combining well with ESR and Saka, but for the most part he just doesn't do enough. Never wanted the team to get him cause it was suspect that he was 26 in his prime and still playing in ligue 1.

Unless you're playing for PSG at that age in ligue 1, then it's a red flag. It's just weird. Laca, Auba and Pepe can be a very lethal front three cause of end product, but I really do not rate the way any of them play the game. Maybe I am a bit disillusioned, but I just can't really stand the style of play of these players after watching Henry, Van persie, Bergkamp and even Adebayor at his best play here.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nobody on the team has been good for more than 3 months. Whether it was at the start, middle or end of the season.

I would give it to Saka cause when the attack looked completely stale before Smith-Rowe was inserted into the starting line-up against Chelsea, he looked the most dangerous and consistently worked very hard for the team.

Then when ESR came into the fold, Saka really started looking dangerous, especially on that RW position. I would say Ødegaard being brought into the team also affected Saka's form cause it took ESR away from the central positions, he was combining so well with Saka.

For whatever reason Laca was dropped and Auba put in as the starting CF, even though he was not in great form and is very limited at hold up play and linking up with the rest of the forwards. Even in the last two months, he has mostly been average, not a shambles like most of the so called veteran players on the team.
I think you can make a case for a few players

Laca has been our most productive player (and maybe most consistent?)

ESR has had a huge impact and is actually more productive than Saka per 90.

Tierney is our only player who you could argue is the best in the league in their position so that kind of makes his case.

I wouldn’t be fussed regardless of who is chosen. I think Saka will win it but they’re all equally deserving for the reasons I listed imo.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

For me the player of the season would be ESR. That is purely on an emotional level. When he was playing for Town, I was thinking so many times whether he could make it at Arsenal. To see him break through has been a source of great pleasure.

There is little that beats seeing an Arsenal academy player coming through and making it at the club.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

His best position is RW, don’t see why we can’t rotate him and Pepe. If we have to choose one I’d bin off Pepe though:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Why not LW though?
From what I’ve seen playing on the right gets the best out of him. He plays like an LWB on the left but a forward on the right, will improve his end product.

I don’t have any stats to back this argument because I’m a eye test guy and I think stats guys got bullied in school.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
From what I’ve seen playing on the right gets the best out of him. He plays like an LWB on the left but a forward on the right, will improve his end product.

I don’t have any stats to back this argument because I’m a eye test guy and I think stats guys got bullied in school.

Stats guys got bullied in school, but now they run football, pal.

Gunners1616

I think that Saka often escapes criticism since we have a ton of problems but if he does not improve his productivity it will eventually show. He has a guaranteed starting spot but he has poorer stats than Gervinho the 2 seasons he stayed with us and it's usually Pepe who gets all the criticism ...

This season in PL Saka has 5 goals and 3 assists in 31 games ... And last year 1 goal and 5 assist 'in 26 games, so 6 goals 8 assist' in 57 games. Gervinho in 46 PL games between 2011 and 2012 had 9 goals 9 assist '. And I'm sure even Walcott and Podolski were more productive.

Saka is still useful in many games and Arteta changes his role a bit too often but he still plays in attacking roles and his stats are terrible for a starter. In his small career for the moment his best position is LWB in the 5 at the back defense. He has never been better than at that position with Emery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom