<

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by oh to be a goon, Jun 6, 2020.

?

What #1 position would you use Saka for?

1. LB/LWB

2. LW

3. LCM

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

No chance of a regression IMO. Especially in terms of assists, his decision making is already top class. Hits a ball so sweetly as well. Hope he starts against Fulham.

DJ_Markstar, Jury and Maybe like this.
  2. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Like any player he'll have his ups and downs and I'm sure at those moments some on here will slander him. Need to put in perspective, he's still so young but as you've pointed out he's top class so he may just consistently deliver.

Pyres7 and Macho like this.
  3. jgirolami

jgirolami Member

Is it just me or has Saka hardly kicked a ball since he singed that contract? Almost like he was given all those games be4 just to get him to sign and not leave.

StefanB likes this.
  4. lufere7

lufere7 Well-Known Member

I have a question after seeing some people including him as a LWB on the matchday thread. Would he still be open to playing as a LB/LWB? I think he has played exclusively on the wing/midfield since he signed right?

He would be such a weapon against the weaker teams, Niles for defensive stability against the top teams/wingers and Saka against defensive teams. But I don't know if his renewal was contingent on being used further up, I'd understand it somewhat since I think his future is on the wing but he would be very helpful on the current system, specially if one of Bellerin/AMN is sold.

5. Pyres7

Pyres7 Well-Known Member

I don't think Arteta hasn't played him at LB since we started negotiating the extension with him. Can't be a coincidence, he must have asked to play further up the pitch (which is where he should be playing anyway).

This LWB role would be perfect for him though because he switches to a CAM when we're attacking. Easiest route onto the pitch for him too in this formation, otherwise he'll be competing with both Pepe and Willian for RW.

6. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

He's better as an attacker. Stop with this left-back nonsense.

7. Pyres7

Pyres7 Well-Known Member

I agree but he's not gonna be playing much in this 3-4-3 formation. I'd rather see him on the pitch even at LWB.

Macho and lufere7 like this.
  8. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

You have to love how he is being handled by Arteta. Genuinely excited to see his next performance, because you know they’ll be a moment of real quality to remember.

El Granit-Coq and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  9. Keplaz

Keplaz Well-Known Member

I think they will convert him into a midfielder. David Silva style. Saka's intelligence and ability to play a killer pass would be very good between the lines. He'll ease him in nicely.

Is it too early to say Mikel Knows?

10. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

His decision making is just so good :drool:.

lufere7 likes this.
  11. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

Pre-assist on both goals.

12. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Hleb-esque tonight with those.

Beksl likes this.
  13. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

Yep, he's the one who really makes both goals, the first with his movement into the space between the lines and pass, the second one is just all his goal.

I actually thought he was rather timid and looking a bit off the pace for the rest of the match, but he's the one who's made both goals.

lufere7 likes this.
  14. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

Passes like that show you he's legit.

El Duderino likes this.
  15. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Uncharacteristically poor tonight, only the second bad game I've seen him have.

16. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

This lad is a top player. Can play out wide or between the lines. He was the difference today.

17. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Finally youngster with creativity and not keep heads down when passing i still want him play LW.

18. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Clutch player man. He's meant for big things. When you pull off passes like that at that stage of the game wow

19. Lakersgooner24

Lakersgooner24 Well-Known Member

Poor game in terms of overall play, but still made the biggest impact with the two pre-assists. Mark of a top player.

krengon likes this.
  20. AberGooner

AberGooner Well-Known Member

One of his poorer games for us yet still played a crucial part in winning us the game. Quality talent. Arguably our most creative player at 18 years old.