• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I like Calum but he really inhibits the team going forward at RB.

Yes his lack of pace will always hold him back. Probably why he did better at DM for Fulham than RB. My cousin is a Fulham season ticket holder, he said great at DM but nothing special at RB, and he sees every home game and many away games. I don't see him getting to play midfield for us so for me he's a squad player.

Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Probably been our best defender this season, not saying much I guess...kinda deserves a run at CB tbf to him but won't get it unfortunately.

Highbury

Chambers, Sokratis, Luiz, Holding, Mustafi and Saliba.

We are overloaded with CBs and I really hope the club is clear on what it is going to do next summer.

I think it will be worth taking a risk with Chambers and Holding as the first-choice pairing with Luiz and Saliba as backups. Mustafi will surely leave and between Sokratis and Luiz, I would keep the latter at the club.

Wryer

Fair play to the lad. He looked awkward at RB at both ends but somehow manages to put in a decent shift.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I love how his average and below par performances have literally gone unnoticed. He has been poor at progressing the ball and poor defensively. Even at Old Trafford he got booked early, hid behind his winger the whole game and received no criticism. Last game he gave away a goal. But it's fine I guess.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I love how his average and below par performances have literally gone unnoticed. He has been poor at progressing the ball and poor defensively. Even at Old Trafford he got booked early, hid behind his winger the whole game and received no criticism. Last game he gave away a goal. But it's fine I guess.
Hes been alright in my opinion, but he has failed to pick Pepe out with through balls multiple times now recently. I dont get what he's playing at with that one. It was more noticeable vs Sheffield, hes picking a sideways pass over a more high risk pass which could put Pepe ahead of his marker.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hes been alright in my opinion, but he has failed to pick Pepe out with through balls multiple times now recently. I dont get what he's playing at with that one. It was more noticeable vs Sheffield, hes picking a sideways pass over a more high risk pass which could put Pepe ahead of his marker.

He's fine for a squad player, and that's what he is, so happy with him...hoping Bellerin can come back close to his best, as that would help Pepe out signifcantly.

Last edited:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Reversion to his average mean after a somewhat promising start. I think we got carried away a little on here given the dire standards. Think I made some critical remarks in the last few matchday threads, but that's hardly noticeable between all the frustration on there. Should've tried to get a good RB in summer.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu

This is a harsh take, I think everyone shat themselves when he was booked in the 10th Minute against Daniel James but credit to Chambers who didn't put a foot wrong the rest of the game and played sensibly and effectively to avoid a red.

mpower2540

Reminds me of Carl Jenkinson. Seems like a lovely bloke, gives it his all every time he steps out on the pitch but he’s just not good enough unfortunately. Lacazette and Aubameyang were clearly frustrated with him. Bellerin needs to come back asap

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Reminds me of Carl Jenkinson. Seems like a lovely bloke, gives it his all every time he steps out on the pitch but he’s just not good enough unfortunately. Lacazette and Aubameyang were clearly frustrated with him. Bellerin needs to come back asap
Harsh. He's much better than Jenko. And he's a better defender than Bellerin.
If we could take this lads defensive game and Bellerin's attacking game we'd have one hell of a player. Until we find that we need to use them both carefully depending on the opposition.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I question his agression. That's the only issue I have with him. Apart from that he's very good on the ball and I think he's a good RB.

mpower2540

Harsh. He's much better than Jenko. And he's a better defender than Bellerin.
If we could take this lads defensive game and Bellerin's attacking game we'd have one hell of a player. Until we find that we need to use them both carefully depending on the opposition.

Yeah he’s better than Carl but ultimately I don’t really see much of a future for him here unless he’s prepared to settle for a back up role. Bellerin is an interesting debate, do you think you’d look to upgrade on Hector?

mpower2540

Chambers has always been a mediocre RB with some few good performances here and there.

But he's still much much better than AMN.
It could/probably would be a complete disaster but I’d be seriously considering putting AMN in midfield at the moment (Willock would be my 1st choice). We really lack legs/runners in there and only Niles and Willock can really do that job out of who we’ve got. It’s just his security on the ball and concentration issues that would concern me

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yeah he’s better than Carl but ultimately I don’t really see much of a future for him here unless he’s prepared to settle for a back up role. Bellerin is an interesting debate, do you think you’d look to upgrade on Hector?
Not sure. Proving a leader in recent weeks and we have so few of those currently

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Of course he gets no mention...

Deserved to start at CB long time ago, but it's finally here.
Our best ball playing CB. Passes well and passes it smart. Also did few short runs with the ball when it was necessary for our passing game. Impressed with him on the ball today, but never doubted him.
Should be automatic starter for some time now

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He didn't deserve to lose his place after Newcaslte game in opening day and again he deserve to be starting for more games. we win our 2nd away game with him Sokratis starting and look solid we should keep them Luiz will have to work hard if he want to be back to the side or just sell in Jan if he not happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom