• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Can Chuba Akpom be the #9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will he be as good as Rooney or Owen? Clearly not and they are the only English strikers of the last 2 decades of the highest quality. Sturidge at City was clearly a huge talent, Akpom will probably have a premier league career.

Why u say clearly not?

And Owen and Rooney weren't even that good...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Would you consider Owen or Rooney utter top tier world class strikers? I could make more of a case with Rooney, but Owen was very good when he was young, and then fizzled out quickly, so I dont consider him in the top tier of strikers

Not as good as they are made out to be. Not a legends. Not the greatest in the game. You feel they did never live up their potential.

Owen because of injuries.

Rooney because of Ferguson turning him into yet another work horse in his team.

But I have heard that English men overrate their players a lot. Should have won the last 10 world cups with their amazing players.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Shearer was arguably the greatest ever English striker, and he's a shocking omission. Truth probably forgot him tbf!

Owen at his best absolutely destroys this league in 2015.

I mean... There are so many better strikers than Rooney while he have played in the league... Henry, Drogba, Ronaldo, Suarez, Torres, Anelka just to name few...

Akpom should be looking to overtake the likes of Rooney and Giroud and get close to likes of Anelka and Torres ability... If he don't have potential to become better than Rooney then we are probably wasting our time.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Look, some of you bells may be getting the whole 'overrated English players' thing all caught up in your panties, some of the bollocks Im reading here... dear god.

cloista

Pretty sure Henry was at his best for Arsenal... and he didn't hit 50. You need to think stuff through before posting.

Your argument was Owen at his best would destroy defenses in the current league. I'm saying if he would, Henry at his best (which was for us, yes) would hit 50 a season in the same circumstances. Basically, I'm saying I think defending and goalkeeping in general have regressed since Henry and Owen were both at their best.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Akpom is 20 later this year - hasn't scored a senior goal yet.

I don't need to remind anyone what Rooney and Owen were doing at that age.

Akpom to me is another kid who won't make it here and will have to step down a tier or two to get the required games.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Your argument was Owen at his best would destroy defenses in the current league. I'm saying if he would, Henry at his best (which was for us, yes) would hit 50 a season in the same circumstances. Basically, I'm saying I think defending and goalkeeping in general have regressed since Henry and Owen were both at their best.
That's not what Im saying. Im saying Owen was a top class striker, and would tear this league up regardless, because that's how good he was. Simple. Hence the Ballon D'or. You don't find those next to the recycle bin on a council estate. Some of you might need to acknowledge that.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Akpom hasnt played enough for anyone to conclude either for or against him. He should be sent out on loan, or at least made a part of our cup squad to give him the opportunity to show what he can do.

Salieri

If he turns out to be a late bloomer, then yes, he can be our #9. But he isn't going to be our NEXT #9.

Speaking of which. Who will wear the number 9 shirt next season? If it's not given to anyone in August, then you know what's happening on September 1st.

Triniboy

I thin its unfair to compare to the likes of Rooney and Owen etc. Chuba is at Arsenal and has been for a few years now. Theres no way he will be able to play in the first team even with the talent he has. If he was at a crap club in the prem he would already have been having regular cameos for his side. Rooney was allowed to flourish at Everton with his young age. Chuba currently wont be allowed to do that here.

If he turns out to be a late bloomer, then yes, he can be our #9. But he isn't going to be our NEXT #9.

Speaking of which. Who will wear the number 9 shirt next season? If it's not given to anyone in August, then you know what's happening on September 1st.

reus_0.jpg

Danskin

Established Member

Maybe no one will take it.

Triniboy

I do think Chuba can become a great striker if groomed properly would be the ideal RVP replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom