• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup | Arsenal Vs Norwich | 24/10/2017 19:45 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Who do you guys want next round from:
Bournemouth
Bristol City
Leicester
Manchester City
Manchester United
Chelsea/Everton
Tottenham/West Ham

I want a home draw against Bournemouth or Leicester, the other clubs are either likely to work very hard and kill us because we become complacent (Bristol City) or will likely knock us out.

Away at Man City. No fear, gonna give em a pasting.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Struggle to see us getting past any of the other big teams considering how poor we looked and the fact that having a game two days later stops us from playing any first teamers. Might have a chance at home if we have a more or less full squad to choose from as it means players like Per and Welbeck can be used.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Our seniors played piss poor. I'm not sure how many final nails in the coffin it's possible to have, but this was another one for Walcott.

On the flipside, we have to give praise to our youngsters but also the club I think. Look at the Man City squad that faced Wolves. In the whole matchday squad they only had 3 players I'd class as youth. They brought on Walker, Stones, De Bruyne and Sane. That's what, near 200m worth of players?

We've given debuts to 7 youngsters already this season and we've won with them. It won't get wide media praise, but we should praise it ourselves.

mug

wump
A lot of under/ poor performances tonight from too many of our players. Walcott and Giroud were anonymous. Elneny, Coquelin, Iwobi and Holding were very poor, sloppy and error prone.

The only positive individual performances were from Wilshere, AMN and of course Eddie.

I have to disagree. Wilshere was so incredibly desperate to impress that he ruined many attacks with early passes. Wilshere needs to develop that part of his game.
I think Giroud was lacking in passing and positioning as well. Iwobi tried creating moves off him several times and Giroud was sub-par in those situations.

I agree on seniors being lackluster and youngsters coming in and showing higher level. Macey looked great, steady, and calm. And every time we added a youngster to our attack, it improved.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I have to disagree. Wilshere was so incredibly desperate to impress that he ruined many attacks with early passes. Wilshere needs to develop that part of his game.
I think Giroud was lacking in passing and positioning as well. Iwobi tried creating moves off him several times and Giroud was sub-par in those situations.

I agree on seniors being lackluster and youngsters coming in and showing higher level. Macey looked great, steady, and calm. And every time we added a youngster to our attack, it improved.
Jack was okay just - looked slow tonight

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
May 2020: Eddie Nketiah, with Arséne Wenger standing beside him on the balcony at Islington Town Hall, lifts the Champions League trophy high having become the first man to score five goals in a final.
After being brought on as a substitute in the 89th minute. C’mon it’s Wenger we’re talking about.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
May 2020: Eddie Nketiah, with Arséne Wenger standing beside him on the balcony at Islington Town Hall, lifts the Champions League trophy high having become the first man to score five goals in a final.

Or more likely:

May 2020: Nketiah wins the Champions League for Man City following his move in the summer.
Meanwhile Arsène Wenger and Arsenal miss out on the Champions League again, hit by a late Watford counter attack after Olivier Giroud (too slow) and Theo Walcott (offside) had both spurned presentable opportunities.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What’s going to happen when we reach the latter stages of the EL or even the FA cup because Giroud and Walcott taking two of three attacking spots just doesn’t work.

Hopefully the rumours are true and Theo leaves in January. Akpom and Nketiah were far better when they came on.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
And a broken @Trilly posts on Arsenal Mania, 'How could I have been so wrong . . . '.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom