• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Final | Arsenal v Manchester City | February 25, 2018 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who will win the Carabao Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroud12

He was awful today. Whether it was offside or not he still missed an easy chance. Aside from that he was invisible over the whole game. It's easy to say that strikers feed off service but top strikers make their own chances and so far Aubemayang hasn't shown us he can do that. He was manhandled by Kompany and co.

Lets not start this again. He scored and looked really good in his first game where he played after being ill. He then played 2 very good teams where he got no service. The last thing now is to start hating on the guy, subbing him etc and destroy his confidence like we did with Laca. He has to play every game and has to get the time to settle in.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
[

A bit harsh, he is only 25 so in last WC he was only 21. But he was woeful today and i wouldn't mind seeing the back of him, but our defensive problems are bigger than just one or two players, it's the whole team, the set up and mentality. Mustafi fell asleep for their first goal but so did Ospina, getting caught in no man's land. Lapses and schoolboy errors are all too common with us these days.
Fair enough except Vieira and Cesc were 22 and 23 respectively when they actually got on the pitch to win their medals. The WC winner rhetoric around Mustafi is misleading. Kos is probably the "lowest ranked" CB we've signed and he's been excellent for is. We can blame the system all we want but that error for the Aguero goal and being dumped on his backside by Kompany in the lead up to the second is on him alone. He's just poor and we were robbed. We almost corrected our mistake in the summer but alas.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Pathetic. I didn't even watch it but I watched a replay of the full match and had to switch off because of how embarrassing we were.

We barely even created a solid chance.

Let's be real here, regardless of who we sign. As long as Wenger is the manager, we'll carry on declining.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Wilshere & Özil are our most technical players, wtf. What kind of games do they need, Ludogorets at home?

We can't even do it against those teams. We played some Swedish farmers and we lost to them at home.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

And that “part time ajax fan” text keeps on reminding me that today Ajax ****ed up their chances of getting the tittle. What a day.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
fRYymDPP45o.jpg

Malky

Established Member
He's a good shot stopper
No he's not, he's average. He's no better as a " shot stopper " than any other keeper in the league.
If you're the height of Ospina then shot stopping should be what you're exceptional at, like Casillas was, but Ospina is only marginally better (at shot stopping) than a near 36 year old Cech.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Ever since Santi got sidelined,this team has been on a downward spiral.
If he can't make a comeback, which I'm hoping is not the case, then I'd think trying to bring back Cesc to take Xhaka's place would be ideal, because he's been playing very little under Conte, who seems to not rate him.
We have no one to play through balls or long balls from deep toward our forward players, because our central midfielders are absolutely sinister!

arsmile

Established Member
Ospina didn't do a whole lot wrong today... i thought Neville was giving him unnecessary stick.

mustafi made everyone around him look like an idiot for their first

his distribution was frustrating because mustafi and chambers kept passing the responsibility to him to be the main playmaker of the team

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Hmmm probably a 2-0, 3-0 or 3-1 to City. We'll probably look sluggish and not up for it, we'll make some mistakes in defence and City will miss a few very good opportunities but they'll score eventually. Aubameyang won't be involved much, we won't play him in behind, we'll pass it around the box hoping to make an opportunity rather than playing to our strengths. Nice to be in a final though.

Obvious.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
WillWbeWi
We play this lot again in midweek, fun times ahead.
Ever since Santi got sidelined,this team has been on a downward spiral.
If he can't make a comeback, which I'm hoping is not the case, then I'd think trying to bring back Cesc to take Xhaka's place would be ideal, because he's been playing very little under Conte, who seems to not rate him.
We have no one to play through balls or long balls from deep toward our forward players, because our central midfielders are absolutely sinister!

Always told Santi was our engine

c00lguy

City bossed the game but they actually didn't create that many chances. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of when they had a clear cut chance apart from the 3 that they scored. The second goal was less than half a chance, very good ability from Kompany to direct that into the corner of our goal.

Ashybashy86

He was awful today. Whether it was offside or not he still missed an easy chance. Aside from that he was invisible over the whole game. It's easy to say that strikers feed off service but top strikers make their own chances and so far Aubemayang hasn't shown us he can do that. He was manhandled by Kompany and co.
I genuinely believe Lacazette can and will offer more. He's not the quickest, but gets more involved with the build up play. He looks more convincing to me. Auba seems similar to Walcott in that he mostly looks to run in behind. Auba's a superior finisher, but isn't fully fit, so I'll give time. Not hopeful though :(

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I genuinely believe Lacazette can and will offer more. He's not the quickest, but gets more involved with the build up play. He looks more convincing to me. Auba seems similar to Walcott in that he mostly looks to run in behind. Auba's a superior finisher, but isn't fully fit, so I'll give time. Not hopeful though :(
Laca looks like he can be a more scrappy player when needed and actually drops down to help, while Auba won't do any of that. I just mentioned how he won't perform at the same level as he did at Dortmund in his own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom