• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Final | Arsenal v Manchester City | February 25, 2018 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who will win the Carabao Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

No, no don't you see, Wenger simultaneously should be doing much better with the team he has and also has put together a disaster of a team.
Normally they seem like opposing ideas but both are true. We should be doing better but the assembled team is a mismatch. Like two odd socks.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Missed it live, watched highlights just now. We had a few chances but it looks like we were dominated, not arsed re-watching the full game.

All it confirmed for me was once again that Mustafi isn't good enough. Completely amateur on the first goal.

CHOPS

I haven't been on here for some time simply because there's been nothing of note to write about,well other than the disasterous performances that have been going downhill on a pair of roller skates!
The trouble is they get worse and worse,now believe me I've seen them play bad over the years that Ive supported'The Arsenal' (55 this year) but that has got to be the most embarrassing I watched the game today and wondered where it has all gone totally wrong for us?
The only answer I can come up with is everywhere on that pitch we have the wrong player,both over-paid and certainly over-rated!
Who played well?Well Wilshere showed his desire but I would expect that from him he always does,Chambers I thought was OK even though he wasn't too impressive and as for the rest they all went missing not just Özil,the whole back line Ospina was exposed too easily for me he didn't have a chance,Ramsey obviously not fit really Xhaka a total waste of space Bellerin we should take the£40 million or so now or get him to get his hair cut short so he can see what he's doing!Koscielny getting worse by the season,Mustafi looks like he can't wait to get away,Monreal unlucky with another injury and as for Aubameyang doesn't convince me he's better than Lacazette.
The subs Kolasinac looks like he needs to lose a stone or two,Iwobi no end production or goals andWelbeck does he really want to play teafor us he's not a goal scorer is he nor never likely to be.
I really can't watch this tripe much more so glad I gave up my season ticket all those tears ago but I'm still a Gooner and always will be!
COYG sort this ****e out start with Wenger!

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Have to say, having been to the game, that City were no great shakes today. We just made it easy for them with an utterly shambolic defence.

First goal was comedy schoolboy defending from Mustafi, the phase of play running up to the second felt like someone had opened a book as to how long we could keep making dire defensive **** ups, till they scored. Third didn’t really matter, as game was already over.

Can’t be bothered watching replays but I’ve no idea how Auba didn’t score that early chance - my side of the stadium was basically up and celebrating :(

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Missed it live, watched highlights just now. We had a few chances but it looks like we were dominated, not arsed re-watching the full game.

All it confirmed for me was once again that Mustafi isn't good enough. Completely amateur on the first goal.
Only one chance we got the whole game from auba no need to watch it was painful even city weren't that good

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Watching the highlights will not represent that insipid display in any way. Lack of conmitment, inability to complete simple passes, players looking disinterested. F***ing unbelievable.

City barely came out of 2nd gear yet they won with ease.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I genuinely believe Lacazette can and will offer more. He's not the quickest, but gets more involved with the build up play. He looks more convincing to me. Auba seems similar to Walcott in that he mostly looks to run in behind. Auba's a superior finisher, but isn't fully fit, so I'll give time. Not hopeful though :(
Hold on. Are we really, after all these years of having Giroud up front, going to make an issue out of having or CF running in behind? Lol

What’s most concerning to me is City played their B game and still beat us 3-0. We need a complete overhaul, which is not going to happen. At this point I don’t know where Arsenal needs to go from here.

Aevi

Hale End FC
What’s most concerning to me is City played their B game and still beat us 3-0. We need a complete overhaul, which is not going to happen. At this point I don’t know where Arsenal needs to go from here.
They played a "B-team" just as much as we did: we both played our cup keepers and had alternative options in for injured/unqualified players.

There were negative points to take from this game, but City playing a "lesser" team isn't one of them.

They played a "B-team" just as much as we did: we both played our cup keepers and had alternative options in for injured/unqualified players.

There were negative points to take from this game, but City playing a "lesser" team isn't one of them.

I think you’re misinterpreting what I’m saying. “B” game means City didn’t perform at their peak, not what sort of team we or they fielded.

IslingtonBornandbred

I may be wrong but I think the poster meant they played their B game as in they weren't in top form or playing to their best i.e they didn't play exceptionally well but still beat us 3-0.

Edit: Poster replied saying the above.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I think you’re misinterpreting what I’m saying. “B” game means City didn’t perform at their peak, not what sort of team we or they fielded.
I may be wrong but I think the poster meant they played their B game as in they were in top form or playing to their best i.e they didn't play exceptionally well but still beat us 3-0.
Ah I see, my bad. In that case I would still disagree though, they may not have played as destructive an offensive game but they were outstanding as a defensive unit. We didn't play poorly just because we were poor, City did a fantastic job at cutting passing lanes and closing the ball down. That in itself is "A" game material, just in a different way.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

I think you misunderstood. He means B game not B team. As in they didn’t even have to play well ( aka bring their A - game) to win.

VancouverCanuck

Don't know why people are so angry. It's not like this is an one-off.

Look, even if we played our best, I doubt we would be able to beat City. So in that regard, I am not disappointed at all.

Win or lose, it does not change the fact that the club needs a rebuild. The sooner Wenger walks, the sooner the rebuild can begin.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
No, no don't you see, Wenger simultaneously should be doing much better with the team he has and also has put together a disaster of a team.
FFS, blaze. This is his team. He assembled it. One would think that he had some sort of vision/plan for it. Ofcourse he should be doing better with it. If this team is **** it's because he put it together. If this team is not performing up to its potential - and I do believe this team despite its obvious flaws is capable of better than this dreck - it's because he's not managing it correctly.

How long? How long for will we continue to make excuses for this manager whilst reality keeps punching us in the face? It's gone beyond a bloody nose, my jaw is fecking shattered.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom