• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Final | Arsenal v Manchester City | February 25, 2018 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who will win the Carabao Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
He is a legend at Valencia. They consider him the worst manager in their history.

People are allowed to criticise Arsenal and Wenger but if you don't see where Neville's bile comes from, from the years where we were the only team standing up to them, then maybe you're more of a Neville lover than an Arsenal fan.

Whatevs pal. Neville is an annoying little turd but you're clutching at straws thinking he has some sort of beef with Arsenal and that drives his opinions. I couldnt bear to watch anymore come about 60 minutes, the team and manager are completely out of ideas. Nevilles opinion is the players dont care and arent up for it, maybe hes right, maybe hes not but they certainly seem uninspired, its just one take on things.
We lost, played badly and the club is letting down the fans putting that unorganized s**t show out on a football pitch.
Neville is asked for his opinion, he gives it, just because I or you dont like him doesnt mean hes wrong.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Whatevs pal. Neville is an annoying little turd but you're clutching at straws thinking he has some sort of beef with Arsenal and that drives his opinions. I couldnt bear to watch anymore come about 60 minutes, the team and manager are completely out of ideas. Nevilles opinion is the players dont care and arent up for it, maybe hes right, maybe hes not but they certainly seem uninspired, its just one take on things.
We lost, played badly and the club is letting down the fans putting that unorganized s**t show out on a football pitch.
Neville is asked for his opinion, he gives it, just because I or you dont like him doesnt mean hes wrong.
We were very poor on the day. It is clear big changes are needed. The players under-performed etc etc. Just have to see my earlier post on how it is for me the worst Arsenal performance in a final I can remember. The club has the worst owner in its history and is unlikely to improve much whilst he is there. No problem with any of that.

But Neville does have beef against Arsenal and I'm not prepared to be a nodding dog in the back of a car agreeing with Arsenal-hating from an Arsenal hater who has basically been a cheat all his career. Have you forgotten how he and his handsome brother kicked Reyes out of English football?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It did look bad when Neville started his rant about Ramsey jogging, which he even mentioned again when Ramsey went off.

But Ramsey normally has a terrific engine and is amongst the highest in the EPL for sprints and ground covered.

Can only think the lad is coming back from injury and we are short of top class players so Wenger threw him in. We don't all have Pep's money.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We were very poor on the day. It is clear big changes are needed. The players under-performed etc etc. Just have to see my earlier post on how it is for me the worst Arsenal performance in a final I can remember. The club has the worst owner in its history and is unlikely to improve much whilst he is there. No problem with any of that.

But Neville does have beef against Arsenal and I'm not prepared to be a nodding dog in the back of a car agreeing with Arsenal-hating from an Arsenal hater who has basically been a cheat all his career. Have you forgotten how he and his handsome brother kicked Reyes out of English football?
When's the last time you saw a nodding dog in the back of a car ;)

shootxhakashoot

All I'm saying is I agree with his opinions that's all. Its not about being a nodding dog as what you express in your posts suggests you agree with a lot of the content of his opinions really as well.
I dont forget anything about Neville or his mong of a brother either, mouthy, lefty little gobsh**es the pair of them.
To suggest they kicked Reyes out of English football is a stretch, the guy was talented but wasnt suited to English football physically. All our players got kicked at that time as we were a threat back then and that was the plan to stop us. The difference was when it became became apparent Reyes couldnt do it physically we got rid and got the likes of Cesc in who was a little (just a little) more resilient.
We have spent the last ten years recruiting players not physically suited to English football but teams have strangely stopped kicking us off the park like they used to. Strange that, probably because there is a risk in that and they simply dont need to anymore.
Do you disagree with Wrighty and Arsenal legends who say similar things as well or is it just hard because it comes from the enemy?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It did look bad when Neville started his rant about Ramsey jogging, which he even mentioned again when Ramsey went off.

But Ramsey normally has a terrific engine and is amongst the highest in the EPL for sprints and ground covered.

Can only think the lad is coming back from injury and we are short of top class players so Wenger threw him in. We don't all have Pep's money.
Ramsey should have gone off before that imo. He didn't look up to it physically
All I'm saying is I agree with his opinions that's all. Its not about being a nodding dog as what you express in your posts suggests you agree with a lot of the content of his opinions really as well.
I dont forget anything about Neville or his mong of a brother either, mouthy, lefty little gobsh**es the pair of them.
To suggest they kicked Reyes out of English football is a stretch, the guy was talented but wasnt suited to English football physically. All our players got kicked at that time as we were a threat back then and that was the plan to stop us. The difference was when it became became apparent Reyes couldnt do it physically we got rid and got the likes of Cesc in who was a little (just a little) more resilient.
We have spent the last ten years recruiting players not physically suited to English football but teams have strangely stopped kicking us off the park like they used to. Strange that, probably because there is a risk in that and they simply dont need to anymore.
Do you disagree with Wrighty and Arsenal legends who say similar things as well or is it just hard because it comes from the enemy?

I respect Wrighty because he's an Arsenal fan. Even when I disagree with him I know he loves the club. Neville does not love the Arsenal.

And even Neville is entitled to his opinion! But yesterday was overkill. He was gloating in that despicable whiny voice of his and constantly repeating himself.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
People suggesting Neville has a hidden agenda, when his criticisms literally mirror what most of our fans have been saying. Do we not agree that Xhaka for example has been notoriously lazy/brain-dead tracking back? It's not good enough, but the usual suspects want to deflect. There's an attitude problem at the club. I don't see any passion or character at Arsenal.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

They said both incidents were reviewed by VAR at the time.
Until they get VAR right it's a waste of time. If you bump somebody when they're watching the ball coming down it's a foul. In slow mo Aguero was watching Mustafi not the ball. It was cheating plain and simple, regardless of whether Mustafi was on the wrong side of Aguero.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
According to some, we've never legit lost a game. There's always been some evil circumstance to blame.
We're great, don't you know. We just happen to be the unluckiest team in the history of the game. Damn those savage gods of fortune and their blatant agenda against Arsenal.

shootxhakashoot

Ramsey should have gone off before that imo. He didn't look up to it physically

I respect Wrighty because he's an Arsenal fan. Even when I disagree with him I know he loves the club. Neville does not love the Arsenal.

And even Neville is entitled to his opinion! But yesterday was overkill. He was gloating in that despicable whiny voice of his and constantly repeating himself.
you forget we got beaten by Man City, maybe that was why he was upset as more likely he'd dislike them than Arsenal?
Doubt he'd be gloating about us being beaten by them but who knows what goes through that cretins head.
A lot of the players didnt look up for it physically or mentally but who did we have in reserve, maybe Elneny for Ramsey would have been better but doubt many would have been happy about that?
Strange confused tactics allround on the day anyway, was a sort of half and half. Half wanting to defend by putting in an extra defender, half wanting to attack by not playing a more defensive minded midfielder.
Either way mentally the team team didnt look prepared and yes a few of the players, Ramsey, Aubameyang, Monreal, Özil were clearly not up for it physically either.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Until they get VAR right it's a waste of time. If you bump somebody when they're watching the ball coming down it's a foul. In slow mo Aguero was watching Mustafi not the ball. It was cheating plain and simple, regardless of whether Mustafi was on the wrong side of Aguero.
Utter utter delusion. Mustafi is running backwards into Aguero who holds his ground, he's well in his right to do that. It's a contact sport, and technically Mustafi runs into Aguero. Mustafi's lack of awareness cost us there.

Don't bloody dare blame this on the ref. Excuse culture in overdrive :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Round about the same time as the last time we were humiliated in a final?

I don't know... have they gone out fashion like flares and platform shoes?
Life's passing you by bro. They have robot dogs now. Bet you can get one that scampers around your car and p*sses on the back seat.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
you forget we got beaten by Man City, maybe that was why he was upset as more likely he'd dislike them than Arsenal?
Doubt he'd be gloating about us being beaten by them but who knows what goes through that cretins head.
A lot of the players didnt look up for it physically or mentally but who did we have in reserve, maybe Elneny for Ramsey would have been better but doubt many would have been happy about that?
Strange confused tactics allround on the day anyway, was a sort of half and half. Half wanting to defend by putting in an extra defender, half wanting to attack by not playing a more defensive minded midfielder.
Either way mentally the team team didnt look prepared and yes a few of the players, Ramsey, Aubameyang, Monreal, Özil were clearly not up for it physically either.
Interesting thought. Let's see what happens next time Citeh destroy Yanited?

But for most of his career we were the enemy, they just laughed at Citeh then.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Utter utter delusion. Mustafi is running backwards into Aguero who holds his ground, he's well in his right to do that. It's a contact sport, and technically Mustafi runs into Aguero. Mustafi's lack of awareness cost us there.

Don't bloody dare blame this on the ref. Excuse culture in overdrive :lol:
I watched it several times. Every time I saw Aguero looking at Mustafi, looking at the referee and them moving towards Mustafi with the intention of checking him and gaining an advantage.

Mustafi cost us there and we were well beaten but that, for me, is still a foul.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Absolutely not a foul. It doesn't matter if he's looking at Mustafi, the ref or Mother Theresa. It's not a push, it's not even a motion towards Mustafi. It's standing your ground while our ape defender runs into him like a ****ing idiot.

If that's a foul, we should just take all forms of contact out of the sport. It was excellent (fair) play by Aguero.

c00lguy

Usually in that situation it's the striker backing into the defender. In this case the roles were reversed. It should never happen. Defending basics.

Mustafi didn't get back quickly enough from the set piece and he misjudged the flight of the ball. He cried foul to hide from his mistakes. Weak mentality imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom