• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Final | Arsenal v Manchester City | February 25, 2018 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who will win the Carabao Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
He was demeaning, belittling and insulting.

We have won more trophies at Wembley than $ity have done in their history probably.

His comments were unbearable to me. I hope to God that we win a major trophy and then we call him to present it to Wenger.

We deserve it

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
City bossed the game but they actually didn't create that many chances. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of when they had a clear cut chance apart from the 3 that they scored. The second goal was less than half a chance, very good ability from Kompany to direct that into the corner of our goal.

True, but it was still a big mistake to go 5-2-3 again, because they have a lot of player who are interchanging you need at least 3 men in the middle to avoid pressure from there, just look at Liverpool they put pressure on City midfield for over 70 minutes and you can get result then. tactical very poor once yet again by our management.

Also a big mistake to play Wilshere on the left he isnt a winger ffs, what where we thinking really? we are not suited to play 5-2-3 we need to play to our strenght which is 4-2-3-1 currently.

Also getting bored with Ramsey he is supposed to play a midfield role nut a prima dona role just like yesterday yet again, his best position is beside another CM, we should have put Wilshere as no10 yesterday with Xhaka Ramsey holding, we should have got more control in the match. with 2 midfielders in the middle and our fullbacks are playing deep we would always getting in trouble.

Yet again a spineless peformance from Arsenal which was expected as usual there is a lot of toxic from top to bottem hard hard times if you are an Arsenal fan just like us.

Ashybashy86

Hold on. Are we really, after all these years of having Giroud up front, going to make an issue out of having or CF running in behind? Lol
It's an issue when the team isn't playing to that type of CF's strengths. How many times have both Laca and Auba made runs in behind that have been ignored? At least Laca seems to have more to his game and gets more involved.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

We have won more trophies at Wembley than $ity have done in their history probably.

His comments were unbearable to me. I hope to God that we win a major trophy and then we call him to present it to Wenger.

Unfortunately, he's right.

And unfortunately, you won't get your wish. Because he's right.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We deserve it
We deserve respect. We were in the final. We beat Chelski in the last round. We were in the match till almost 60 minutes.

Unfortunately, he's right.

And unfortunately, you won't get your wish. Because he's right.
You never know ;)

He dissed us for the last twenty minutes. Not even trying to put in a good word. Kicking a fallen giant.

I don't care about his bullshit about running around the pitch. The ****er had no talent and failed as manager, so he expects everyone to just run around without any plan. fcuk him and fcuk his criticism. and fcuk everyone who says bad about AFC.

bloody coward commentators.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
How the **** are our centre backs so wide when Bravo has a goal kick baffles me. Mustafi had a brainfart but the same goes for the rest of our defense.

Does Bould do anything about that as a former defender? But also, do our players have no sense of logic?

Pathetic performance once again.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All made worse by the most biased, insulting and over the top commentary I've ever heard from Gary Neville.

Our performance wasn't the best, but it was made to look ten times worse by his rants.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Mustafi was to blame for the first goal but in truth it was a foul as well. The second goal was offside. Sane was right in front of the keeper.

PEA missed a sitter early on which could have changed this match.

The lads looked out of sorts. Ramsey was his usual self when he comes back from injury, he didn't look match fit. Özil had been sick in bed until Wednesday.

People forgetting we beat Chelsea in the semi.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We deserve respect. We were in the final. We beat Chelski in the last round. We were in the match till almost 60 minutes.

You never know ;)

He dissed us for the last twenty minutes. Not even trying to put in a good word. Kicking a fallen giant.

I don't care about his bullshit about running around the pitch. The ****er had no talent and failed as manager, so he expects everyone to just run around without any plan. fcuk him and fcuk his criticism. and fcuk everyone who says bad about AFC.

Best post on here and real passion.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is there constant communication between the ref and those on video? Don’t think it was a free kick but it seems weird that it didn’t get looked at. If Mustafi does that to Aguero in the box then it undoubtedly does. Auba’s miss would have.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If 1% of what I wished on Neville yesterday comes true, his days are numbered.

BUT. Never in the history of my watching Arsenal have I seen us play so badly, cluelessly and (most importantly) without commitment or spirit, in a final.

Think about our final defeats. A stupid goal against Birmingham, narrow loss against Chelsea in the League Cup. A heroic performance in the CL against Barcelona where we deserved to win. Galatassaray? Penalties. Go back. Embarrassing 3-2 league cup final loss to Luton (Gus Caesar!) West Ham - Brooking's jammy header. Valencia on penalties. Zaragoza and Nayim's bizarre goal. Further Back? Roger Osbourne for Ipswich against the run of play. That's almost 50 years now. Ok the Swindon league cup final debacle where we lost 3-1 to a team two divisions down was bad. but at least we took it to extra-time!

What's the point? The point is that for at least fifty years - my memory doesn't go further back - we have ALWAYS been competitive in a final even when we've beaten. Yesterday we were not. although we held out for half an hour and went behind to a foul goal those players looked beaten before the ref blew the starting whistle. This team is broken and no amount of occasional good performances is going to disguise that.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Some of you are absolut idiots. Imagine actually giving value to what a cretin like Neville says let alone accept it.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
We played badly, very badly, and we displayed the energy levels one would expect to see in zombies that have run out of live flesh a year ago. Everything was wrong about our setup and our spirit last night.
No one who watched the game with a modicum of objectivity can say otherwise, imo.

City didn't play particularly well, btw. They didn't need to given our level last night.

It was pathetic. Simply pathetic.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Now I'm curious to see what he said. I'm gonna go look to see if I can find it.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Neville is right. The man is an ex England international, champion, champions league winner and a legend in his own right. He has no reason at all to hate on Arsenal apart from the same frustration that most Arsenal fans have, apart from the trolls and diluded Wenger lovers that is.
His opinion is valid and quite correct.

WhatAFC

You never know ;)

No, he expects players to run around with structure & a plan. We don’t even have the running let alone the plan. What he said was 100% correct and whether you like him or not you can’t deny that he was a consistent performer for a top 1-3 club in the world his entire career.

The reason the premier League is watched is because nearly all the teams play with intensity and passion, regardless of quality. We don’t and haven’t played with intensity for years.

You don’t win major honours just on talent anymore, you win it by having the best and the hardest working players.

Ridiculous that no one can criticise the club in your eyes. It’s that mentality that stops all the crap that’s been going on for years from getting sorted.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Neville is right. The man is an ex England international, champion, champions league winner and a legend in his own right. He has no reason at all to hate on Arsenal apart from the same frustration that most Arsenal fans have, apart from the trolls and diluded Wenger lovers that is.
His opinion is valid and quite correct.

He is a legend at Valencia. They consider him the worst manager in their history.

People are allowed to criticise Arsenal and Wenger but if you don't see where Neville's bile comes from, from the years where we were the only team standing up to them, then maybe you're more of a Neville lover than an Arsenal fan.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

He is a legend at Valencia. They consider him the worst manager in their history.

People are allowed to criticise Arsenal and Wenger but if you don't see where Neville's bile comes from, from the years where we were the only team standing up to them, then maybe you're more of a Neville lover than an Arsenal fan.
Was going to reply but couldn't find better words than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom