• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carlo Cudicini

deki9188

Terry Venebles said today in the News of the world that if he was at chelsea he wouldnt let cudicini go to arsenal. Why solve the enemies problems he said??
idiot!!! :x

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But its up to the player if he wants to go, Man Utd accepted a bid from Barca for Beckham in 2003 but he refused to join. saying he would only leave for Real Madrid and thats where he went. I'm not saying Cudicini wants to join Arsenal just saying that he can decide his destiny. Its called too much player power!

Yes but thats because sir alex wanted beckham out of man utd no matter what it took.

This, however, is a much more different scenario. If Cudicini told chelsea he wants to be transfer listed, and then when the offers come flying in, he tells them he wants them to accept the arsenal offer or he wont leave - then Chelsea would be more than happy to keep him! And they wouldnt even harm their reputation because technically they're not telling him he cannot leave them, they're allowing him to leave, just not to their rivals.

Its a player they deem not to be good enough for their 1st team so why would they be afraid of him joining us

because he's rated as the second best goalkeeper in the premiership.

deki9188

Well you never know, something may work out if wenger attempts to lure him to highbury!!
but the thing is that i cant see wenger droppping almunia because he has played well. maybe they will make a move at the end of the season, because i can see almunia playing the rest of the campaign if he carries on like this. therefore lehmann will leave to germany in order to establish himself as the german no1 for the world cup finals.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
He's a good keeper, but don't be fooled by 'best keeper in prem' type phrases.

There's a different one every year. Hoult, Cudicini, Niemi, etc etc.

invisibleman18

Established Member
myles palmer is full of crap. i dont know how true this is but a friend of mine has heard somewhere that he isnt even an arsenal fan.

lewdikris

Established Member
He's never said he was.

His association with Arsenal started when George Graham joined the club, him and George became mates, and he did a lot of articles/exclusives about Arsenal as a result... Then Wenger joined, he liked his style and so it continued.

Journalists are journalists, not 'fans' in the conventional sense.

It doesn't matter at all if he's a fan or not.

Gunner4life09

I have always supported the idea of getting Cudicini, i'd be great if we could get him but Aluminia has done a decent job in our ranks.

well lets see what wenger does.

I think for chealse to give Cudicini to us would be stupid, they could sell him to someone else just cause they don't want him to come here.

GunneDown

Hello Guys!

Should have signed up ages but didn't! anyway! seems like a good forum!

First bit of info i though i would share!! In the Daily Mirror today and small little article in the sports section.... Carlo Cudicini linked with Arsenal!

I could only Dream of this!! this would be great!

Anyway! what you think?

G

Sammer

Established Member
USArsenal said:
and why do people think he is all that much better than Lehmann?

He ain´t. But that´s besides the point.

It´s funny how some supporters haven´t realized until now that Jens is our no1 this season and that we are looking for a challenger, who, most likely, will be the no2 back up with Manuel being no3.

asajoseph

Established Member
Cudicini, in my oppinion, is a better shot stopper, and generally a little less error prone than Jens.

On one hand, it's hard to see Chelsea selling him to us. But on the other, Cudicini would definitely leap at the chance to sign for us, given that his career is moving backwards with every day at Chelsea. It's all very well picking up the paychecks, and I'm sure he's a rich man now, but at the end of the day money isn't everything, and unless he leaves Chelsea soon it'll reflect poorly on him.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
less error prone? i seem to remember him gifting Henry a goal by letting the ball go through his legs to let us win the match a couple years ago..

think of it this way, Chelsea never won the league when Cudicini was their keeper..

granted, i think he could push Jens for the #1 spot, but I personally think its 6 of one, half dozen of another...

Gurgen

Established Member
USArsenal said:
less error prone? i seem to remember him gifting Henry a goal by letting the ball go through his legs to let us win the match a couple years ago..

Don't forget when he let that tame Henry shot slip through his fingers. And generally his poor composure and bad decisions.
Don't want him anywhere near Arsenal.

asajoseph

Established Member
USArsenal said:

It's not that he doesn't make errors - of course he does, every keeper does. He makes fewer than Jens though. One bad error against us doesn't make him error prone. Similarly, I could point to the FA cup final, where he effectively prevented Chelsea getting thrashed by us until he was beaten by two, almost identical wonder strikes from Ljungberg and Parlour. Doesn't make him amazing, but I'd say it's closer to his 'true' ability than that error against us a few years ago.

think of it this way, Chelsea never won the league when Cudicini was their keeper..

That's not really relevant - if Cech had been behind the same Chelsea ten as Cudicini had, he'd not have won the league for them either. Winning the league is a squad effort, and until last year, Chelsea didn't have the squad to do it. If CC was in goal, they'd have won the league last year anyway.

granted, i think he could push Jens for the #1 spot, but I personally think its 6 of one, half dozen of another...

He's got 4 years on Jens, so it's not just a case of replacing him for one season. And as I've already stated, I think he's a better keeper. Not massively better, but he'd be a small improvement now, and an experienced, quality mid-term option.

Mark

Established Member
I don't know why people get the idea that there's a chance this guy will someday play for us. Chelsea will not sell him to their biggest rivals. He's said he's happy to fight for his place there. It just won't ever happen. If it does I will change my name to Pascal Cygan II.

Army of Me

Established Member
Well Milan just loaned Abbiati to Juve for the season, and people thought that was impossible. Footballs a funny old game.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom