• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cedric Soares: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Welcome to by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen...but if you really want to impress me Cedric, headbutt Ralph N0nce-huettl when you go back to Sothampton.

Also...

@MutableEarth

Hopefully Arteta gives him a run there, I like Niles.

Everyone brings this video up, he’s literally had one very good performance there. If he was smart he’d say I wanna be a solid RB. Don’t know if I see him in CM anymore.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Welcome Cedric. I haven't seen him play but judging by the fact that he has over 30 appearances for Portugal, I guess that's an advantage :)

I hope he slots right which will provide a breather for Bellerin and AMN can focus his development on CDM.

I also find it a bit weird that on Soares' and Mari's announcements, there are no comments by Arteta, but only by Edu.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Hopefully he can be Cedric the Entertainer for us. If not from good performances, then at least from howlers, which is a must for every defender playing for Arsenal.
source.gif

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Everyone brings this video up, he’s literally had one very good performance there. If he was smart he’d say I wanna be a solid RB. Don’t know if I see him in CM anymore.

I find it hard to imagine the club didn't at least discuss the idea with AMN and if he rejected the opportunity to fight for that position then he is a ***** imo. He'll regret it when he's playing CM for Birmingham.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

He only played CM 2 or 3 PL/cup games and impressed. Even if he wanted to be a rb, he should be tried as CM after seeing those performances.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Welcome to by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen...but if you really want to impress me Cedric, headbutt Ralph N0nce-huettl when you go back to Sothampton.

Also...

@MutableEarth

Hopefully Arteta gives him a run there, I like Niles.
I hope so but objectively speaking it's not looking great. Xhaka, Torreira, Guendouzi, Ceballos - that's not counting Willock who seems to be a lock for #10. Back up for Pepe? Seems to be Nelson's remit at the mo and he's back after the international break. He should be given a chance at some point, perhaps in one of the lesser games we have coming up after the break, but we'll see. Can see us selling unfortunately - don't want that at all, but this move and Ceballos staying makes it hard to see minutes.

On Cedric, I'm very meh. It's cover for Bellerin and Kolasinac that doesn't involve putting Saka or AMN there when they're earmarked potentially for other positions. That's about it. If it works out, great. I still think we should have gone for a proper challenger for Bellerin.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nah, he's had more than one good game there. This is the narrative spun because it's cool now, but it's bollocks.

Vs Southampton
Vs Galatasaray
Vs West Ham 2nd half
Vs Koln 2nd half
Vs United

5 off the top of my head. All his best games have come as a midfielder IMO. He was never gonna be a great RB, I don't care what anyone says, but I believe he actually could be a very good midfielder if he is given proper opportunities there. It's just a shame that it might have to come away from the club. There's a top 6 midfielder in there, for sure.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Welcome Cedrick. For some reason with his PL experience I wouldn't be surprised if he proves to be a solid signing once his fit. It gives Bellerin proper competition & should put AMN back to his preferred CM position aswell.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Welcome Cedric. I haven't seen him play but judging by the fact that he has over 30 appearances for Portugal, I guess that's an advantage :)

I hope he slots right which will provide a breather for Bellerin and AMN can focus his development on CDM.

I also find it a bit weird that on Soares' and Mari's announcements, there are no comments by Arteta, but only by Edu.

Decent achievement considering they have Samedo, Cancelo and Ricardo Perreira all competing for the same place.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's nice to know super agent because they always own good players but also own average once i hope edu can't be weak and allow Kia over power

benjamin86

Established Member
Nah, he's had more than one good game there. This is the narrative spun because it's cool now, but it's bollocks.

Vs Southampton
Vs Galatasaray
Vs West Ham 2nd half
Vs Koln 2nd half
Vs United

5 off the top of my head. All his best games have come as a midfielder IMO. He was never gonna be a great RB, I don't care what anyone says, but I believe he actually could be a very good midfielder if he is given proper opportunities there. It's just a shame that it might have to come away from the club. There's a top 6 midfielder in there, for sure.
Modern football with fullbacks pushing up so far it'll be nice to have a midfielder that can drop into either position with relative ease.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Possibly the only club where fans scrutinise what agents are involved in every ****ing deal. If **** Law was still here we’d probably still be trying to agree personal terms.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Possibly the only club where fans scrutinise what agents are involved in every ****ing deal. If **** Law was still here we’d probably still be trying to agree personal terms.

Look up what Kia and MSI did to Corinthians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom