• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League 2007/2008.

Alfonso

Established Member
Terry tried to be Captain marvel, but it was almost too good of a story to come true. He wanted to be the hero of the night but fate denied him that chance. Im sure if Ronaldo had not missed and they were even on pens he would have not taken it, so he was the stupidest brave man in the world at the time. Why the hell did 'the best cm in the world' Essien not take a pen?

Ronadlo scored in a big game and was generally composed and had a decent game, so credit where credit is due, but missing two penalties in such big games is no coincidence either, which suggests he still is not as good as ppl make out, but unfortunately he will win player of the year now, unless Torres scores 10 goals and wins Spain Euro 2008 single handley, which wont happen.

My hate for Man Utd is so great that I was a bit disapointed when Anelka missed. ****ing cant stand Man Utd celebrating. Imagine being a Man Utd fan right now-top of the world. In the pub I was at there were a lot of disapointed Chelsea fans obviously but they took it on the chin and even congratulated some of the Man Utd supporters which was nice to see.

Overal though Man Utd got lucky in another European final. But after watching that match I can now see where we lack. Technically we are as good as these two teams if not better, but mentally these two teams are a bit far off from us at this moment.

Have we signed anyone yet? :?

Alfonso

Established Member
thegame24 said:
Umm i think the only thing that chelsea and united have over us is a ****** wearing black.

You can say Arsenal are better than Man Utd and Chelsea till your blue in the face but the bottom line is that year in year out they are fighting for the big ones whilst we are sat on our arses wondering what happened to our season, again. Its time to man up and actually acheive something tangible next season. The refs ****ing us up is just an excuse. If a team cant fight through adversity then they are not worthy of winning the big trophies anyway. Man Utd lost controversially to Chelsea but did they make a huge moan and cry about it? No, they went out and beat Barca in their next game. We need to learn how to close bad moments and put them in the past, put it behind us. This is what i mean by they are mentally better than us.

The bad thing about Chelsea winning nothing is that they could go on a massive summer spending spree just to make themselfs feel better, the footballing version of retail therapy, even though money cant gurantee you success as Raineri and Grant have both found out.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Didn't want Manure to win of course. But anyone here who says they didn't enjoy Anelka missing would be lying. Cashley and Belletti missing wouldn't have been bad sights either. Nice to see Ronaldo miss his illegal penalty too.

Have to say I absolutely disagree with all these ridiculous comments having a go at John Terry for being "stupid" and trying to "be a hero." It's not like he's never taken one before is it? He actually scored quite a good one in one of the shootouts against Portugal, Euro 2004 I believe. And if Drogba hadn't got himself sent off, he probably wouldn't have taken that one. That being said, I strongly believe that the captain is the leader, and regardless of what position he is, he should be stepping forward for his team in a shootout as one of the 5. I'd be pretty disappointed in our captain for not stepping up tbh. Just my opinion. You might say players like Anelka or Essien should be taking one before a defender, but perhaps they didn't have the bollocks to step forward. Essien wasn't even in the first 7. Anyway, does the order of takers not have to be submitted before the first kick? Surely he didn't just say "ok I'll have this one as it's to win it" like some of you are saying.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I'm telling you that pitch was a disgrace. UEFA and the bums in charge of the "stadium" should hang their heads in shame. Disgrace.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looks like Chelski join the trophyless cub. :lol: 500M invested and they still ended with nothing.

Sorry, I know some of you might think Arsenal are too big to be in that circle but I can't help it. Let's hope Arsenal can get out of that stinky club and win all the glory, starting from the next season.

Rocafella

Established Member
It was no coincidence that so many players went down with cramp. Usually you just see Jamie Carragher going down but nearly everybody was on their arse at some point with it. I was shocked to see somebody as fit as Rio go down with 20 minutes to go.

I'm extremely jealous of United at the moment. Premiership two years running and a Champions League to boot. The closest we've come in a while is our kids in the mickey mouse cup final. It's agony.

gunnerGH

Established Member
United will be pissing themselves...

2 major trophies this season, (3rd Euro Cup)

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool win **** all

I think tonight has made me realise, no matter how much I love Arsenal, we will never be as big as Man Utd! FACT

Pádraig

I didn't get any feeling of satisfaction when Anelka missed the penalty and I'm not lying. Terry completely messed up his, though, and Cech's save against Ronaldo was brilliant.

Drogba's sending off was just **** refereeing. **** this **** about "well if you raise your hand blah, blah, blah" - the mans tired, frustrated and to top it off, Vidic clearly said something to him and I can't see why everyone else failed to mention this. Oh, and he barely stroked his face - how can Drogba get a red for that and Carvalho only get a yellow for his leg breaking tackle on Ronaldo?

Chelsea were inches, even millimetres away at times from winning the trophy and although it pains me to say it, I wanted them to win it.

On a side note, Grant looked really broken at the end.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I've been trying not to say this, but the truth is we f'cked it up. I wonder what Wenger was doing in front of telly.

Wenger might have fell off his sofa laughing when Anelka missed his peno. Then Wenger smashed his big big flat screen TV by throw red wine glass when watching that Fergic'nt lifted the Big Ear. Immediately Wenger phoned Ken and gave his ultimatum to finalise the deals of all his targets.... Sorry, this is my third can of beer. :D

Illusion

Established Member
No good thing was going to come of this night as far as I was concerned.

I am happier Utd won it though, they deserved it a bit more, it means Cole hasn't got his hands on a single trophy this season, it means Drogba missed out on European glory yet again, it means Chelsea aren't the first London club to win the CL and it means there are going to be even more changes at Chelsea this summer.

The bad is of course that Man Utd have won their third CL, so they are now three ahead of us, but two ahead of us was already too much and we still aren't doing much about that. They got the double when they shouldn't have had either. Have to face it, those two teams tonight are teams full of winners, they don't know how to lose and they don't know when they are beaten, they make us look like soggy wet blankets sometimes and it's seriously disapointing to see.

Wenger must win at least one of the two major honours available next season and if one is all he wins he better steer us to within inches of the other major honour at the same time. That is the minimum required next season and failure to do this will result in me blaming Wenger completely for any failure. I don't care if referee's ruin things, injuries hurt us, other teams get lucky or that we don't have the same budget as the bigger teams, if we fail to win one of the two major trophies next season I am holding Wenger personally responsible.

Glad to see Ronaldo miss his penalty though, not because it's Ronaldo but because I am so tired of those stop start cheating penalties. I thought they were illegal but he continuously does it, I can't understand how he is getting away with it, it shouldn't be allowed at all.

thegame24

Established Member
well last few seasons we were rubbish and had unfortunate injuries, but this season we were easily best just got totally bollocked at the wrong time.

United couldnt complain after chelsea game cause it was a pen they just used the controversy to get decisions in their next game and they did against wigan.

btw, had we reached the final we woud been ****ed with a pitch like that.

mindchnger

I would have to agree quite a bit with Illusion here. For me, trying to choose between who I would prefer to see win this game today was like trying to choose the lesser of two evils and I could barely do it. In the end, I guess I let personal vendettas win out by slightly preferring Man Utd to win. Definitely relished not seeing Ashley Cole win a damn thing, though I think I would have preferred Ronaldo crying the whole night when losing. It doesn't matter though. I thought it was poetic justice of sorts to see Ronaldo and Terry **** up their PKs, but in a sense I think Man Utd deserved it by being the better team, particularly as compared to Chelsea in the Premier League and the CL, as much as that pains me to say it. It was a pretty decent game and I'm glad it got down to penalties, definitely made it more entertaining for the neutral although I think PKs are a ****ty way to win or lose a game. I just hope that one day soon I get to see our team parading the ground with the trophy.

Dez

It felt weird watching this this morning. I eventually found myself hoping for United to win, and yes a little piece of me died inside. Utd will have a bigger trophy cabinet than us for some time, they'll overtake Liverpool soon enough. We aren't this biggest club in england but **** me if we're not the biggest club in london. I just couldn't of handled those ****s being the first London club to do it.

When I look back there are a lot of players I was hoping would miss. Ronaldo, the pompous ****, for one.. Belletti and Anelka, but my lord if Cole had cost Chelsea the European Cup that would have made me very very happy.

McIntyre

Established Member
I can't stand United but I'm so glad Chelski didn't win it. Seeing them basically buy the Champions League (and refuse to recognise that fact) would've made me sick to my stomach. Their f*ckwit fans would've been able to brag about being the first London club to have won the competition and how they'd won it and we hadn't.

But possibly the most satisfying thing about seeing them lose that final was how much their arrogance, ill-discipline and cheating came back to haunt them. Had they not started employing this tactic of playing the ball out in an offensive position (after the opposition have put it out because of an injury) instead of returning the ball to the opposition keeper, then Tevez would not have been forced to play them at their own game. That melee would never have happened and Drogba would've still been on the pitch to take a penalty.

Of course, let's not forget who started that melee: John Terry. He was the first to remonstrate with Tevez over his actions, which led to the players he's meant to set an example for all wading in. As a result Drogba gets sent off, Terry has to take the final penalty and f*cks it up. Good. It serves the arrogant, selfish, hypocritical reprobate right. I have no sympathy for him because of the terrible way in which he conducts himself on the pitch: a self styled hero who's meant to lead by example but spends 80% of the game shouting in the ref's face, or breaking up fights he himself has started. We don't need a guy like that captaining a European Cup winning British team nor the England national team.

As much as I hate seeing United and their fans happy, over the course of the competition they deserved it more. Look at United's run to the final compared to Chelsea's. It was, at least, nice to see Ronaldo and his illegal penalty technique f*ck up.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
gunnerGH said:
I think tonight has made me realise, no matter how much I love Arsenal, we will never be as big as Man Utd! FACT
What makes me worry is this Queros. I reckon he will succeed Fergie and the Portuguese seems picking up the tricks to be a big club manager. He doesn't looke like a ordinary manager who was dictated by the likes of Figo and Zidane anymore.

Mostarac

Established Member
Funny how nobody mentions that ugly mug Vidic clearly said something to provoke Drogba`s reaction, either he said something strongly explicit or it was racial abuse, would not surprise me because Vidic has done this before(succeeded in getting opposition players to react in different ways because of provocations).

_scorpion_

Established Member
Illusion said:
No good thing was going to come of this night as far as I was concerned.

I am happier Utd won it though, they deserved it a bit more, it means Cole hasn't got his hands on a single trophy this season, it means Drogba missed out on European glory yet again, it means Chelsea aren't the first London club to win the CL and it means there are going to be even more changes at Chelsea this summer.

The bad is of course that Man Utd have won their third CL, so they are now three ahead of us, but two ahead of us was already too much and we still aren't doing much about that. They got the double when they shouldn't have had either. Have to face it, those two teams tonight are teams full of winners, they don't know how to lose and they don't know when they are beaten, they make us look like soggy wet blankets sometimes and it's seriously disapointing to see.

Wenger must win at least one of the two major honours available next season and if one is all he wins he better steer us to within inches of the other major honour at the same time. That is the minimum required next season and failure to do this will result in me blaming Wenger completely for any failure. I don't care if referee's ruin things, injuries hurt us, other teams get lucky or that we don't have the same budget as the bigger teams, if we fail to win one of the two major trophies next season I am holding Wenger personally responsible.

Glad to see Ronaldo miss his penalty though, not because it's Ronaldo but because I am so tired of those stop start cheating penalties. I thought they were illegal but he continuously does it, I can't understand how he is getting away with it, it shouldn't be allowed at all.

You summed up all my thoughts 100%!!!!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I thought Chelsea played really brilliantly and with all their chances they should have won this comfortably. Since halftime, there was only one side attacking and that was the blues. Only after Drogba sent off, they couldn't attack much even though they still keep trying.

Would have prefered the crybaby loser be Ronaldo instead of Terry, but Ronaldo was such a girly ***** he cried as well.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom