• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League 2016/17

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People bigging up Leicester again. :lol: Just been very lucky to meet Seville and next game they'll get a spanking.

BobP

Memri Fan
Is that where we're at now, rubbishing Arsenal for what might have happened.:lol:

Okay, since you want to talk about what happened, these are the facts:

We lost 10-2 on aggregate against Bayern Munich. That scoreline looks like it has come out straight from the early period of the European Cup. We've been knocked out of the R16 in the CL for the 7th season in a row.

Leicester, on their CL debut, their 1st time ever in the CL, fought back and beat an impressive Sevilla side. On their CL debut they've gone further than we have in the last 7 years.

You have 0 ground upon which to belittle what Leicester have done here.

Furthermore, you yourself are rubbishing Leicester for what hasn't happened yet, by claiming they'll be smashed in the QFs. Nobody knows that, all I know is that we've been knocked out for the 7th consecutive time in the CL R16 while Leicester are in the QFs, these are the facts.

2D4617D000000578-3267537-image-a-13_1444489839150.jpg

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Okay, since you want to talk about what happened, these are the facts:

We lost 10-2 on aggregate against Bayern Munich. That scoreline looks like it has come out straight from the early period of the European Cup. We've been knocked out of the R16 in the CL for the 7th season in a row.

Leicester, on their CL debut, their 1st time ever in the CL, fought back and beat an impressive Sevilla side. On their CL debut they've gone further than we have in the last 7 years.

You have 0 ground upon which to belittle what Leicester have done here.

Furthermore, you yourself are rubbishing Leicester for what hasn't happened yet, by claiming they'll be smashed in the QFs. Nobody knows that, all I know is that we've been knocked out for the 7th consecutive time in the CL R16 while Leicester are in the QFs, these are the facts.

2D4617D000000578-3267537-image-a-13_1444489839150.jpg
Bob, I've supported Arsenal all my life and couldn't give a f*** about Leicester. :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Is that where we're at now, rubbishing Arsenal for what might have happened.:lol:
Like you're rubbishing Leicester for not only winning ( I know Wenger fans have a warped view of success), but also for what is yet to happen :lol:

Leicester are a knife to the heart of every Wenger apologist. Funny thing is they've actually created this hilarious scenario themselves!

Edit: Bob said it first!

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Makingtrax uses the :lol: so much at the end of each post. He sounds so angry, like the only argument he has left is pretending there's a joke we're too stupid to see. It's awfully sad.
Strange . . always been a smiler, and like to put a :lol: to show I'm not angry, always keen to find a joke somewhere. :lol:

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Away goals should be scrapped, how can you decide a draw on that ffs. Just go to extra time.

Bayern reached the final in 2010 by getting through TWICE because of this.

BobP

Memri Fan
Like you're rubbishing Leicester for not only winning ( I know Wenger fans have a warped view of success), but also for what is yet to happen :lol:

Leicester are a knife to the heart of every Wenger apologist. Funny thing is they've actually created this hilarious scenario themselves!

I agree, even with me, up until last season a small part of me thought it was alright because we were always beaten to the title by better teams with massive transfer outlays i.e. Chelsea, United and City. But Leicester doing what they did last season completely snuffed that out.

You hear Wenger's defenders say it was a fluke and so on. My response is a season isn't a knockout competition, there are 38 games in which to prove yourself, and Leicester did that, something which we haven't managed to accomplish in well over a decade.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
De Bruyne has been just as bad/worse than Özil this year tbh.
City fans' comments about KDB are very similar to what we see about Özil:
I'm a massive massive fan but this season been way below par.
Was worst player on the pitch last night by far.
Don't know what's wrong with him but this season he's been well off the boil.
He was a disgrace yesterday.

Lots of players played badly, however Kev just looked like he didn't give a **** - hard to fathom how a player as good as him can play with such disregard.
You can count on one hand the amount of good games he's had this season
What the **** is wrong with the guy? Both his attitude and his technical competence were so poor last night. No intensity, no press, lost every one on one challenge he had. let players run by him.
No point playing a player in midfield who can't tackle and shirks 50/50's. He has one skill for me his passing. Without that he doesn't actually offer much currently as his goals return is very poor and his passing is off.

Needs benching.
He hid last night. No if and buts or maybes.

He literally stood still in the centre of the pitch at times and in doing so hurt Silva's game as it allowed Monaco to just sit and wait rather than chase our players into space.

The lad needs benching and needs to get his head out of his arse.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And that ladies and gentlemen is why you do not play 2 ams as cms. That is why Özil cannot play central midfield for us. Can't believe people couldn't see that.

Wouldn't you just love Arsenal to ransack Monaco? Manager included. Play 4 4 2. If only.

---------------Welbeck----Mbappe

Lemar-------Bakayoko--Ox-----Özil

Mendy----------Kos-----Mustafi--------Bellerin

--------------------------Cech------------

On a more serious note.

Bakayoko - 40 mil
Mendy - 30 mil
Mbappe - 35 mil plus add ons rising to 60 mil.

105 total. When you consider Mustafi, Xhaka and Perez cost around 100 mil. Also if Sanchez leaves for 30 million. That's a 70 million net spend.

I just have zero confidence in the club completing those deals or Wenger even going for those players.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That's English football culture. You big up you're own team and rubbish the rivals. 'Who are you' . . and all the chants. Healthy rivalry. My neighbour is a Spuds supporter and we're always joking. Same with my mates.

Joined AM hoping this would continue. But no. Here everybody jokes about Arsenal and bigs up the opposition in a serious way. Still can't get used to it mate.

carlito'sway

Established Member
And that ladies and gentlemen is why you do not play 2 ams as cms. That is why Özil cannot play central midfield for us. Can't believe people couldn't see that.

Wouldn't you just love Arsenal to ransack Monaco? Manager included. Play 4 4 2. If only.

---------------Welbeck----Mbappe

Lemar-------Bakayoko--Ox-----Özil

Mendy----------Kos-----Mustafi--------Bellerin

--------------------------Cech------------

On a more serious note.

Bakayoko - 40 mil
Mendy - 30 mil
Mbappe - 35 mil plus add ons rising to 60 mil.

105 total. When you consider Mustafi, Xhaka and Perez cost around 100 mil. Also if Sanchez leaves for 30 million. That's a 70 million net spend.

I just have zero confidence in the club completing those deals or Wenger even going for those players.

Hate to be a contrarian, but Mbappe will not move for less than Martial's money. That is the current benchmark. We are talking about a 70/80 M player as we speak. Actually, I will be shocked if he is sold anyway this summer. The plan is for Mbappe to be a full time starter next year and continue to progress. He will break the 100 M ceiling then.
The ones more likely to leave are Fabinho and Silva. These two will go over 100 M and that would be more than enough to fill Monaco's coffer for next season.

PS. In your line up, if Jardim is the manager, Ox would not be a starter. ;)

BobP

Memri Fan
Hate to be a contrarian, but Mbappe will not move for less than Martial's money. That is the current benchmark. We are talking about a 70/80 M player as we speak. Actually, I will be shocked if he is sold anyway this summer. The plan is for Mbappe to be a full time starter next year and continue to progress. He will break the 100 M ceiling then.
The ones more likely to leave are Fabinho and Silva. These two will go over 100 M and that would be more than enough to fill Monaco's coffer for next season.

PS. In your line up, if Jardim is the manager, Ox would not be a starter. ;)

Think Fabinho and Silva will go for close to 50M each?

Also, why do you think Jardim wouldn't like Ox?

Sidenote: I remember the days where I discovered Fabinho on FIFA at Rio Ave (I think) but then Real took him on loan and became a pain to acquire him because it always said this player has only just recently moved.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I like watching Monaco, one of the most exciting teams around right now. I watch them attack and think every single one of their attackers can make things happen. Lemar, Mbappe, Silva are all quality. For us it's all about getting the ball to Sanchez.

If we want a keeper I wouldn't mind Leno from Leverkusen. Don't watch the Bundesliga but I remember him being a big prospect, he made a few ridiculous saves last night. Brandt looks good too.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Think Fabinho and Silva will go for close to 50M each?

Also, why do you think Jardim wouldn't like Ox?

Sidenote: I remember the days where I discovered Fabinho on FIFA at Rio Ave (I think) but then Real took him on loan and became a pain to acquire him because it always said this player has only just recently moved.

Fabinho is likely a 35 to 40 M and Silva is a 60 M player at this stage. Monaco (like OL) is a tough team to deal with. Look at their last big deal, Martial (60 M, potentially 70), James (80 M). If you ask me today to pick between James and Silva, I will take the Portuguese.

Ox: Lacks positional discipline and more importantly he is not good enough technically. He would not start in CM for Jardim (he would even put Moutinho before him) and on the wings Lemar and Silva are one step or two above him.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom