• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League 2016/17

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Fabinho is likely a 35 to 40 M and Silva is a 60 M player at this stage. Monaco (like OL) is a tough team to deal with. Look at their last big deal, Martial (60 M, potentially 70), James (80 M). If you ask me today to pick between James and Silva, I will take the Portuguese.

Ox: Lacks positional discipline and more importantly he is not good enough technically. He would not start in CM for Jardim (he would even put Moutinho before him) and on the wings Lemar and Silva are one step or two above him.

Martial was 30 million rising to 60 million based on add ons. I don't see why we couldn't do the same. Ox doesn't lack positional discipline. He covers and makes tackles where he needs to. There is no reason why he wouldn't flourish in a system that relies on physicality in midfield.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That's English football culture. You big up you're own team and rubbish the rivals. 'Who are you' . . and all the chants. Healthy rivalry. My neighbour is a Spuds supporter and we're always joking. Same with my mates.

Joined AM hoping this would continue. But no. Here everybody jokes about Arsenal and bigs up the opposition in a serious way. Still can't get used to it mate.
Its not always like that. Sometimes a team other than your own comes along and highlights where you're going wrong. That's how humans have progressed. It's basic. Leicesters success is symbolic of where we're going wrong in so many ways.

And if it's ok for Wenger to use Barcas and Enriques first leg humiliation as a reference, even though they ended up going through, then it's fair game for fans to use Leicester to add perspective to the argument as to why he's way past it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I like watching Monaco, one of the most exciting teams around right now. I watch them attack and think every single one of their attackers can make things happen. Lemar, Mbappe, Silva are all quality. For us it's all about getting the ball to Sanchez.

If we want a keeper I wouldn't mind Leno from Leverkusen. Don't watch the Bundesliga but I remember him being a big prospect, he made a few ridiculous saves last night. Brandt looks good too.
I watched most of the Atletico game last night and Oblak was unreal. Lever were at them the whole game and conceding would have put the ****s right up Atletico. He made sure there was no choke. Both keepers were outstanding.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Martial was 30 million rising to 60 million based on add ons. I don't see why we couldn't do the same. Ox doesn't lack positional discipline. He covers and makes tackles where he needs to. There is no reason why he wouldn't flourish in a system that relies on physicality in midfield.

Let's agree that we disagree on Ox. He is nowhere near the players starting for Monaco in CM for that matter. We, Arsenal fans, tend to overrate him but he is average.

As of Martial, Mbappe today is already much better player than Martial was at the time of his transfer. Some may argue he is even a better player today.
Martial fee: 50 M Euros (set fee, not the add ons). Paid in two installements.
Plus up to 30 M in add ons. ( 20 m of them are easily achievable).

"France international Martial initially cost the Red Devils a transfer fee of €50million, which is being paid over two installments.
The final €30million is due to be paid on July 1, 2016.
Additionally, United will need to pay the French club another €10million if the striker scores 25 goals in competitive matches. Martial has already scored eight this season.
A further €10million will be owed if the 20-year-old earns 25 France caps, although each appearance needs to be at least 45 minutes long.
The same amount must be paid again if Martial is nominated for the Ballon d’Or."

You can see a copy of the contract here.
http://www.teamtalk.com/news/leaked-documents-reveals-full-cost-of-martial-transfer

zanwalk

Sp**s Fan
Not the right thread for it but thats the least star studded England team I've ever seen. Garbage.

I thought it was the CL thread, yet I've just been reading the last few pages and it seemed to have morphed into a discussion on the respective merits of Sesame Street and the Muppet Show.

I wouldn't worry what you say mate it seems anything goes round here.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Actually makingtrax is 100% right. Elmo is a Muppet. Apparently several Muppet characters were created for sesame Street, if you google it you will see it is true.

Infact the Muppet show came after sesame Street, I think the guy that created the Muppets for sesame Street then wanted to do his own thing after. So yes Elmo is a Muppet. The cookie monster is also a Muppet. And I have way too much time on my hands lol.

Glad for Monaco though, I really expected city to go through especially after Sane scored. It's strange that English football is doing so badly in the cl, I certainly don't feel like we are so far behind but we seem to tank majorly in the big games.
Thanks mate for clearing that up. Will nominate you for most knowledgeable poster at the end of season awards. ;)

@rich 1990 and @Rex Banner smh

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You're always skirting legitimate responses to your posts.
No never. But let's deal in facts.

Leicester are likely to get beaten when they meet one of the top teams. It's a prediction. And it's based on sound evidence, ie they are not doing well in the Prem and teams that are doing much better like Arsenal, Sp**s and a Man C still struggle against Europe's elite teams. They lost 4-2 to Barcelona in the Champions cup and 4-0 to PSG, lost 5-0 to Porto. The Seville match is very much against the grain.

You saying that we would definitely have been beaten by Seville is wild speculation at best. We drew with PSG twice, smashed Ludogorets 6-0 and beat Basel 4-1 away. Yes we lost to Bayern but the second game was definitely influenced by the ref.

And bellitling your rivals is part of football culture and fair game. It's only on AM that people big up our rivals and that's down to frustration. When Wenger's gone it'll probably return to normal.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If you could only have two Monaco players?
Ooh tough one but Mbappe and Fabinho from what I've seen. Mendy a close third.

We haven't had a consistent performer at box to box midfield in about 3 years. One of the most essential roles in football ffs.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

City fans' comments about KDB are very similar to what we see about Özil:
Really interesting.

Players like De Bruyne and Özil suffer when their team suffers. They are not the type to help establish your team in a close game, what they do is provide that extra attacking class when your team is already in a solid position. A lot of number tens are like this.

I mentioned this weeks ago as well but oh well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Leicester got good draw they didn't end up facing top top quality team but still A.Madrid will easily go through in my opinion. Dortmund Vs Monaco should be fun both teams don't give a f**k about defending.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Leicester vs Atletico is the dream draw for WOB's, no matter who goes through they'll be able to use it as s tick to beat Wenger with...

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom