• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Champions League Quarter Finals 1st Leg: Arsenal 2 - 2 Bayern Munich | Tuesday 9th April | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_arsenal.jpg

Screenshot-20240407-212037-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240407-211957-Chrome.jpg

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Bayern

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I don't know but Jorginho playing the full 90 minutes against Brighton suggests to me Partey might get a start here

Which is fine tbf.

No chance Partey starts imo. Jorginho will start and likely Partey comes off the bench. Arteta will pick his team based on who is the fittest/sharpest. Tomas is not at the level yet to play in a game like this.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

This is what I think Arteta will roll with:

------------Raya---------------
White--Saliba--Gabriel--Tomi
-----------Jorginho------------
-------Ødegaard---Rice-------
---Saka----Havertz----Jesus--

MikeVinna

Established Member
Don’t think we can get away with Zinny here. Yes we’ll likely have the ball and play from the back but they have a bunch of tricky players out wide. Wonder if Kiwi is back in the dog house now that Tomi and Zinny are fully fit. Might just be the perfect game for the Japanese to be fair.

I hope we don’t shoehorn Jesus into the attack again. Would love to see Martinelli.

Tomb Bombadil

I think that as soon as we pin them down and score a goal they could fall apart really quickly.
Yes that can happen but I guess Tuchel will prepare them well and they will defend deep. So first we have to score the goal that they could fall apart.

I hope we don't play with the handbrake like we did against Porto.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
So? Does that mean we're just going to struggle in the CL for eternity because we struggled to get over Porto? I expect us to be much, much better vs a team like Bayern.

Agreed.

The match scenario will likely not be the same as against Porto. Lets not forget that Porto adjusted their entire tactics and game plan based on how we play, especially in the build-up phase. Bayern will never adapt their play in the same way Porto did because they have sufficiently good players to punish us, especially in transition. Gonna be a good game this can't wait.

This is my eleven

Raya
White - Saliba - Gabriel - Kiwior
Ødegaard - Rice - Jorginho
Saka - Havertz - Jesus

Think it's too soon to start Tomiyasu or Partey, but good sub options to have. I don't want to see Zinchenko in this game at all, just keep him fit and ready for Aston Villa.

Tomb Bombadil

I think only questions behind LB and LW.

LB I think we might see Kiwior and left wing I guess it's 50/50 between Jesus and Martinelli.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
No chance Partey starts imo. Jorginho will start and likely Partey comes off the bench. Arteta will pick his team based on who is the fittest/sharpest. Tomas is not at the level yet to play in a game like this.
I agree with you in terms of fitness, but its about 50/50 ... he may well start.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

I don't think there is anything wrong with being overconfident to be honest, it's kinda the point of being a fan...you could be right if we win, then you can properly banter everyone.

I wish I could be like this, but I am like the mouse that desperately wants the cheese but keeps getting zapped by the buzzer in the maze...I am too scared, and too scarred right now 😅

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Don’t you think we’ll more likely see Rice at 6 and Jorginho at 8 for this one? Similar to the Pool game.

Not that confident with Musiala running at Jorginho and dribbling his way into the space in behind him.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Don’t you think we’ll more likely see Rice at 6 and Jorginho at 8 for this one? Similar to the Pool game.

Not that confident with Musiala running at Jorginho and dribbling his way into the space in behind him.

I want to see Partey, but do you think he's ready to start in a CL quarter final against Bayern? I don't know man.

Riou

Partey has started one game since like September, did alright I guess but it was against Luton...has looked literally drunk in most of his sub appearances too.

But yeah **** it, Champions League quarters is his next star show ffs 🤣

Riou

Worlds best goalie at the time Kahn in the mud
Kanu was a brilliant player

That flick over the defenders head on the byline is stunning, tbh.

Shame he had Henry and Bergkamp to compete with, literally most teams in the world he would have been a starter every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom