• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I didn't take to Arteta early on but Potter is on another level. Heralded as a modern coach with a bright future, he has to do better with players that pound for pound are better than what Areta inherited. He fooled a lot of people and looks totally out of his depth. I remember Brendan Rogers rejecting Chelsea rumours years ago saying "I'm trying to build my career, not destroy it..." Potter is surely only there for the inevitable redundancy payout.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
FFS, Graham!! You're not calling in to discuss our tribulations talksh*ite, you're a manager of a top 6 club.

He's just expediting the situation by digging his grave 🤣
Not just that but ensuring he never gets another crack at a top job again. No owner is looking at this whiny b*tch and thinking they want to entrust him with their club. Even Levy probably wouldn't touch him.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Not just that but ensuring he never gets another crack at a top job again. No owner is looking at this whiny b*tch and thinking they want to entrust him with their club. Even Levy probably wouldn't touch him.

He really isn't painting himself in the best light here.

Sadly, it's going to reinforce the opinion at the top that British managers are not fit for these positions.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He really isn't painting himself in the best light here.

Sadly, it's going to reinforce the opinion at the top that British managers are not fit for these positions.
I still think Howe has a chance if he can sort out Newcastle's attack while maintaining the solidity at the back but yeah it's looking pretty grim at the moment. I thought Potter could surely only improve upon Southgate as the England manager but now I want him nowhere near that setup.

VancouverCanuck

I am going against the popular opinion here. The fact that Potter inherits such a bloated squad, with so many incomings, makes his job really difficult. There is simply not enough time for him to put a stamp on the team.

Sure Arteta won the fa cup in his first half season. But the squad was much more settled, with a peak Auba. And Laca was still decent at the time. So I don’t think it’s totally fair to just compare that half season. Don’t forget the team then regress with another 8th place finish. Many people were calling Arteta’s head at the time, with good reasons.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I wouldn't want to be at Chelsea right now as a coach either. Boehly bought every player left, right and centre that he could get his hands on. I don't think the manager has a say in it. The squad is too big, they've spent a ****load and their squad still lacks quality players. Bunch of mercenaries now who don't care for the club, just want to get paid and do their thing.

Best thing is that some of them have 8 year contracts, they could be in ****ing deep **** :lol:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Not sure why everyone's just focussing on Potter like he's responsible for their situation by himself. Sure his team looks like **** and his pressers are pathetic but so are anyone's when results go pearshaped, Artetas were awful the last two years as well.

Potter will most likely be sacked anyway but the guy who really deserves ridicule is the fat American who bought the club for more than 4bn, spent more on transfers in six months than most clubs have in their entire existence and got the third best club in West London for his efforts.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I didn't take to Arteta early on but Potter is on another level. Heralded as a modern coach with a bright future, he has to do better with players that pound for pound are better than what Areta inherited. He fooled a lot of people and looks totally out of his depth. I remember Brendan Rogers rejecting Chelsea rumours years ago saying "I'm trying to build my career, not destroy it..." Potter is surely only there for the inevitable redundancy payout.
I think Artetas job was much easier. Potter gets a job with the owner falling out with previous manager because he threw bunch of players at him. 2 months later the owner decides to throw bunch of players at him.

The thing is all those players have no PL experience and they all young lacking experience. I mean 200 million for enzo and mudryk. One has 6 months experience in Europe and the other is raw as hell.

I do think potter has made mistakes a more experienced manager wouldn’t do in that he gave every player a chance and there are too many players. And too many similar players. You have havertz you get Felix. You have Sterling you get Mudryk. You have right winger who cuts in Ziyech gets rw who cuts in noni. Potter also got the job because a more experienced manager would have said no to all these signings.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Not sure why everyone's just focussing on Potter like he's responsible for their situation by himself. Sure his team looks like **** and his pressers are pathetic but so are anyone's when results go pearshaped, Artetas were awful the last two years as well.

Potter will most likely be sacked anyway but the guy who really deserves ridicule is the fat American who bought the club for more than 4bn, spent more on transfers in six months than most clubs have in their entire existence and got the third best club in West London for his efforts.

It's like watching an elongated, non-humorous, slow-witted version of every Woody Allen character depicted in cinema.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

The main problems with Chelsea are Todd that correct what he did in last tow transfer window was extremely wrong and he made things worse but the issue with Potter is he dont have personality and he not demanding and ruthless as Mikel or Ten Hag he look to me just a Toy for todd and I'm pretty sure Potter didnt want any of these players in January. Don't think new manager would even solve the issue

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom