• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chris Smalling

GDeep™

League is very weak
Still a decent enough young prospect for me, don't think Utd will look to offload. His situation is interesting, as Evans is currently a better CB, Jones is still seen as the bigger prospect and Utd are linked with two new CBs.

Agree with Souness on Phil Jones too, seems a hectic player which suggests his reading of the game is off.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Were we in for him? I knew we were in for Jones and Wenger had a sitdown talk with him aand hes till chose Utd but Smalling I didn;t think we were. He hasn't performed great and has been unable to cement a place anywhere in Utd's defence.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
As an RB it's a non starter, every time he's played there he has looked poor. I think he has potential as a centre back though, if he was being brought in as backup I'd be happy but £12m is a bit steep. I don't think Utd will sell him though.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's fcking sh!t. Hasn't gone on since the day he arrived there. He's 24 and he looks like he's going nowhere. No thanks.

GDeep™

League is very weak
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/375155/EXCLUSIVE-Arsenal-to-make-a-shock-bid-for-Manchester-United-s-Chris-Smalling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... s-Smalling</a>

Welbeck also wants out is what I'm hearing.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Glad I'm not the only ROFLCOPTERing over this rumour. **** no, stay in Manchester and rot you average bastard.

say yes

forum master baiter
Guess I'm the only one who thinks we could do a lot worse than Smalling as a backup CB then :lol:

He was ****ing impressive vs Bayern.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Young, somewhat experienced can play two positions, makes some sense I guess but we should be looking for better.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I thought he looked really good under Ferguson, not doing well under Moyes but not many are and he's being played RB most of the time. As a backup/successor to Per he'd be very good but the pricetag could be a bit steep.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
GDeep said:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/375155/EXCLUSIVE-Arsenal-to-make-a-shock-bid-for-Manchester-United-s-Chris-Smalling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Welbeck also wants out is what I'm hearing.
:lol: No. No. No. Danny Welbeck is a poor man's poor man's poor man's Sturridge and is not anywhere near good enough for Arsenal. Just a slightly more developed Sanogo.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Welbeck is quality. Have a feeling he'll explode at some point at score 20+ in the league.

musicmonkey

Established Member
I think we could work with him, wouldn't be a bad signing.

Kaboul on a free transfer would be quality and my first choice peronally. Plus it'd piss the **** off.

Caz19

musicmonkey said:
I think we could work with him, wouldn't be a bad signing.

Kaboul on a free transfer would be quality and my first choice peronally. Plus it'd piss the **** off.

Apart from 1 great season for Sp**s he's been pretty average, though you could do much worse for a third choice CB on a free transfer.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Dokaka said:
Welbeck is quality. Have a feeling he'll explode at some point at score 20+ in the league.
If Everton do not get to keep Lukaku next season I can see them trying to sign Welbeck if he is looking out. Comes across as the type that needs faith put in him and a run of games

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom