• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Christopher Nkunku

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

PSG should stop their dumb *****ing over a new contract, just let him go.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Now this I can get excited about.

I understand PSG wanting to get new contract. Just have to hope he doesn't see a future there due to lack of playing time

LeafsBro

I really hope this goes through, even moreso than signing Perisic. He’s young, and he’s a player that Emery likes and seemingly knows how to get the best out of (though he has a small sample size to be fair). The fact that PSG isn’t just giving him away to us implies they clearly see something in him. Hopefully this isn’t a repeat of the Adli saga.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's not that complex. It's all on the player. He needs to refuse the deal as come the summer he will be in the last year of his contract. We need to stick to our offer of loan fee, option to buy. The work needs to be done by the player.PsG are acting like they are losing a starter. Is parades joining in January?

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Think it's either Suarez or Nkunku

Possibly. Emery did start him out wide a few times when Neymar was injured but from what I’ve read they (Nkunku and Suarez) don’t seem to be similar in profile. He started 4 games on the left while Neymar was injured and 2 in midfield but 12 of his 14 sub appearances were in midfield. Coupled with Ornstein’s “Ramsey replacement” line I don’t think the club see him as the winger they’ve spoken about wanting.

Mudi

Could end up coming out of this window with €40m of our summer budget set aside for Nkunku and Suarez :lol:
As long the deals are options to buy, I don't see the issue of reserving €40m of the budget for both.

If both would succeed, we actually would be the winner of the deals. That's why Barca and probably PSG wants an obligation to buy as our upside would be huge while losses limited.

Nkunku looks precisely the player Emery wants his attacking player to be. Fast in transition, pressing and versatile. As many stated, def. a Ramsey replacement. Suarez on the other hand is a Mkhi replacement and probably a good squad option.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Looks Suarez deal is complicated because of barca let's try to get Nkunku it seem much easier deal.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Could end up coming out of this window with €40m of our summer budget set aside for Nkunku and Suarez :lol:

£20 million for Nkunku is a very good deal. I am all for him replacing Ramsey and I am happy we are targeting skilful technical players who have the pace to run forward and get back. He can do a job on the wing, but he isn't a wide player.

Also, bringing in a young French player from PSG who as come through their academy, speaks volumes to our appeal. We need to be the club that attracts that profile of talent and if Nkunku signs and is a success it gives us a much better chance of getting the next Kimpembe.

The big spending clubs do not always allow a pathway for young talent to come through. Nkunku is an example of that and I wouldn't be surprised if Adli wants to leave in 2 years time.

We need to start attracting the young talent that go to Leipzig, Mainz and Dortmund.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

It's an Option to buy, we are not committed to buy. If we do buy its because he's done well with us, nothing wrong with that, if anything it would make summer easier.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom