• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL Draw.. Arsenal Face Celta De Vigo !

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

JazzG said:
R.Madrid match should be interesting :) Gotta feeling Madrid will spank them silly though!
Bayern have a good record over Madrid, and are generally Madrid's bogey team.

A

Anonymous

How do you get there? Pienador airport? who flies there?

I'm Spanish and I live 20 km far from Vigo, in a town called Pontevedra. I hate Celta because they play like most of the teams in Highbury (with 10 defenders).

Vigo has an airport (Peinador) near the city. The stadium is the Municipal de Balaídos. It's small (30000), but there are 12000-15000 people every weekend.

Adam

Established Member
Having the away game first is important for us. We need to take something back to Highbury to defend so Celta can attack us at Highbury and we can exploit the space at home. Otherwise i'd anticipate another tight Highbury CL game, where the Spanish players technique and passing helps them out.

beaney

great draw for us IMO one of the better ties i think.

we should beat them and go thru to the quarters!!!

2 to look out for are Juve vs Deportivo- that will be a quality game! and obvioulsy Real vs Beyern.

im glad we didnt get either of those 2, particulary depo. that would have been the hardest draw

flotz

do you think the fact that the second game will be at highbury is good for us?
because if celta win in spain they'll come to highbury and play negative football and we are not that good in case like that..whats your opinion?

A

Anonymous

Most of the teams have their match winners at this sage, Porto drew with Real so they have class.
I think its the side that make's the least mistakes in the knock out stage's will win it.

Adam

Established Member
FLotz - we are better away from home. They will have to attack, leaving us the space - and we must get an away goal. Celta are defence minded so winning away is the all important thing so that they don't come to Highbury to defend. We know hos frustrating those games can be.

Archie The Leper

Quote:
How do you get there? Pienador airport? who flies there?

I'm Spanish and I live 20 km far from Vigo, in a town called Pontevedra. I hate Celta because they play like most of the teams in Highbury (with 10 defenders).

Vigo has an airport (Peinador) near the city. The stadium is the Municipal de Balaídos. It's small (30000), but there are 12000-15000 people every weekend.

Where do flights come from, do I have to fly to Madrid first?

A

Anonymous

I don't think Arsenal have problems against Celta de Vigo if they play like they're playing now. I saw 3 or 4 matches and they don't do anything.
Celta 0-2 Betis
Osasuna 3-2 Celta
Pontevedra 1-1 Celta (Copa del Rey. Celta qualified on penalties. And they draw thanks to the referee)

flotz

that mean we absolutely need to get sth from the balaidos and i dont remember us getting anything from spain in the last years ...against barca we got a draw ..thats all..
i hoped to avoid a spanish side but i still think we'll get through...we're better..i really think we can go at least to the semi finals ..

A

Anonymous

I think you have to fly to Madrid or Barcelona first. Peinador is small, but maybe there is a flight from London.

Archie The Leper

I think you have to fly to Madrid or Barcelona first. Peinador is small, but maybe there is a flight from London.

Thanks, check out the prices now cheers again

Adam

Established Member
flotz said:
that mean we absolutely need to get sth from the balaidos and i dont remember us getting anything from spain in the last years ...against barca we got a draw ..thats all..
i hoped to avoid a spanish side but i still think we'll get through...we're better..i really think we can go at least to the semi finals ..

You're right that we haven't had much success there in recent years. 2 losses to Valencia, a draw with Barca and 2 Deportivo defeats. However, this year we have a steely determination and experience that we maybe didn't have in the others.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It is a good draw for us.
It be hard to get few goals there as Im guessing they do a defensive game
I think Arsenal will be happy with the draw

Andrew

Porto was the team I didn't want. Before the draw was announced on a opinion poll somewhere I voted that Porto were the toughest of all the second seeded teams. It will be a tough ask for Man Utd.

I am more than happy with Celta. They have very little experience in the Champions League and as far as I can remember they just got in it last year. And their form this year hasn't been too good. Out of all the teams in the draw I think they are about the 2nd or 3rd easiest. If we play to our potential then we will have no worry at all.

A

Anonymous

Iberia fly Heathrow to Vigo via Madrid for £167 return. Or Heathrow to Santiago di Compostela direct for £141 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom