• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Porto vs Arsenal | 10/12/08

Herbert Chapman

Re: FC Porto v Arsenal | CL, Group G | 10 December 2008 | 19:45

Gurgen said:
Diaby will never be a real footballer because he lacks mentality. Time to face facts.

Sure....he's a fake one, an imposter.

2 footed, strong, great technique..and mentality??? How many 20yr olds have have scored in a champions league quarter final at Anfield?

Never be a real footballer :lol:

Illusion

Established Member

Diaby has talent and I like him, but he's a crock. He's constantly picking up niggling injuries that prevent him gathering any real consistency or experience and as a result of this he will almost certainly never reach the potential he clearly has.

lagos

Established Member

I am not saying he should be a starter but I rate him! he is not being developed properly. he has more talent than Song,Denilson and Theo(less pace) combined. There!

Herbert Chapman

Illusion said:
Diaby has talent and I like him, but he's a crock. He's constantly picking up niggling injuries that prevent him gathering any real consistency or experience and as a result of this he will almost certainly never reach the potential he clearly has.

Thats the real issue, he has had niggling injuries but if we take VP as the example (not rosicky)then if they can be kept to a minimum then he's young enough to go on and realise his potential.

The thing is he was in the first team over 2 years ago and looking very good before some sunderland thug snapped his ankle and he was out for a long time.

I believe all he needs is games, which at this club is not a problem :wink:

Illusion

Established Member

Herbert Chapman said:
I believe all he needs is games, which at this club is not a problem :wink:

Yes but since he's constantly getting injured he isn't getting the games!

progman07

Established Member

Diaby is useless. He dribbles backwards or sideway and loses the ball 9 out of 10 times. He has no work rate, no passing ability, no strength. Can't play at the wings, can't play as a DM, can't play as an AM, can't play anything.

Rohit

Established Member

lagosgooner said:
I am not saying he should be a starter but I rate him! he is not being developed properly. he has more talent than Song,Denilson and Theo(less pace) combined. There!

I do think he can be a very good footballer too. If i were asked to chose one player among the current lot to whom i'd apply the "will improve immensely with games and experience" will be Diaby.

dutchMasta

Herbert Chapman said:
Gurgen said:
Diaby will never be a real footballer because he lacks mentality. Time to face facts.

Sure....he's a fake one, an imposter.

2 footed, strong, great technique..and mentality??? How many 20yr olds have have scored in a champions league quarter final at Anfield?

Never be a real footballer :lol:
Woah, you are so wrong there.

lagos

Established Member

I agree with Chapman, Diaby needs a string of games in a preferred position to determine once and for all. His potential upside is greater than that of Denilson or Song. He needs to work on his defensive side, that is a real weakness for him but in a team struggling for creativity, with the possible exception of Theo, he is the only one we have of that lot who is capable of producing something out of nothing

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

lagosgooner said:
I agree with Chapman, Diaby needs a string of games in a preferred position to determine once and for all. His potential upside is greater than that of Denilson or Song. He needs to work on his defensive side, that is a real weakness for him but in a team struggling for creativity, with the possible exception of Theo, he is the only one we have of that lot who is capable of producing something out of nothing

So we drop Cesc, and let Diaby play in his prefered position then, its sorted. :roll:

lagos

Established Member

I wasn't saying that. I said "a preferred position" I also said in an earlier post i don't know where that is (obviously because we all know his ideal position is occupied by Cesc). The point I'm really trying to make in my last few posts is that Diaby is a lot better than what is happenning to him right now. And Yes his performances may be lumped with the likes of Song and Denilson, but he is way much better than that. Arsenal may not be the vehicle to showcase him, but that is not because of a lack of ability, more a lack of opportunity. That's all I am saying.

and will you stop with the rolling of eyes!

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Herbert Chapman said:
the real culprit was bendtner, or "sack of spuds" as seems more fitting.
:lol: MAybe he's enjoying his time before the return of Eduardo. How long will that last? It becomes painful to watch Bendtner play. It's like watching Cristian Vieira trying to dribble like Del Piero and set up for teammates like Roberto Baggio. When the dusts settle, what's left is another lost chance, clumpsienss, and lots of sighs. ahhhh

King Puck Paddy

Positives - Wilshere,Gibbs had good cameo's

Negatives - Everything else

marco

im soo fed up of our players like bentner, song, denilson, diaby just swanning around the pitch thinking they are good enough !! and hiding under the youth policy experiment instead of stadning up and being counted!
cos they know wenger wont buy anyone decent so why put decent performance in.
- the whole club is hiding behind this youth nonsense... and its why all the fans that go love gallas for telling the damn truth.
last night was disgusting.. so what it means **** all but we have a serious mental attitude in only turning up for certain games..

waht we need is real competition for places...
04/05 season we had gilberto, vieira, fabregas, edu all wanting to fit into 2 spaces in the team
kanu or bergkamp battling to partner henry, wiltord trying to get in in front of bobby or fred

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member

tactica442 said:
Herbert Chapman said:
the real culprit was bendtner, or "sack of spuds" as seems more fitting.
:lol: MAybe he's enjoying his time before the return of Eduardo. How long will that last? It becomes painful to watch Bendtner play. It's like watching Cristian Vieira trying to dribble like Del Piero and set up for teammates like Roberto Baggio. When the dusts settle, what's left is another lost chance, clumpsienss, and lots of sighs. ahhhh

Bendtner is not as bad as he is playing at the moment. Boy is just going through a difficult patch.

patrick42uk

Established Member

These boys are too young. You cannot expect them to perform with consistency. Who here between 19-24 had mastered whatever career or path they chose? In fact who here can tell me they knew what the **** they wanted from life at that age.

I dont think its a coincidence that our level dropped with the average age of the team.

progman07

Established Member

patrick42uk said:
These boys are too young. You cannot expect them to perform with consistency. Who here between 19-24 had mastered whatever career or path they chose? In fact who here can tell me they knew what the f**k they wanted from life at that age.

I dont think its a coincidence that our level dropped with the average age of the team.
Well, it isn't about consistency, we aren't playing good football. Maybe against Newcastle and Blackburn we played well (two teams out of the 16 we have played against in the league), but look where they are at the table. Other than that, we have been suffering this year. We lose to the likes of Fulham and Hull, we can't play our nice football anymore. I'd say it is down to lack of quality, rather than lack of consistency. If we played well in every 3rd game, you would be right, but we never play well.

Gurgen

Established Member

patrick42uk said:
These boys are too young. You cannot expect them to perform with consistency. Who here between 19-24 had mastered whatever career or path they chose? In fact who here can tell me they knew what the f**k they wanted from life at that age.

I don't expect consistency, but I expect some heart and fight. So far Ramsey has shown that in every match he has played for us, despite his age. Why can't Diaby? Games like the one yesterday should be an opportunity for him to challenge for a first team spot.

outlaw_member

Established Member

patrick42uk said:

I've been saying that to death. People are expecting the likes of Diaby, Song, Denilson, Nasri, Bendtner and co. to play like seasoned pros. It just isn't going to happen because people at that age are supposed to be inconsistent. Lay the blame at Wenger but definitely not the players.

The reason why players like Diaby and Bendtner do not have a high work rate, because it is not part of their make up. There are many players who don't work hard, but are talented. Granted, the two have looked atrocious this season, but we have all seen what they are capable of. At 22 and 20 respectively, they aren't going to be showing their skills week in week out. Add to that, the team they have around them, the low confidence, and the state the club finds itself in, is it no wonder these players are playing rubbish.

Youngsters need security, you can't make a player develop without the security, that a mistake will not end the world. At the moment, everything Diaby or Bendtner or Denilson do wrong, turns to a defeat. Of course, there confidence will be shot to pieces. In every walk of life, mistakes are supposed help you develop, at the moment any mistake they make, turns into a nightmare.

Alfonso

Established Member

Gurgen said:
I don't expect consistency, but I expect some heart and fight. So far Ramsey has shown that in every match he has played for us, despite his age. Why can't Diaby? Games like the one yesterday should be an opportunity for him to challenge for a first team spot.

Spot on. Why does Bendtner, a player who has acheived f all in his career, stroll around the park as if he is Marco Van Basten? How did it get to this stage where a unproven player loses so much desire where he should be at the peak of his determination and eagerness to get into the first team? People have criticsed Diarra when he was here, but whenever he got an opportunity in the team he busted a gut to show his value. The minimum young players should do is give 100% regardless of talent. If they dont you got to ask serious questions about the manager, as he must be feeding them the wrong bs.

Bendtner, Diaby and Eboue are perfect examples. Either they have no pride or no ambition. Diarra got battered on here because he wasnt content with being just another squad player, at least he had the self-motivation to do something about it.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom