• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Porto vs Arsenal | 10/12/08

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Re: FC Porto v Arsenal | CL, Group G | 10 December 2008 | 19:45

Yeah. Either that, or... maybe he meant that it was an exception to the recent string of games since there wasn't much to play for and we rested a lot of players. But sure, go ahead and deliberately misinterpret the quote. :roll:

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Wenger goes on to say that the Porto game was an opportunity to look ahead and protect the team's interest ahead of the premiership game. In other words, we had qualified and the gamble was to rest some players and so on. Wenger:

"When you get to a position where you can protect your Premier League game a bit, then you do it.

"In this case it was very important and was why we made that choice [against Porto]. Hopefully it will pay off."
Nothing wrong with this way of thinking and I'd much rather have a Porto loss and a 'Boro win than the other way around.

Rohit

Established Member

Is it only me or does Wenger himself sound more circumspect than usual.

Normally he doesn't use words like 'hopefully' with regards to his team. Rightly or wrongly he sounds more confident generally.

outlaw_member

Established Member

Rain Dance said:
The guy played more than Rosicky, surely lack of games is not an excuse. And his time on the wing should've improved his passing and tactical decision

No, he hasn't played more than Rosicky. Sure, he's appeared in more games, but he hasn't had as many minutes on the pitch as the Czech. Besides, playing more than Rosicky doesnt't mean much anyway. Diaby's hasn't started many games, as opposed to Eboue, Bendtner, Walcott and co. He may be older than them, but does not have as many minutes under his belt. Plus his constant injuries, have also halted his progress.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom