• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Clichy

Gooner83

Is it me, or does Clichy look taller?

I didn't have much hope for him this season, as Cole will always be our first choice left back but i can now see him playing left winger.

Now he has two possible positions, i'm looking forward to seeing him play some more games this season.

Him and Cole on the left side seem to work really well... especially if used as a match killer when Pires has played 70-80mins.

brianfrance

Established Member
As you I was very pleased by the association cole-clichy yesterday

Still think they can play together

thegreatbriton

Clichy is defionitely versatile, and at his age It is still possible for a permanent position change. I hope he gets games this year, where-ever he ends up playing.

Mark

Established Member
I'm a big fan of Clichy. I thought he would be better as a defender but he seems perfectly capable of playing left midfield too. His pass to Cole yesterday which lead to our 3rd goal was absolute quality. He is very very talented and I hope we see a lot of him this season.

Serip

Gooner83 said:
Him and Cole on the left side seem to work really well... especially if used as a match killer when Pires has played 70-80mins.

Definately, I want to see this happen frequently this season.

What I loved was the way Cole and Clichy would constantly overlap each other and get behind or ahead of the other yesterday. It was too awesome for words and got me rather excited! :angel You have two players who can both attack and defend so they can cover for each other if any errors are made. Good understanding of each other already also!

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Clichy has impressed me yesterday, as his attacking qualities have improved this season. Last year he was so fast that he just kept running up the pitch but didn't know what to do, whereas yesterday he knew exactly what he was doing, and got behind the defence a couple of times to goos effect. He set up Cole for the goal, and Cesc for a shot at goal.

thegame24

Established Member
Yea i thought he looked a bit taller too, maybe its cause we saw him with ashley for once or maybe he had the normal growth spurt.

I reckon he was brilliant when he came on.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No ones doubting that, it's just a matter of him finding a position to play that's beneficial to himself and at the same time beneficial to us.

Spike

Established Member
I kept getting mixed up between Clichy and Cole because the way the play, both explosive and I can't tell them apart. :p

kel varnsen

Established Member
Serip said:
Gooner83 said:

Definately, I want to see this happen frequently this season.

What I loved was the way Cole and Clichy would constantly overlap each other and get behind or ahead of the other yesterday. It was too awesome for words and got me rather excited! :angel You have two players who can both attack and defend so they can cover for each other if any errors are made. Good understanding of each other already also!

so true; with clichy on the left, cole can go forward and he doesn't have to worry about leaving his position. clichy will be there to cover him...

we have soooo many options; it's almost scary. who will play against everton?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ohh. That spiced the game up and gave the opposition a slight chance. Now we have to tear teams apart that have no chance. Surely that's not entertaining.

calvinngai88

efurze said:
Does this mean no more Cygan on the wing for the last 10 minutes of games?

Thank God.

Cygan wasn't that bad for his performance at the back for the game. Just a little complacent when he chest the ball to Kolo that led to Smith's goal instead of heading it away.

Mark

Established Member
calvinngai88 said:
efurze said:

Thank God.

Cygan wasn't that bad for his performance at the back for the game. Just a little complacent when he chest the ball to Kolo that led to Smith's goal instead of heading it away.

Yeah, but he wasn't playing on the wing, at times last season he would come on from the bench and play on the left side of midfield, now that's a scary sight!

calvinngai88

Mark said:
calvinngai88 said:
efurze said:

Thank God.

Yeah, but he wasn't playing on the wing, at times last season he would come on from the bench and play on the left side of midfield, now that's a scary sight!

Not anymore! RVP and Clichy will do the job.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully Clichy, and that will become his permenant position. If his attacking play moved up another notch it would seriously cause the other teams problems, as he is lightning quick. Dare I say it but he seems faster than Henry to me.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom