• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Clichy

Guns and Arses

Clichy is a fantastic player, I'd really love to see him play, he's a player that Wener should keep, or must keep. It would be good to have both Cole and Clichy playing, switching postions between LB and LW, noth of them can defend as well as attack. The other option is to just play Clichy in LW. Pires can move to the centre.

quattro

the good thing about players like clichy is that he's good enough for the first team without being looked at as a "reserve" or "sub" like say the much maligned pascal cygan. this is due to his age. imo, he makes the grade, high enough that no one slags him off for some mistakes or questions his class but because of his age he is at the moment still content with his roles off the bench. having players like clichy (and cesc, and rvp and...) is good for arsenal as we are not only filling our bench with reserves who are truly talented, we are easing them on smoothly into the first team at the same time. good for morale, good for finances (small transfers and wages atm compared to the likes of more experienced reserves like kanu or wiltord) and for the kids, great for their development and experience.

Leonids

Hello everyone! This is my first post. I'm Vietnamese and my English is very bad. So you will find that there're many grammar and spelling mistake in my post :) .
Enough about myself.
------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, vietnamese Gooners call Gael Clichy and Ashley Cole are "the twin". They shared so many similarities: pace, run, tread (I mean "the way they run"), tech... And both are offence-minded on the left bank.

Hope to see a "new Pires", not a "new Ashley"!

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom