• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Clichy

Mark

Established Member
I think I read somewhere that Clichy is actually our fastest player. He looks it too, if Wenger can convert him into a goal scoring midfielder like Pires then this guy definetly has a future here. I'm sure Wenger can transform him as he has done with many players.

quattro

calvinngai88 said:
efurze said:
Does this mean no more Cygan on the wing for the last 10 minutes of games?

Thank God.

Cygan wasn't that bad for his performance at the back for the game. Just a little complacent when he chest the ball to Kolo that led to Smith's goal instead of heading it away.
i think efurze was talking about that league game at highbury where Arsène mysteriously put cygan as a replacement for bobby in the last ten minutes where saha scored an equalizer.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I never heard that, but to me he always seemed faster than Henry. He has big things ahead of him. Lets hope they are at left midfield and at Arsenal shall we?

Mark

Established Member
Or we could make a fortune off him having signed him for practically nothing! :D

Nah I would rather he could be a Pires replacement in a few years. The potential is there, but there is still work to be done.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But then again who loves this kind of work mor than our own Arsène Wenger.

KingReyes

Established Member
Mark said:
I think I read somewhere that Clichy is actually our fastest player. He looks it too, if Wenger can convert him into a goal scoring midfielder like Pires then this guy definetly has a future here. I'm sure Wenger can transform him as he has done with many players.

Thats what I'm hoping Mark, he's got all the qualities to play at LB so there is no concern playing him there if needed, but to play at LM he'll need to become more of a goalscorer and maybe thats not something that comes naturally to him. Wenger will need to work on him to become more a Pires type player than a Cole.

johe

ozgooner said:
shaz said:
van persie looked a bit clumsy tho, especially on the ball...

i thought he lookend really strong especially in the air

He's definetly not clumsy on the ball, he's very good on the ball, especially for someone his height. If you saw the last game in the Amsterdam Tournament you could see his brilliant technique when he came on, every touch he took just oozed class. I'm sure he will come good in a few months.

calvinngai88

ozgooner said:
if clichy isnt our fastest who is??
i was getting dizzy just watching this guy flying up the wing

Fastest for what? Long distance? Short distance? Dribbling away? Or just purely sprinting, as if chasing for the ball? The fastest sprinter over short distances is Ljungberg, followed by Henry. It was reported somewhere quite a period of time ago.

rtec1

ashley cole is our fastest player, david seaman said in an interview just before euro'04 that in the sprint tests wenger has the players doing cole always comes out on top.

weelip

rtec1 said:
ashley cole is our fastest player, david seaman said in an interview just before euro'04 that in the sprint tests wenger has the players doing cole always comes out on top.

Not too sure about that anymore. Clichy seems to have gained a few yards from last season. He was fast last season too, but not that.

Now he just kept charging past the entire Man U midfield with ease. Not only that, i thought he is equally adept at dribbling. Did anyone see his feint before pushing the ball past his marker in one fluid motion? Fantastic.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Mark said:

our fastest player is henry, but clichy, reyes and ljungberg are faster at shorter distances(<40 meters). i read that reyes smashed previous records at the shorter distances in arsenal...

A.M.A.G.

I don't see why we would want to pin Clichy to one position... if he can play both LB and LM, then its even better for us... versatility gives us an edge.

kel varnsen

Established Member
johe said:
ozgooner said:
shaz said:
van persie looked a bit clumsy tho, especially on the ball...

i thought he lookend really strong especially in the air

He's definetly not clumsy on the ball, he's very good on the ball, especially for someone his height. If you saw the last game in the Amsterdam Tournament you could see his brilliant technique when he came on, every touch he took just oozed class. I'm sure he will come good in a few months.

van persie's technique is flawless; his ball control is truly stunning. once he settles into the team, he will be magnificent. watch inter-feyenoord and be amazed. he was unbelievable; he will be world class...

lewdikris

Established Member
The reports on who's the fastest are manifold ... and always different.

It was sposed to be Henry, Clichy, Kolo last I heard... but **** it, they're all fast as hell, so it's all good.

Clichy's versatility will be the key to him at Arsenal. He'll never oust Cole, but he could be a constant member of the 16 if he can prove himself adaptable enough.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom