• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Clichy

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
lewdikris said:
The reports on who's the fastest are manifold ... and always different.

It was sposed to be Henry, Clichy, Kolo last I heard... but f**k it, they're all fast as hell, so it's all good.

Clichy's versatility will be the key to him at Arsenal. He'll never oust Cole, but he could be a constant member of the 16 if he can prove himself adaptable enough.
He will play more than his fair share of games, but it would be rather better if he played predominantly one position, and improve there drastically.

Adam

Established Member
Lewd's got it right. That is the most reliable source as it is a Kolo Toure quote. Thierry, Clichy and then him.

But Arsenal have so many quick players that it must be very, very tight. It is without doubt that we are the quickest team in the world.

arghhhh

Adam said:
Lewd's got it right. That is the most reliable source as it is a Kolo Toure quote. Thierry, Clichy and then him.

But Arsenal have so many quick players that it must be very, very tight. It is without doubt that we are the quickest team in the world.

we are the quickest team in the world , and the youngest in EPL ,

yeah , it surely is , i can see that clichy will be our LM in the future

i've heard that hoyte is a fast sprinter too

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
It was great to see Reyes, Henry and Pennant in particular in the first half on Sunday, it was like watching little blue missiles streaking up the pitch!

And Clichy and Cole, well... Clichy is "los cojones del perro" :wink:

A

Anonymous

does anyone think, that clichy looks better going for forward then Ashley, he seems more direct and more pacy, i think Ash is a good deal better defensively though.

efurze

yaskl said:
does anyone think, that clichy looks better going for forward then Ashley, he seems more direct and more pacy, i think Ash is a good deal better defensively though.

Yeah, he's faster and looks stronger. I think Ashley's better on the ball though - smarter and better technique. Definitely a better defender as well.

hollow

I think Clichy will end up a Van Bronkhorst type player. Not in the first xi but always in the match day squad as cover for lb, lw and cm. any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

Bit late but after seeing Clichy play awesome last sunday, i would love to see him start more. He played amazing on the left wing and on numerous accounts left the united players on their ass..took them on with ease. One of our best youngsters i think.

Jinn

Established Member
Until he gets a little older, I think he'll be backup LM and LB.
Perhaps later we can change him into something more permanent - but he's definitely good enough to play in the first team.

Aussie

Established Member
I think we are covered fairly well at LB for the next 15 years. Cole is still miles ahead of Clichy though.

jacc_7_1

clichy and cole are both attack orientated
we will not the luxury of having both cole and clichy in the squad for the next 15 years... if clichy is not going to be selected he will need to move to enhance his chances of getting into the france squad especially now with lizarazu retired and candela is getting old

lee1001

Established Member
Clichy is fantastic. He's quick, skillful, can beat players and dribbles surprisingly well. Did everyone see that chip pass to Cole for the third goal at the weekend? Only Henry, Bergkamp or Pires would have thought of that.

His defensive abilities needs practise, but unless you play at the top flight against the top player week in and week out then its difficult.

Also when he gets into the area id like to see a little composure with the final ball.

jc8gooner

I daresay Clichy is better than Ashley was at his age. Anyone agree?
I agree. Cole was not so near the Arsenal team at Clichy's age. Clichy is a great player to bring on late at LM as he has pace to burn, plus is a bit more disciplined (less attacking) than Bobby.

AFCG7

Established Member
Cole wasnt always a left back.. he had to grow into the role and he has done it so well that he has now become a world class LB.
Not fair to compare him to CLichy at that age..he was probably still a striker then.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom