• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

countdown to transfer window closure

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I've seen Hoyte warm up a couple of times but he never made it to the pitch from the bench yet. And o my knowledge, Sendros has not even been on the bench yet. He seems to be very highly rated but our team is doing so well it might be foolish to change things around now. Maybe after our defence gets Campbell back, we might see him coming off the bench for that little but of experience like toure had in hi first full season.

Guns and Arses

We already have Clichy(who imo is as good as Cole - or will be) to cover the LB position. Cygan and Senderos should cover the centre. What we really need is a RB, and Trabelsi will be a very good signing. Hoyte has yet to prove himself, seriously.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
you never know with Arsène though. we just might hear that angulo has passed a medical and convinced aimar and ayala to drop everything and follow him to london to sign for arsenal. and later on, i will be revealed that they are all earning 2 pounds a month and are perfectly happy to live off what they have in the bank, all before the window closes. Arsène can do all things...

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
gunnertilldeath said:
you never know with Arsène though. we just might hear that angulo has passed a medical and convinced aimar and ayala to drop everything and follow him to london to sign for arsenal. and later on, i will be revealed that they are all earning 2 pounds a month and are perfectly happy to live off what they have in the bank, all before the window closes. Arsène can do all things...
lol. Who knows.

Guns and Arses said:
We already have Clichy(who imo is as good as Cole - or will be) to cover the LB position. Cygan and Senderos should cover the centre. What we really need is a RB, and Trabelsi will be a very good signing. Hoyte has yet to prove himself, seriously.
TBH though did Clichy before he got a chance. You need a chance to prove yourself and Hoyte has as of yet not been given it.

patrick42uk

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
gunnertilldeath said:
lol. Who knows.

Guns and Arses said:
TBH though did Clichy before he got a chance. You need a chance to prove yourself and Hoyte has as of yet not been given it.

clichy proved himself in the pre-season we signed. hoyte also had opportunities in pre-season. i think he might have impressed as he is a regular on the bench and it doesnt seem wenger is in a hurry to sign trabelsi. i think wenger is confident enough to play hoyte at rb or even cb.

AFCG7

Established Member
Wenger will probably track Navas just like he tracked Reyes.. maybe for another season to see how things go and then make a concrete bid if he's good enough.. we watched , and chased Reyes for 2 years before we eventually got him.
Another Sevilla player we could check : Julio Baptista.

efurze

Seems very out-of-character for AW to announce that he's tracking someone. Given his track record, it's a little like waving a flag that says "Hey, here's a hot little prospect that will be the next big thing." If I was ManU, I'd buy anyone that got the Wenger seal of approval.

Did he do the same thing with Reyes?

Canuck

Established Member
That's what I was thinking. Now that the word is out on Navas, it's prob. not a sure thing anymore. Wenger likes to keep these things quite until the last minute. Then POW! He pulls this kid out of obscurity and into the big time! :D

kanooo

AFCG7 said:
Wenger will probably track Navas just like he tracked Reyes.. maybe for another season to see how things go and then make a concrete bid if he's good enough.. we watched , and chased Reyes for 2 years before we eventually got him.
Another Sevilla player we could check : Julio Baptista.

Baptista really looks like Adriano to me. Powerful footballer.

DB10

i don't think Arsène came out and said I Want Jesus............

its way out of his character. Its more like some hack spotted a scout at seville, and pub the story. After all they would recognise our spainish scout now after tracking reyes for 2 years........

but you must think that having a scout watching reyes for 2 years, he isn't going to miss another talent............
its not like reyes was training by himself...........

but I remeber something laim brady was saying during euro 2004 when everybody was going on about torres, rooney, etc.......

arsenal knew about the likes of Torres , Joquain xavi alonso etc...... when they where 15,16. we knew how good they where back then.

we only went for the ones that were good enough and relativeley cheap.

you will find that the likes of lupoli, sendoros, will make big impacts in the future.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom