• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Curtis Davies

Taff

This is where I will use my WBA knowledge. I am sorry if I repat anything that was said in the last 46 or so pages but please can I be excused for not reading them?

West Brom took the plunge by signing Curtis and stumping up the money that a lot of other clubs would not. He quickly matured in the Premiership, becoming the integral part of Albions defence and during last season he put in some notable displays especially at Highnury against Henry. The lad has bags of pace and energy and has a good understanding of the game and can read it well. He is also good in the air. He would fit in well at Arsenal, he is a raw talent that needs to be coached well but has the potential to be a future international.

I think a fee of £6.5m to £7.5m is a price I would pay, I would definately not surpass such a value for him.

shaz

can someone PLEASE tell me why the **** we need to sell players in order to buy new ones? dont we supposedly have a 35million war chest or something? or was that all a load of bullshit as usual?

been

why does everyone want curt in other fthreads when the likes of gallas are mentoned everyone is quick to bash each other and say oo are you stupid theres a reason phil got number 6 or that would defo stunt phils development

yet everyone wants curt

kooldawg

Established Member
right....

The only other defender that we'll probably sign is already at the club undergoing a trial, Illiasu.

Grampus_Eight

It looked like Djourou did well enough to keep Davies out of the Boss' thoughts for now. Maybe will make a move for him next summer when his price is likely to drop and he's no longer the flavor of the month. And when Anton Ferdinand, Dawson, King and maybe Woodgate make it look like he won't be in an England squad anytime soon.

dos1986

Established Member
Grampus_Eight said:
It looked like Djourou did well enough to keep Davies out of the Boss' thoughts for now. Maybe will make a move for him next summer when his price is likely to drop and he's no longer the flavor of the month. And when Anton Ferdinand, Dawson, King and maybe Woodgate make it look like he won't be in an England squad anytime soon.

I think we all feel the same way with djourou he has all the attributes to be a great player but he needs to get aggression and uglyness into his game to be one,at the moment he is a bit of gentle giant

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Grampus_Eight said:
It looked like Djourou did well enough to keep Davies out of the Boss' thoughts for now. maybe will make a move for him next summer when his price is likely to drop and he's no longer the flavor of the month. And when Anton Ferdinand, Dawson, King and maybe Woodgate make it look like he won't be in an England squad anytime soon.

well, we certainly don't think so. we need depth in defence now. djourou did well but that dosent mean we have enough defenders. 3 good defenders dosent give you extra depth

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
obviously we dont think theres enough depth but only Arsène does.....
if everyone goes right Arsène will go left..

but anyway lets focus on our man city away game thats going to be tough match

Lenny_Baryea

with AC Milan in for Gallas, perhaps the Davies deal could be back on?

the ever-reliable(!) Clubcall reports....

Wenger to launch £10million defender bid?
2006-08-23 11:39
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger is still weighing up a late bid for West Bromwich Albion defender Curtis Davies.
As initially revealed by clubcall, Davies has been a transfer target for Wenger all summer, and although the England U-21 star has signed a new deal at The Hawthorns, it is thought a bid of £10million may be enough to land him.

Wenger's top priority at present in the acquisition of Chelsea star William Gallas, but he has hinted he does have other targets in mind if he fails to sign the French international:
"Gallas is not the only player we have a chance of getting. There is always a lot happening in the last few days of the transfer market. Gallas is a player we have a chance to get because he does want to leave Chelsea, Ashley Cole wants to leave Arsenal. That's it."

Hand of god

Cant see any truth in this at all, the only reason it has come up again is because Wenger said that Gallas is not the only player we have a chance of getting.

He said ages ago that West Brom were asking too much and if anything the price will only be higher so close to the end of the window. I also think that wenger wants experience to add to the squad.

Lenny_Baryea

Interesting though that Arsène seems to indicate that we are looking to make other signings before the Window shuts. Who might these be, if not Davies?

el jefe

^ ^ As anti-climactic as it would be after the Gallas rumours, I'm afraid Arsène is referring to Shilla Illiasu.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom