• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Curtis Davies

Legend#1

Established Member
MOTM performance tonight from Davies in the Carling Cup against Orient.

Yeah it's only Orient, but I watched him closely, and he really does have it all.

A leader, quick, great in the air, strong, tough in the tackle.. the thing that impressed me most was his positional sense, always in the right place, very assuring.

maxxx

Davies is worth more the 10M i tell you. You cannot go past him. In a couple of years he's going to be huge.

dos1986

Established Member
Dont think he is worth 10m but he is a good player and more importantly a good man I really do admire him for staying with wba and helping them come back to the prem which is something alot of other promising would never do.He made the right move by staying as there definitely going to come back up

Legend#1

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
There's no WAY he's worth anything near 10 mil.

Legend - watch him in his next Championship game yeah?

I saw him 4 times last season and he impressed me each time too, it's 5 in total and i've been very impressed.

anesumachoko

is this a davies appreciation thread or what we all know that wenger wants expirience and at the price WBA want wenger will never buy him, l just can not see why this guy warrants near 50 pages

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
I've been far less impressed watching him in the Championship. Guess we'll find out if he had a good run or is in a bad run of form soon :D

been

someone lock this thread as well as the tevez thread there have been no links and i know wenger sings people out of the blue but elts get realistic none of these guys are coming

maybe we should just lock the whole transfers section

kooldawg

Established Member
hehe @ been.

Well wenger did say he's going to sign 2 players, he didnt really say when, we can expect 2 more signings over the next 2 seasons :D

ali1

I will be shocked if we move for Curtis now!

Weve made an offer for Gallas, have KOLO, SENDO and DJORO(not to mention cygan) why would we want another young CB for £10M?

With Lupoli moving to Derby on loan, i feel there is absolutely no chance in hell of us signing Curtis this season.

If he continues to impress next year, maybe, but his price will increase and we wont bid!

jester

Established Member
saw him for the first time this season yesterday. looked very very poor. sure, he may have had a bad game, but he was poor on the ball, once got the ball stuck under his foot and almost lost it, his passes were off, and he generally looked nothing special. That said, he was good last year, so i'm willing to believe it was an off day

Rohit

Established Member
jester said:
saw him for the first time this season yesterday. looked very very poor. sure, he may have had a bad game, but he was poor on the ball, once got the ball stuck under his foot and almost lost it, his passes were off, and he generally looked nothing special. That said, he was good last year, so i'm willing to believe it was an off day

I have watched him since the season began too since they started telecasting the Championship and he looks a shadow of the player he was last season,when although he wasn't sensational but looked a good prospect.

He just doesn't look that good anymore,could it be because he has been forced to stay i don't know,but he may come good.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom